GIRLS: Do you buy heels for HEIGHT or STYLE?

roz

What is the main thing you look for when buying heels?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What is the main thing you look for when buying heels?

Please only vote if you're a girl - what do you look for in heels? Do you go for height or style? Or both? Looking at the other thread it looks like girls like their shoes *high*, but is the most important thing to you?

Hi Roz. I voted for alittle of both. I sure love very high heels, but if the shoe itself is ugly, i wouldn't buy them just because of the high heels. I have several shoes that are very stylish but not high. Best if they are both high and stylish. Love your shoes BTW. // Pernilla

Trying to learn walking in superhigh stilettoheels

Thanks, love your shoes too :smile: I voted for style. Most of my shoes are really high, but I have nearly 30 pairs that are 'just' 4" tall, so height obviously wasn't a factor with those. That said though, I nearly voted for a bit of both, as in a way, height and style go hand-in-hand. I recently got a pair from New Look and they just didn't 'click' with me, and I think it was the style because they had a platform but the heel wasn't particularly high (probably 5" heel and a 1.5" plat) so I got rid of them pretty quickly. I liked the style in a way, but not the lack of height which made my feet look too big.

Please only vote if you're a girl

READ THIS.

Any guys voting in this will suffer a two week ban from the hhplace and your vote will not count. So don't bother complaining when you get banned.

thank you.

The angels have the phonebox.

I voted style.

Because..

For me, It's the style and appearance of the shoe and then feeling how it is to have them on, what matters most for me.

How they feel to wear, Are they comfortable or not? What things I like about them and what I don't.

Ofcourse the height of heel is also big comfort matter.

I would like to think that most of my purchases are somewhat well-thought decisions rather than just spontaneous purchases. But maybe that isn't always so. :smile:

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mods, can you somehow remove the votes by hjt101, highheeltrained, and bobthedoguk as they're all guys who have voted in the GIRLS ONLY poll :smile: ***** Nigel here, have not been able to remove them but I have made their vote not count. hope that helps *****

• 3 months later...

I and those who buy for me always buy for hieght and style, though I am not big on platforms, i must admit that some of the Louboutin and Gucci and YSL platforms are different, but the typical stripper heels not thanks I personally think that a 5.5 inch spike stiletto heel with no platform is the most sexy style similar to the Louboutin Pigalle or Clichy,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I buy for both. But due to working conditions and locations can't wear heels :winkiss: Not a working or dress code policy but a terrian conflict. Most of my heels just to have a heel and still beable to walk around unhindered are wedges. The area I live unless going to be staying indoors or know pavement will be there most of the time I can't wear stilettos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I and those who buy for me always buy for hieght and style, though I am not big on platforms, i must admit that some of the Louboutin and Gucci and YSL platforms are different, but the typical stripper heels not thanks

How would you define a stripper heel?

Hmm, now you've got me wondering if I am wearing stripper heels to work :wave:

• 1 month later...

Both actually but the first thing that I look at is the height of the heel. If they're not high enough then they're just not going to be interesting no matter how good the rest of the shoe looks.

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

• 3 weeks later...

I want both comfort and good looks when I make a purchase. If it is lacking one or the other, I generally do not open my wallet. Granted, some products do tempt me to purchase even though they look great and are not comfortable but I KNOW that I will suffer for that later on......

• 7 months later...

They make me feel sexy, elegant and close my outfit up perfectly. And , personally, i love them because i consider most of them works of art (much more when i wear them )

Elegance is my second name