Making a clean breast of fashion.....?

jim

This could be the hot new Free style look for winter..I realy like the sweater and pants and would wear them given the chance.I hope this softer look for guys enters the main stream.What a change from the mundain,baggy arsed stuff offered at the moment.

Like most here, I dress a little differently and Ms Westwood is doing nothing more than attempting to catch up.. :lol:

As for the breasts, Hmmmmm.............I think I'd give it a go as well.

It's a shame the don't show the shoes in the pic,a pair of 4" heels would set this combo off well.

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,5836546%255E21302,00.html

Makin a clean breast of Fashion.

WANT to keep abreast of the latest in male fashion? Well, the message from Milan is to say goodbye to Mr Macho and hello to Mr Androgyny.

The provocative direction – featuring male models with fake breasts under figure-hugging knitwear – was sent down the catwalk by outrageous British designer Vivienne Westwood in the mens' autumn winter 2003 shows held this week.

And while the effect may look outrageous today, fashion commentators reckon Sydney men may just end up adopting it – in a few years' time.

Director of fashion at Sydney TAFE, Alison Mason, said while Westwood's designs have always been controversial they have largely made their way into our everyday wardrobe.

"The look is controversial but we may see it in some diluted manner in stores," Ms Mason said.

She said the designer had a history of presenting some of the most shocking looks but also visual effects that had been adopted by the mainstream.

Ms Westwood put punk clothing on the map, featuring safety pins, slashed T-shirts, chains and dog collars in the '70s.

The designer also pioneered the new romantic look of the '80s which featured feminine frilled and flounced shirts for men.

But this time around the Westwood catwalk also featured plenty of cues from womens' wear.

Jumpers came in tones of soft camel and rose, featured blouson sleeves and ruffled cuffs, and were teamed with fetching slim-hipped pants and cute peek-a-boo bonnet-style scarves.

Even the catwalk pose took on a feminine trait – gone was the tough guy stance.

It was replaced by a coy swivel of the hips contrived to give the model the slimmest silhouette possible.

Editorial: Page 16

Posted Image

Curves ... a male model wears a breast prosthesis under a Vivienne outfit ... macho meets androgyny, all in the name of fashion.

Eddie Izzard already wears prosthesis breasts. I've seen him wearing them with an emerald green satin bra. He looks fantastic. I think it's the cover for his latest video/DVD

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

A most eye-catching and interesting sight indeed. And I agree wholeheartedly that a pair of heels would've matched perfectly with that outfit. In fact, I daresay that heels NEEDED to go with that ensemble! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, I don't think Curves for men are going to hit the mainstream for me. Kinda odd, one day will men be comparing breast size?

It could happen! It is already very common for male wannabe body builders who have used steroids or steroid-like substances to talk about each other's "side effects" including, among other things, "'roid rages" (steroid-induced PMS?), and enlarged mammary glands (I forget what the corny slang term is for them).

I have to admit that the look of the male model IS rather "fetching", but it won't catch on if combined with other feminine attire, including hi-heels, at least in the short run, in my opinion--that would be "over the top" as you Brits would say. Also, it would look terrible on a fat man (like me :lol: ) but probably no worse than on a fat woman! :( Progress in men's fashion will continue to be, as my dad used to say, "steady by jerks" (a little at a time). :)

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

This androginy look will require more time for me to get used to it. Although I do support anyone's right to wear anything they like, in my case, if I want to wear something feminine, then I will go all the way and dress completely like a female. It's because of my fetish for feminine high heel pumps that made me develop into a crossdresser. I have no aspirations on being a female. I only want to look like one when I wear my beloved high heels.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Azraella wrote:

"steady by jerks" icon_frown.gif

might not that also be a reference to the men that conceive new fashions? :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

might not that also be a reference to the men that conceive new fashions?

LOL :lol: You may be right in some ways Bubba.What you say is especially relevant to those men who design for men. But in this case the designer is a woman....

Not the kind of clothing I'd wear mucking out the stable, but then I don't wear my heels out riding the horse or working in the garden either.

As for me, I like the softer look and it's not that different to what I wear now.

The breasts would take a bit of getting used to tho..but I'm game.

It's throwing things into a loop, certainly. Men displaying breasts and curves. Now, what happens to the part about the primal attraction between men and women, how men look for wide hips, and women look for broad shoulders? It is an interesting fashion concept, certainly, and maybe the intention is to skew the genetic predispositions of men and women everywhere.

if men adopt the wearing of 'strap on baps' then it's going to make looking for female company in a nightclub next to impossible :lol: it might work, you never now. I mean, men are always trying to get into womens underwear and quite usually have a breast fixation, well now they can have it all ways. They can wear them! :( I would probably only be seen with breasts if I was on hormones (unlikely), going to do a charity collection (and they want me dressed as a woman) or it's playtime in the bedroom. It may be a long time before I adopt it as everyday wear.

I think this may well catch on, heard about a bloke once who got breast implants for a bet and kept them as he was so happy with them. Us guys would never have to leave the house I have been out in male clothes with fake breasts underneath and my heels and it feels pretty dam good. Give it a go, but dont get too carried away and go for the jordan look, than would look just daft

I saw that guy on tv talking about it. His friends said they'd pay him £30,000 if he a) had them done and :lol: kept them for a year. As you said he liked them he decided to keep them plus he won his bet!

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

I saw that guy on tv talking about it. His friends said they'd pay him £30,000 if he a) had them done and :lol: kept them for a year. As you said he liked them he decided to keep them plus he won his bet!

Some people would do anything to win their bets...

I wonder what he had to do if he decided to chicken out.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

The guy got a surgeon to pay for the breasts for free, by winning a game of back gammon. I think a nice pair of double dds would be cool if I could get away with it. Any guys out there be up for a set of boobs to win a bet. Suppose it would depend on the amount of cash offered.

The guy got a surgeon to pay for the breasts for free, by winning a game of back gammon

Who wants to learn me how to play back gammon well?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

We do seem to be a Breast Centric Society so I would actually go for this.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

as a species, we are fixated with breasts. most men judge a woman on the size of her mammary glands, in fact, some men just talk to the breasts rather than looking the woman in the eye (rather sad, really). without them a child's development after birth would be severely hampered, so the human race looks for good ones. one the other side of that is the fact that quantity doesn't equal quality, but we like to think it. I can play backgammon sufficiently to beat the computer 95% of the time (and the computer cheats), but I'm not ready to have a pair of knockers surgically attached to my chest just yet, even if could get away with it. mind you, with the weight I seem to have be piling on, I appear to have A cup tits already :lol: I bet those will disappear once I go on a diet. As for curves, well, not so many years ago I had curves. I was a skinny little urchin with a 36-28-34 figure, which would make women envious and men believe that it was female (well, from the back anyway) :( if men did adopt the wearing of breasts, then at least it would be slightly more interesting them comparing breast size as opposed to comparing beer gut size or intelligence needed to beat someone up. do you think that football might, even, take a back seat during such discussions? :)

Thanks have checked the user group out some interesting photos, hmmmmmmm Brough some new heels today much higher than my last pair and the dont make that annoying clicking sound. Also thought I would try the breast thing out, as I dont have and real false tits, I when for a bra and water filled balloon. So there I am with my new heels and ample bust, me thinks a little too ample as I got a few looks from a very quite country pub I walked past. everyone in it at the window. Think maybe less of the Jordan look next time Still it was fun and the heels were great Highguy

I seem to remember someone male doing a whole comedy routine around the basic idea that if he had a pair of breasts of his own he'd never leave the house again :lol: Made me laugh - until I realised that I'd be the same :(:):o

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"