What about painted fingernails, anyone else doing it?

maninkirt

What a nice forum this is! Must visit it more often. Any one else out there having theirs fingernails painted? I do! I alway have my fingernails painted. The same with my toenails. My favourite colour is bright red or pink, matching the colour of my nails to my make up and my outfit. Since I have let my fingernails grow, getting them longer and well shaped I use nailpolish to make them look better but also to protect them from getting broken.

Hi, yes I do this now and again as I feel the mood. I usually go for a deep red or hot pink and finish my nails with some sparkly decorations under the clear top coat. I match my finger nails to my toe nails in case I end up wearing peep toed heels. The response from women is always positive. Heel-Lover.

Although my nils grow long and straight, I've never worn nail-polish outside of a Club. However, I'm getting more and more tempted to do an old fashioned 'french-polish'. I undertsand this to be a pink basecoat, with white tips. If there's one thing that makes me feel 'girly', it's painted nails. :smile:

I paint my fingernails when ever my one daughter goes to her grandmother's for a couple of days. Usually the same color as my toes. My youngest daughter is still young enough that I can get away with it at home but not for much longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, always - usually french but with ivory tips rather than white which is a little more subtle. And, as posted elsewhere in other threads, toes in the summertime which can be whatever colour takes my fancy :smile: .

• 3 weeks later...

acrylic nails with french or american manicure. toenails ALWAYS painted a dark or metalic color. what the hell else can you do with your nails? they don't really serve any other purpose, except to be decorated :smile:

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Back in the late 70s "male make up" had appeared in the press,- err went quiet after about a short (very) time until "punk" styles arrived much later. Use to load up my fingernails with either a black or a gunmetal colour, I got some fun conversations, even from an aunt and uncle in mid Kent when visiting their local in MC race leathers, > "just london fashons" worked well. A work colleage aften had brite nails from working evenings behind a bar in drag, Paid well and many good tales of interesting conquests and "inadvertant" chatups.