New boots new shop

Guest Jezzaboots

Guest Jezzaboots

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you the heads up on a new pair of boots I've bought.

I found a new online store last night FindThatShoe.com and the boot collection is incredible. If you are into your trends they appear to stock a lot of up to date styles mostly to UK size 10 and occasionally to UK size 11 - and all at reasonable prices.

I have just ordered these in a size 9 hoping they will give a little but they say they are re-stocking and believe me I can't wait :o

Will try and post some pics when I get them. Happy shopping.

Jez

Hi guys,

I found a new online store last night FindThatShoe.com and the boot collection is incredible. If you are into your trends they appear to stock a lot of up to date styles mostly to UK size 10 and occasionally to UK size 11 - and all at reasonable prices.

I have just ordered these in a size 9 hoping they will give a little but they say they are re-stocking and believe me I can't wait :o

Jez

Yeah I must say I was aware of this website about a year ago but i've only registered here recently, they had some really nice pumps in UK10 but I didn't order quick enough and they were gone :-? I was holding back because I wanted to find out how they packed the shoes. Could you let us know when you receive them if they are packaged discretely? I know this isn't an issue for some people but it's crucial for me at this stage...

Cheers!

Guest Jezzaboots

Yeah I must say I was aware of this website about a year ago but i've only registered here recently, they had some really nice pumps in UK10 but I didn't order quick enough and they were gone :-? I was holding back because I wanted to find out how they packed the shoes. Could you let us know when you receive them if they are packaged discretely? I know this isn't an issue for some people but it's crucial for me at this stage...

Cheers!

Absolutely.

I requested in a comments box to have them packed discretely so fingers crossed they don't let me down - though I have been there before!

It was a case of just taking the plunge, I liked the boots too much to have waited for a perfect time as I know I'm just not going to get one.

Will keep you posted :o

That is a nice site. I like their block heeled boots called "Cilla."

I recently came across the Jones Bootmaker website and found a similar pair of boots called Saxon that I like A LOT (and several other similar pairs), but unfortunately it is not available in my size and I'm really, really tempted to request them to offer it in larger sizes or I'll go to another site and request a similar style.

http://www.jonesbootmaker.com/ebusiness1/store/index.jsp

Hi guys,

Jez

The boots you've purchased are hot! The'yd look fantastic with a skirt or skinny jeans etc.

The site is excellent as well. A great find indeed!

There are some perfect public starter heels for men, the best being the boot models "Lara", "Cilla", "Jilly", "Shelly" (my favs)and "Zeta". They are very classy and aren't cheap like most shoes/boots in larger sizes. I wouldn't think twice about wearing any of these models in public.

Guest Jezzaboots

Bit of an update on my purchase - I have cancelled my order! They got in touch to inform me that they expect a new and exciting range of boots to be in store by the end of October in larger sizes and as I was ordering down a size or two, they recommended I returned at a later date to make sure I really value the purchase. Would love to have a new pair of boots in the post for tomorrow but I think it should be worth the wait. I would like it to be known how much this store really desire to look after their larger sized customers. They commission a manufacturer to produce these styles specifically so that people who need to can get hold of fashionable styles in larger sizes. The correspondence I have had with them has been top class and there is no prejudice at all. I will up date you all in November after reviewing their new collection. Jez

Jezzaboots, "many thanks" for contacting a store or manufacturer and giving your comments on trying to find decent footwear that you like, in your size. The only way that we'll get suppliers to change is if we let them know what we are looking for. I'm amazed that it always has to be some sort of "endeavour" to find a nice pair of wearable dress boots that we can wear. My tastes are pretty simple. I'm looking for a pair of tall, soft, dress riding-style boots with or without a zipper, that can be worn by men, and look tasteful. 1.5" block or cowboy heel. Some perfect examples would be like these: Cordani "Jared" boot Corso Como "Sasha" boot Jones Bootmaker "Saxon" boot Geox "Ascot" boot The Findthatshoe "Cilla" boot, if you want a little bit more of a heel. And if they had a pointed toe, even better. I think if a manufacturer made more of these in larger sizes they'd sell quite a few.

Hi Bootsforme, It is hard to find some nice boots for sure especially in a off the rack selection. I have order a short time ago some boots from Gaborit Boots in France. Ordered the Siri and claire models. They have lots of boots to choose from as well. Looking forward to those. Another producer of different style of boots is Fluevog Shoes and Boots in Vancouver BC. I have several differnet ones over the years which have been very good. I have asize 8UK/11 womens, I see some of here styles come in womens 12 which might work for you. I also am trying find a boot contact from the US that carries riding and western boots in alot sizes. I think it was West Coast riding boots... hmm will try to find that for you. Mtns of heels

Thanks for that, yeah, there are a few pairs there that could pass in public.

My fav's there have to be the Shelly boots.

Have any of you ordered from Skyscrapers ( www.sky-scrapers.com) - boots/shoes makers? They're a bit expensive but often seem to have 'specials deals' on. Also, when you complete the order form they ask if your male/female. I presume this is so that they can reinforce the heel and make them a bit wider, not really sure but there you go.

Oh, almost forgot! A guy walk passed me on the way to work this morning wearing boots under his jeans! They had the short square heel like some of the boots on the findthatshoe web site. He was dressed quite manly and I think it looked quite good other than he had his hair tied into two ponytails at the back. Honestly not trying to be bitchy, just an opinion.:smile:

Hi Beigeboots, I have not seen Sky scrapers before, they have a good selection of boots. I have several pairs of low heel boots I wear often, recently I have been wearing a pair of Fitzwell Paivia 4"heel wedges from Zappos.com, rubber heel quiet on a tile floor and no notices them with the jeans. I also have a pair Hilfiger Boots with a 4" seamed heel which a save for good occasions and a nice pair jeans.They are hot items for sure. Lots boot out there and I intend wear boots as much as possible. like the old saying, "so many shoes and boots and so little time" Interesting story about the fellow with the pony tails, time to go heeling! Mtns of heels

Hi mtnsofheels, I've got two pairs of boots from Skyscrapers, the Z8 style, one in patent black and one in patent beige. I ordered the beige one's with 6" heels, I love the look of them but really sorry I ordered the heels so high. I might order them again - when they have a good special on again !- but with a 5" heel. I would really love to have a pair of boots in the Z8 style but with lining cause on the few times I ventured outside in my boots during winter I found the cold goes through the unlined boots. If anybody knows of a shop the sells larger sized boots with lining I would really like to hear about it. I will be keeping an eye on those Shelly boots though, I could get away with wearing them in public.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that, yeah, there are a few pairs there that could pass in public.

My fav's there have to be the Shelly boots.

Have any of you ordered from Skyscrapers ( www.sky-scrapers.com) - boots/shoes makers? They're a bit expensive but often seem to have 'specials deals' on. Also, when you complete the order form they ask if your male/female. I presume this is so that they can reinforce the heel and make them a bit wider, not really sure but there you go.

Oh, almost forgot! A guy walk passed me on the way to work this morning wearing boots under his jeans! They had the short square heel like some of the boots on the findthatshoe web site. He was dressed quite manly and I think it looked quite good other than he had his hair tied into two ponytails at the back. Honestly not trying to be bitchy, just an opinion.:smile:

I love that website. I think another member brought this to our attention another time. They have some beautiful high heels, but a little expensive. But thanks for sharing it with us.

The shoes shown on this website remind me of Little Shoe Box shoes. There are even some style numbers that are identical. Perhaps Trolldeg can tell more closely than I can.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

They appear to be a reseller of Leatherworks shoes.