Turning a pair of wedges into 6inch heel heels!

Hello all!!!!

Hope all is well. I recently bought a plain looking wedges thinking I would turn them into a pair of boots however I sorta went the other direction and turned them into a pair of beastie little 6 inch high heelers. Not the best looking but for handcrafted - - suppose it's ok. At least I'm stilling learning and perfecting them so hopefully the next pair should be a lot better finished.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

http://metalhighheelstemptations.blogspot.com/

Righthey ho - thats all for now - new metal shoes should be done by the end of month so I'm going to get back on it.

PS: These new shoes will be on ebay shortly by the end of this weekend for slae - so please do check them out.

Thanks and Kindest Regards

H20_designs

Some of the design modifications I have seen here on HHP have been really interesting, However the majority of amateur "designers" have little concept of the amount of stress a shoe is under when it is carrying the entire weight of a person! sure the rather tasteful screw heads, may cause blisters or even blood, but given this sort of footwears not for every days use you might "just" get away with this! the BIGGEST worry to me for these is those "Nice" heel blocks you've crafted! those lovely load bearing screws will prove fruitless, as the heel block is raked two far under the foots heel seat & is so thin at the bottom, that its only a matter of time before the heel block WILL snap, along the wood grain, right where that lower screw is. the design & materials you have used make these shoes DANGEROUS! Given that you are now considering selling said shoes on fleebay, I would question whether your liability insurance is in place! :smile: Its great to see members changing the look of shoes, but please leave changing the design (heel blocks, wedges etc) to the experts, or your going to end up with a nice cast as a shoe!:thumbsup: Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

Thanks all for you reply and advice. Most greatly appreciated. Certainly agree with member 'shoerepairer' about stresses placed on the heel and dangerous aspects.

The shoe on sale @ ebay as an Art Sculpture piece only and are intended just for display purposes only. On the auction, there is many clearly red notes telling buyers that the the item is not suitable for wearing and is for display purpose only.

But certainly I will bear that in mind about future designs.

As for member t-strap lover

I certainly like your idea however I don't exactly have a mig/tig welder so I am not able to make shoes completely out of metal, but wires and old boards - it's possible but again, if a piece were to be made then it would still be sold like the few other pairs I already sold on ebay as 'Art Sculpture - display purposes only.

Anyway once again, thanks for all the replies, comments and advice especially from shoerepairer

PS: to member shoerepairer - any idea of where I could buy heels and lasts from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First off all, thanks for the thanks! I hate being detrimental to anyones work, but felt in the interests of safety I had to says something.

A lot of people would have taken offence!

PS: to member shoerepairer - any idea of where I could buy heels and lasts from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

this is a little difficult for me to answer for two reasons! the first is the type of heel blocks you are searching for aren't the main stream, which is basically the area I deal in.... I would think a search on the internet "might" pull up a retail supplier of such items??????

I could forward you details of some wholesalers, but unless your "true" trade I wouldn't have thought they would supply as they require references for accounts.

the second, is lasts in the true sense of the word fall into two categories those for manufacture, which I would think what you are looking for, these hold the shape & cut of the upper as the shoe is build & those the likes of which I use which hold the shape of the sole only, which is needed for the repair stage. since I don't make shoes from scratch I haven't a supplier of pre-formed manufacturing lasts. "new" repair lasts are a colossal price & I would think ebay should be the most economical choice. However I can give you the details of a manufacture of "new" ones if you need it.

Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

First off all, thanks for the thanks! I hate being detrimental to anyones work, but felt in the interests of safety I had to says something.

A lot of people would have taken offence!

this is a little difficult for me to answer for two reasons! the first is the type of heel blocks you are searching for aren't the main stream, which is basically the area I deal in.... I would think a search on the internet "might" pull up a retail supplier of such items??????

I could forward you details of some wholesalers, but unless your "true" trade I wouldn't have thought they would supply as they require references for accounts.

the second, is lasts in the true sense of the word fall into two categories those for manufacture, which I would think what you are looking for, these hold the shape & cut of the upper as the shoe is build & those the likes of which I use which hold the shape of the sole only, which is needed for the repair stage. since I don't make shoes from scratch I haven't a supplier of pre-formed manufacturing lasts. "new" repair lasts are a colossal price & I would think ebay should be the most economical choice. However I can give you the details of a manufacture of "new" ones if you need it.

Lee

Hi member shoerepairer,

Thanks again for you email. I personally think feedback whether that be positive or negative is excellent and vital as that how people learn, understand, improve and progrress. Plus safety is very important and I know that because I studied as a product/design technologist and engineering.

In regards to the heels - standards heels are great because at least it means I can concentrate my creativeness on the uppers rather than the heels. So if you could kindly PM me with the details - it would be most greatly appreciated.

As for lasts, you certainly know what I'm looking for i.e the ones for manufacturing. I will certainly have a look on ebay.

Once again thanks for your help!

Have a great day

H20_Designs

Hello Water..--..H20 I think always that you get what you pay for. The shoes you showed are brutal to say the least. But if you are designing, you have to have some trials, be it art or for wear. I personally would not buy them, as I would have to wear them, not have them on show. I wish you well in your progress. Muddypaws.