High Heeled Training Diary #49

Laurieheels

There's a picture at the bottom. An old picture, but worth posting again for the black patent 5 1/4 inch stilettos.

A comment was made to me during the week, that the two words most brought up in my diary are Chris and velvet. Well, I cannot help but bring up Chris, sure, but maybe the velvet word can have a bit of a break.

It was back to work, 2003, and I do admit, I was not pleased to be there. It meant not being as close to Chris as I would prefer, naturally. Work is fine, though I did feel out of practice. That statement only applies to the job itself, of course, and not the shoes.

If anything, I have had some great success with shoes in the past week.

Monday, I wore my black patent five and a quarter inch stilettos, with a short black skirt, no stockings. It was very warm out, above 15c, so it was time to look good and show it.

Tuesday, I decided it was time to just go higher for work as much as I could, and the black leather five and a half inch stilettos were what I wore. I put in a good ten hours in those shoes. The only drawback - it was a very early day, which meant I was driving to work. With it still being dark outside when I go there, I did switch into flat shoes to traverse the treachery of the never melting parking lot. A warm day followed by a cool night meant it was very much the ice rink.

At the end of the day, I decided there was enough light, and I walked to my car in my stilettos. I did very well, even over the ice. I can't say that the metal tips helped any, but I managed with some slow and sturdy steps.

Wednesday was a walking to work day, but the five and a half inch stilettos came with me. They snuck into by backpack, somehow. :lol: So add nine more hours at work in them. I tried to listen to the distinctive clicking of the metal tipped heels as I moved about the building. It certainly is different. Of course, similar sounds come from very different shoes, and I have no idea why. But I know I am getting some attention with my metallic clicking.

Thursday seemed like another good day to wear the five and a half inch heels, so again, they went to work with me, and another nine hours of heel wearing with a lot of walking ensued.

This is when I noticed a problem. All of this wearing and having the shoes feel so wonderful on my feet has resulted in the shoes now being a bit too big for me! With a five and a half inch heel, this is not a good thing.

The heels of my feet are slipping out of the shoes as I walk, and on carpet, this is bad, as the heels are actually starting to point under the shoes. The back of the shoe isn't kept in place by my foot, so it can angle the heel the wrong way as the shoe flexes along the sole.

The obvious solution is to get some heel slip guards, but I have looked in stores, and no one has any in stock right now. I may need to dig around and see what I have that I can use to make my own. I promise not to cut myself.

I am glad that the shoes have been worked in to the point where they are extremely comfortable to wear, of course.

I haven't worn heels since Thursday, but not because of any problems. It is COLD again, and the weather is only suited for my as yet to be repaired stiletto boots.

However, I think the main thing to note about the week is the relative ease in which I was able to walk around in what are now approaching extreme heels. Three days at work in five and a half inch heels, without any pain or being tired, this has to be a wonderful sign.

Could six inch heels present much of a problem? I don't think they would, if they fit well enough. I had a week of very little heel activity, and I jumped back into the full throttle force of work without so much as a flinch or a wince from my feet.

Would I ever want to be a high heeled woman, always forced to wear a pair of five inch or higher stilettos? No. I think it is far more impressive that I can go from being a bare foot girl to a high heeled goddess in ten seconds. All I need is to slip into my leather five and a half inch stilettos, and I own the world. I click along at a good pace, everyone can see what I can do, and I feel empowered.

So consider five and a half inch stilettos a new standard for work. If we consider that I was only starting to get into four inch heels for daily wear and branching out into five when I started this diary, I think we can see positive results. They've been a bit slow, but well worth it.

Hey, a girl who can karate kick in five and a half inch stiletto heels has to have been doing something right...

Posted Image

Would I ever want to be a high heeled woman, always forced to wear a pair of five inch or higher stilettos? No. I think it is far more impressive that I can go from being a bare foot girl to a high heeled goddess in ten seconds.

Laurieheels Hi,

I couldn't agree with you more. Variety is the spice of life :lol:

I like being barefoot/wearing heels of all heights depending on how I feel at the time and what I'm wearing. I change from one day to the next. I would love to wear 5" though, but at present my max is 4" - 4.5". Will be taking a leaf out of your book and will practice more as I have seen some awesome 5"+ shoes in Office that I really like the look of.

Love always

Julietta xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Why, thanks, and I will do my best! I was going to wear something different today, but that means going lower. But with this encouragement, I suppose I'll have to think of some way to fix the shoes today! Hrm... ... 5.5 inch heels all of the time at work. I definately need to start saving up for new shoes.

A comment was made to me during the week, that the two words most brought up in my diary are Chris and velvet.

So, all we need to do is to cover Chris in velvet, and... :(

Actually, I'd quite like to try 5" as well, but not at the stupefyingly steep prices that I've seen them for so far :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Julietta, thank you. I am glad you like my writings. That is why I write, so other people can enjoy. Do let everyone know how it goes when you give five inch heels a try! We're all going to be eager to hear about it. YamYam, um, no. I am not covering him in velvet. Chris will remain unmaligned in such a fashion. :lol: Any other comments are censored on my part.

YamYam, um, no. I am not covering him in velvet. Chris will remain unmaligned in such a fashion. :lol: Any other comments are censored on my part.

Oh well. It'd have made for an interesting diary entry, anyway. Oh, and also like Julietta, and many others, I enjoy your writings too. Another standard for me to aspire too :(

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"