Which Ballet boots to get

slaveforheels

Hi all, I know this must have been asked a thousand times, im thinking of getting some ballet boots for myself, I just wondered which ones people recommend, either thigh, knee or ankle? also as these will be my first ever should I get lace up or ones with zip's thanks in advance

The lace up boots are rather time consuming to put on each time, but they are great for getting that perfect tight fit that you need for ballet boots. I think my ballets are badly designed, because they have lacing hooks rather than holes, and they have a zipper too. The problem with this arrangement is the laces almost always come undone from the hooks when you unzip them to put on them on and you have to relace completely from scratch when I was hoping to just zip them up in a snap (since they have a zipper). So keep those points in mind if you get lace ups: Avoid the lacing hooks + zipper scenario, unless you dont mind wasting 5+ minutes to put them on every time.. The ankle boots are the cheapest, but if money is not the major concern, I really like the knee high heels myself for more ankle support, and I think they are the hottest looking. I know many here prefer the thigh highs, not my bag, but its all your preference really that matters.

Definitely the lace-up, preferably to the knee. Like most, mine have speed-lace hooks and zippers, that was annoying because as said above, they'd come unlaced every time I took them off. I used pliers to squeeze the hooks mostly shut so the laces can still be adjusted, but don't fall off -- squeeze with something between the pliers and hook to keep from scraping the finish off the hooks.

I had the same problem but I didn't want to spend mega.$ so I bought the 1025 devious ankle boots in leather. I ware these as much as I can and have found the ankle support a benifit. I would suggest these or the knee high boots. Be careful to get them in the right size because you will want them a bit tight for the support to your ankles. After wearing my boots for an hr or 2 ,2 to 3 times a week for almost a year now I have been able to walk in my boots only lacing the eylets ahead of the speed laces. This makes the boots sort of a ballet mule or much like wearing ballet mary janes without the ankle strap fastened. The rest of the boot kind of flops around but I was wondering if I could walk in a lower ballet boot/shoe without buying a pair first. I find I can manage quite well so I'm considering buying a lower style ballet boot/shoe next. I have found bboots to be a challange but very gratfying and a great work out without pounding my legs/feet into the pavement. They take some time to work out toe padding (I use the pink Leo's gel pad #4s from any ballet dance store or supply site) and in some cases heel length ect. but I think you like them so much that you will be disipointed when you have to take them off and wear normal footware. Best to you and your new bboots. Dr Who 3

I have ankle, knee and thi boots. I like the ankle best for just wearing around. Def get them on the tighter side. Mine are all from Hot Peppers, who is not making them anymore. I've tried the Devious boots, and for one they don't make them small enough for me, but their quality is def not up to LSB or Hot Peppers, and I think its retarded how they have zippers AND laces for the reasons others have said. Jen

Yes, I do walk in these

I have Devious thigh-his and with them tightly laced they stay laced when I use the zips. The idea of using pliers on the speed hooks is a good idea too. My hooks were bent from walking on my knees because I haven't been able to walk in them so far. Then agian they are a size bigger than I take, I was afraid that they would be small from my expierance with Pleaser boots.

77r90dL lf