Shoes that you got out bid on.

LovesHiHeels

Had something similar happen to me. I don't usually buy shoes, but these looked like they were streetwear as they have a completely covered toe area. :thumbsup:

Maybe next time .... :smile:

GODDAMN! those are beautiful!

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

• 1 year later...

Winning an auction on Ebay is not so much on how much money you bid, but more on the tactics you use. I recomend a few things: - Read auction good....VERY good. - Use an auction sniper program. - Think REALY good about how much you wanna pay max for the item (hardest part). - NEVER bid days or hours before auction end. Offcourse when there are a bunch of people bidding, money is the only tactic one can use. Prolly touched before, but hey, gotta keep the postcounting going.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

I love the Black 'Nine West' slingbacks - and those Black 'Faith' sandals are gorgeous too. I guess it depends on what you're bidding on and how much you're prepared to pay. I have bought a lot from EBay - however I tend to use it to find Vintage heels a lot - so I make sure my top bid is very high if I'm not going to be around for the end of the Auction.

Finding a decent 'sniping' programme as 'Freeware' is a fairly 'hit and miss' affair, as many of them have bugs in them that affect your PC/Laptop.

At the end of the day - I try to ensure that I'm actually sitting in front of the screen as the Auction comes up to end - even if it's the middle of the night if necessary!:blinkbigeyes:

As for missed opportunities....I was out-bid on these stunning and rare Pink Thighboots by 'The Little Shoe Box' recently. They were offered on EBay US, with free shipping to the UK too.

post-1866-133522904726_thumb.jpg

They only sold for £114.00.

My top bid? £100.00!! Ouch!!:pulsingheart:

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

esnipe.com is the only way I've bid on anything for the past several years unless it's a "Buy it Now" at a good price. I think it cost $.01 on the dollar for each auction, but it will certainly pay for itself over and over again. So it's not freeware, but it works perfectly; and if you can't afford that, then you probably don't need to be bidding on anything anyway. Good luck..... go win the next auction!

esnipe.com is the only way I've bid on anything for the past several years unless it's a "Buy it Now" at a good price. I think it cost $.01 on the dollar for each auction, but it will certainly pay for itself over and over again. So it's not freeware, but it works perfectly; and if you can't afford that, then you probably don't need to be bidding on anything anyway. Good luck..... go win the next auction!

Forgive my ignorance, devab, but can you (or anyone else) tell me whether a sniping prog can do anything that a bidder cannot do in person 'live' at the last minute? Presumably, you still have to set a max bid and all the prog does is to attempt to place it at the last minute? (I'm not challenging the technique of anyone here, only asking how a sniping prog works.)

Forgive my ignorance, devab, but can you (or anyone else) tell me whether a sniping prog can do anything that a bidder cannot do in person 'live' at the last minute? Presumably, you still have to set a max bid and all the prog does is to attempt to place it at the last minute? (I'm not challenging the technique of anyone here, only asking how a sniping prog works.)

It does. However,

You might have different biddings going on, and you might not be able to be there at the right time.

Also, the sniper does not have to wait for pages to load, so you could set it to 3 secs, or even 1 sec for auction end. I have lost a lot of auctions because of a slow loading page, or a 'are you sure' -page.

I use myibay which is free, and runs on your local PC.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.