Winter - what do you wear at work?

Laurieheels

I thought a new topic for the girls would be appropriate, as this section can be a bit quiet. So ladies, share with everyone, what do you prefer in footwear styles for the winter? And what type of outfits to do you prefer to wear these shoes with? We can branch this from work information into parties, weekend wear, and whatever you might like, but the idea is to get a picture of what we wear at work. Yes, winter means boots, but do you change once you get to work? I will post my reply a bit later, I just thought it would be nice to present a new idea for discussion. So, let's hear it, what do you wear at work for winter, and do you switch from boots to regular shoes once you reach the office, or do you wear boots all day long?

I should have my boots back tomorrow, which I will enjoy for the rest of the winter. I like wearing ankle boots with heels in the winter. They go well with long skirts, I find, and a heavier stocking for the legs. But I notice that I wear pants a good deal more in the winter, so five inch heeled pumps are a must this winter, as I need to offset the current fashion trend for flared leg bottoms and longer pant legs. I have seen some women wearing closed toed mules around the office building, but always with lower heels. Still, when it is winter and messy, you would think that women would wear something that might help keep their feet a bit warmer. And of course, the shoes or boots have to compliment the outfit. One of my favourite cold weather matches is a long black skirt I have, with a flower die pattern along the bottom hem. It is ankle length, which makes it look elegant, and it goes almost too well with my ankle boots. A nice blouse and a comy black sweater make for a presentable and warm outfit for work, and can still be worn outside with the proper heavy jacket.

• 9 months later...

I'll wear one of my pairs of boots (yes, they too have stiletto heels) to work and change into shoes after I get there. Incliment weather is a non-issue because I leave from a heated garage and park in the basement of the office building where I work & the courthouse is only a tram ride away and the tram picks me up 40' from the buildings main entrance. I wear the boots because my LEGS get cold! The older I get the more my "extremities" get cold! (sigh) it's hell getting old! :(

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

We lesser privlidged people park outside, at home and at work. So boots are practical as well as fashionable. But there must be care when trying to go over ice in stiletto heels. Not every model is well suited to it. If it were not for good balance, I'd have fallen many times. But then, I did fall on ice while wearing my Reeboks once, so not even that can save you every time...