feminine/unisex hair

Mr. X

Now that I have started getting my hair highlighted I was thinking of maybe getting a more feminine/unisex hairstyle that might work on a guy. I'm so bored of the normal mens cuts. Here are some pics of what I found so far. Feel free to comment on them and give me opinions. I will post more when I find them. And feel free to post your own suggestions too. Of the current pics I really like them all, but I especially like number 1

post-3002-13352286569_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522865708_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522865709_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522865712_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522865714_thumb.jpg

The first one is a great style, but i have to say the last one would look like a very trendy cut on a guy. so go for the last one.

I really like that one too! It was in a dead heat with the other one for my fave.

Thanks for your post. I like 1 and 3 the most and am aiming for the same length and style. I have a dark brown base with two other highlights eg caramel and blonde to give a graduated look. It's always handy to know how to use straightners - or have someone who does... keep your eyebrows and ear hair down too.

All the styles look good, apart from the Reese Wetherspoon at the end which in my opinion is a little too feminine. Personally I would go with this one:

Posted Images140.jpg

But it all depends on how feminine your face and jawline is, but I guess if you go to a high street salon, then the hairdresser will know best.

I have hair about the same length and quite choppy, but from my experience and even though it's not particularly unmanageable, it's almost impossible to keep it trendy looking unless I'm prepared to spend at least an hour a day straightening and styling it, so there's that side of it too, in which case this shorter style might be the best option-

Posted Imagethumb.php2.jpg

I guess it depends on how well trained your hair is at staying straight!

Now that I have started getting my hair highlighted I was thinking of maybe getting a more feminine/unisex hairstyle that might work on a guy. I'm so bored of the normal mens cuts. Here are some pics of what I found so far. Feel free to comment on them and give me opinions. I will post more when I find them. And feel free to post your own suggestions too.

Of the current pics I really like them all, but I especially like number 1

Only if I still had hair.:smile: Any way I think 4 and 5 would look pretty cool.

real men wear heels

• 1 month later...

Well I had my appointment today and things went well. Although I am happy with the cut and highlights I am kinda disappointed that it didn't turn out exactly like the picture. I showed my stylist a picture from here. It is the last picture in my first post here. Here is my picture you can compare to it and give me an honest opinion. Don't sugarcoat it either.

post-3002-133522871562_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Talk to your stylist and listen, not all styles suit all hair thicknesses and densities. It always helps to take pics in to show what you have in mind; talk to an experienced stylist who can do all styles, now a newbie who will talk you into a style he/she is confident with.

With heels, you can choose the height and style according to the situation and your job; with hair, you can't, so suit your character.

For me, it's purple over v dark brown.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have always had long hair, I love it, back in the seventies it was down level with my waist, but nowadays it is shoulder length, problem is my hair is naturally curly, and it does what it wants, I am a wash and go man, the other day a young boy maybe three - four years old old asked are you a boy or girl, I think my voice said it all, good on him. When I start to go bald then I will have my hair cut, but in the meantime for me long hair rules, (its my girly side side I think.)

life is not a rehearsal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

now dark purple foils over dark brown, top spiky, sides brushed forward. soulmate does a regular watch for regrowth, which is an un-natural silver colour for some reason.... No sarkies please, we've both vowed, even when its zimmer time, we will still have brown based hair and colours, thanx !!

Dawn HH :-)

I got two brothers (Both are older than me)

One is like me (not much left hair on forehead) and the other did not loose a single hair since he his born...

Why is that ? This is not fair !

Wondering if there is a pill to reduce beard growth so hair can grow back... I think I am dreaming ;-)

will still have brown based hair and colours

Mrs Puma has been trying to persuade me to colour my hair to cover the age defining silver/grey new growth, particularly at the sides and front! Lol.

I already have a sort of androgynous long hair style, but the thought of colouring it sort of makes it a little more feminine in my mind. Am I wrong?

I know for a fact, a couple of males at my workplace who have coloured their hair, and they have been derided for it, not by me I must add.

The male/female divide is here again, it's ok for women to colour their hair, and they often complement each other on their 'new' hair colour etc, but there isn't the same appreciation of individual style amongst males, why is this?

In a way, it's almost the same as our stance on footwear choice.

As I write this, I think I may have just persuaded myself to let Mrs Puma colour my hair! Lol.

DanielP6406:-) I KNOW that you are dreaming. Wake up, fellow. There just "ain't" no such thing available. Puma:-) There are more men that color their hair than you know. So just do it. I don't color mine. I used to be a red head, but a couple of years ago it all just turned pure white. Mickey says that it just makes me more distinguished. Yeah! A distinguished white haired man that wears heels in public. TEE! HEE! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 5 months later...