GIRLS: Do you buy heels for HEIGHT or STYLE?

roz

What is the main thing you look for when buying heels?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What is the main thing you look for when buying heels?

Just to add to the height VS style debate, I know that stilettos look awesome but I also know that I am less stable in a stiletto versus a block or wedge heel thus I have a mix of both. When I want glam, I opt for stiletto, when I opt for practicality, I buy wedge or block heels.

I seem to have no rhyme or reason with which I purchase shoes. It's more of a "OH GIMMIE" feeling I get when I see them.

I totally agree with you. The "OOoh, I like!" factor is huge.

There have been times when I was at the mall and my intention was to get some mascara or eye shadow. I walk by the shoe store, see something that really catches my eye, try it on and the next thing I know, I am giving money to the cashier.

Good to see that I am not the only girl who has fallen into that trap :)

I seem to have no rhyme or reason with which I purchase shoes. It's more of a "OH GIMMIE" feeling I get when I see them. However, I tend to look for style before height, it it's my style + height? Awesome.

I call those "must shoes"

I totally agree with you. The "OOoh, I like!" factor is huge.

There have been times when I was at the mall and my intention was to get some mascara or eye shadow. I walk by the shoe store, see something that really catches my eye, try it on and the next thing I know, I am giving money to the cashier.

Good to see that I am not the only girl who has fallen into that trap :)

we caught in a trap..and so DELICIOUS!!! :)

Elegance is my second name

Hi all, it was height for me whenn I ams young. I was very small, only 1,50 meter. Today I am high myself. I dont need Heels but I have cramps wearing pumps with heels under 10 cm. 12 cm is best for me. So today it is style and not height. I like pointed pumps with heels. My pointed toes go perfekt in them.

• 4 weeks later...

I love the look of higher heels! It almost seems as if the higher the heel, the more confident I feel in a business meeting or at a social gathering. However, the problem for me is that the higher the heel, the more padding I will need to be somewhat comfortable! There are only so many layers of pantyhose I can wear, especially in the summer! Thus I tend to be able to wear higher heels in the winter and lower ones in the summer. LOL

I too have to admit that there are times when I tried on a pair of heels at the store and thought to myself "hmm, this pair doesn't make me tall enough. I want higher heels!"

• 8 months later...

Height v Style. Its such a shame that you can't do both. Like you can buy shoes in different sizes but they don't seem to sell the one you want in all the heel heights. That only seems to work wth black patent courts. Overall I tend to go for the tall spikey heel first then chose the style