corns

tammy

Question

Hello all. I am new here. I am also having lots of problems with corns. I confess, when I was younger, I used to wear tight shoes because I didn't want my feet to look too big. The end result is I now have 4 corns, 2 soft corns and 2 regular corns. They absolutly kill me everyday. Does anyone else here have this problem or know any remedies. Please help.:smile: TAM

11 answers to this question

Tammy corns can be very painfull i also have corns on almost all my toes but mine are caused from having bunions and this in turn makes all my shoes very tight, what helps me is the use of corn pad rings they take some pressure off the tip of the corns. apart from that if you wear heels often try to keep the corns as small as poss by rubing them down or even having them removed by a foot doc,hope that helps Sharon.

shaz

Thanks Sharon, I was beginning to think that I was the only one here with corns. I will try the rings. But I might end up going to the Dr. These little things hurt so bad. Thanks again, TAM:wave:

Ha, Ha,:smile: What can I say. I am a high heel addict that did everything wrong that I could do wrong for my first 10 years in in high heels. Now I guess I'm just paying the price for my mistakes, and a high price it is. TAM

Hi Tammy, Sorry to say that I have no sure-cure solution for your problem with corns. Your statement that you've done everything wrong during your first ten years in heels piqued my interest. I'm sure that there are others here who would enjoy the benefit of knowing just what these "mistakes" were, a more detailed description of the resulting problems, how these problems have affected your shoe-wearing habits, and any other affects from them. Also would be interested in hearing about the solutions you've come up with in dealing with the problems and the success levels of same. I hope that you'll be able to look forward to many more years in high heels with no undue suffering. Regards, raincat

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

I also have painful corns on the small toes, 4th and now on the second. I know from where there are, i wear a lot high heels, 4-4.5", pointy toes, many times smaller than my size because i could't find my number and i was in love with them. I remember few years ago, i went shopping wearing a beautiful new pair of red stilletto one and a half size smaller which killed my feet. I had terrible blisters at heel and my toes were all red with my corns in agony. But i managed the situation and nobody knew about my pain. My love to these stilletto was so big that next day i wore them again at the office. My husband said that i love my shoes more than my feet but he understand me and he make me many compliments about how nice and sexy shoes i wear. Now i still wore high heels but my corns are bigger and more painful but i will not give up with my shoes. I don't want to hear anything about doctors, so the only solution is to wear them and not thinking how painful there are. How you manage the pain of corns or blisters? Please don't say that i have to change the shoes! Luiza

you don't have many choices, Luiza. :chuckle: Wear ill fitting shoes and suffer the pain or take a break for a while to let your feet heal. While you seem to adamant about not going to a foot doctor and letting him treat your feet, perhaps listening to his advice might help you find some relief to your pain. Take a few minutes and search back through the hhplace archives (Tom (NL) can help point you to the places, if you ask) and read postings of some of our other members that suffer the same problems that you have, and read how they managed their situations.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Luiza hope your feet are ok and still wearing your nice footwear,as for corns i think all us heel wearing females get them, im like you see a pair of nice stilettos or shoes that i cant resist and just buy them even tho there maybe a size or 2 too small ,yes just hoping they will strech a bit, your not alone im guilty also, i have bunions aswell and my female foot Dr who removed my corns some time ago even said she loved my shoes lol,chat soon.

shaz

Hi Sharon. I,m glad to see that i'm not the only one with such problems. Unfortunately, i'm a slave of high heels and i learned how to deal with my daily pain. Most of time i wear high heels with pointy toes, usually i can walk a lot with them despite my corns but now i really have a problem. My husband gave me as a present one pair of black Report Lustra shoes. There are the most beautiful shoes from my collection but, in the same time the most painful pair. My usually size is 7 but many of my shoes are 6 even 5 1/2, so my husband, to make me a surprise, checked one pair and unfortunately it was a small 5 1/2 pair. That why he bought me these shoes in a 5 1/2 size. I couldn't resist and i wear them todat at the office. It was difficult to get in but finally i did it, there are gorgeous, very feminine and till now i recieved a lot of compliments. Now my problem starts, leather is not so soft, and my toes are crammed into the narrow toe box right on the corns area which give me a hard pain. Looking at the shoes, i can see the bumps of my corns, but they are so beautiful...so i said to myself "no pain, no gain". The bad news is that i don't use to have spare shoes and after the office i have to go in the city to meet some friends, so, i have to walk a lot. Did you faced with similar situation and what you are doing in such cases? My plan is tommorow to wear them again at the office to strech them, even if they kill me. Otherwise they will keep them in my closet and i will not wear them. I love them too much to close them.

• Like 1