Tattoos and Piercings

Trinity

• 1 month later...

Tongue, nipples, naval.  Tongue is definite favorite, had it done about ten years ago.  Even though I usually don't wear anything, it has not closed and I can use it whenever I want.  No tattoos though.

• Like 1

I'm a little surprised at the negativity towards tattooing/piercing here. This is after all a community of people who push the boundaries of "normal".

I have nipple piercings and a PA, but tattooing means much more to me.  I started at the age of 21 with a tiny piece, hidden well away. Since then I've acquired full sleeves, large leg pieces and am currently getting my backpiece done.

I'm extremely comfortable going about my daily life with my tattoos on view. I was incredibly shy as a child, and oddly enough, being heavily tattooed has helped me out of my shell, I guess.  I'm much more confident now.  The "high" I get from adding to my tattoos was certainly matched on the first time I found the courage to walk into our local alternative store and ask to try on a pair of heeled sandals! But curiously, I don't yet feel anywhere near ready to go out in my heels.

I'm not enormously concerned what I'll look like "when I'm older". I'm already 50 and can foresee rather more serious issues cropping up during my remaining years!

By the way, I hold a fairly senior position in an international software company.  Nobody has ever suggested that being tattooed makes me in any way less qualified for my job, nor have I ever missed out on promotion because of the tattoos.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ear piercings so far, but have flirted with the idea of getting a geisha tattoo on my arm. I may have finally found the right artist, but money has always been a roadblock. Perhaps someday though......

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm generally a fan of piercings for both men and women, but I've kept my own pretty conservative with only earrings.  I did have two on each side for a while, but pretty much just wear one each at this point.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i say go for it!!

i dont know where the notion that men cant have a navel ring came from

if guys can wear heels......skirts.....get their nails done......why cant they have a navel ring?

Well after a lot of time not working out to get my navel I finally got it done 2 days ago, yeah!  A titanium bar with a green stone, looks awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I once had an eyebrow pierced but it grew out twice :(

I had my left nipple pierced for years but it got infected one time due to injury and I just abandoned it :(

Had a couple of piercings in the top of my right ear. They never healed fully. Constantly flaring up until the infection got into the cartilage. That hurt, a lot! So they got abandoned too.

In those days (90's) I had a dirty, physical job. My work is cleaner and much less physical now and I'm getting the itch for some new piercings.

My wish list is for both nipples and naval.

I do have one small, discrete tattoo. It was s test run to see how I'd take to the process. Unfortunately my tattoo wish list will remain a fantasy for the foreseeable.

I have strong opposition from my better half. I'd be able to get a few small tattoos that are covered by normal clothing but the last time we discussed it I pointed out that I'm interested in something that couldn't or wouldn't be fully covered. I often have a military style haircut, shaved bald on the back and sides and I'd love a large tattoo on my chest which comes over the shoulder and up the side of my neck, behind my ear and onto the back and side of my head. Maybe even onto my temple.

There are some beautiful examples on Google of large rose designs that fit the side of the head perfectly. Leaves and other detail can be placed to perfectly follow the hairline or have a have a few cheeky bits straying just beyond or well beyond...

I'm 50 now and running out of time to do the things I want!!

I always ask myself would this make me more appealing to the ladies, I believe the answer is no so why bother, just my thoughts.

life is not a rehearsal

• 2 years later...

I am considering a small tattoo on my feet. Because I always wear pumps i'd like something on the front of my foot, or something in my instep of my foot that is just visible when wearing high heels. I'm just trying to find the right sort of image.

Hi NZF,

i have my recently acquired piece on the lower inside of my calf - the location I chose was simply because I wanted mine readily visible to me, and I didn't want it in the same stereotypical locations where many guys have them. I didn't consider visibility when heeling, but that's an after-the-fact bonus. Mine is more than just body art, it has deep personal meaning for me. In case you are curious - the "pain" was far less than I expected. Of course, I understand that tops of the feet are a bit more sensitive. Choose carefully - you will be looking at, and hopefully enjoying, your piece for a very long time! Best wishes, please keep us posted...

Logjam

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I forgot to mention earlier. My second piece is now a work in progress. I have a tribute to the mountains of the western US, which I have come to love dearly, underway on my upper left arm and slightly up onto my shoulder. It is based loosely on a sunset over the Grand Tetons in Wyoming. We were scheduled to finish it up on the day the shutdowns took effect locally. The shop has now reopened, I’m waiting to hear back from my artist on rescheduling to finish the piece.

i come from a pretty traditional upbringing. I guess I’m just the black sheep of the family, I have no idea from where my interest in tattoo art arose, but it did. This second piece I acquired not long after my 73rd Birthday. I have no specific plans but I’m contemplating one more.

Logjam

Edited by Logjam