A Photographic Shoe Diary - December 2002

Thought I'd show you all the shoes I wore in December 2002 to various events. Hope you like them.

Julietta xx

Dec 6th - Dinner Date (Black Satin Cuffs)

Posted Image

Dec 15th - Hospital Ball (Black Satin Sheer Ties)

Posted Image

Dec 17th - Ward Night Out (Clear/Silver Diamante Perspex)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dec 21st - Another Ward's do at a Police Club (Leather Cross Cross back Leather Ties)

Posted Image

Dec 25th - Christmas Day - Look What Santa Brought Me!

Red or Dead Black Leather Cuffs Steel Stilettos

Posted Image

and

Red or Dead Blue Candy Stripes with Steel Stilettos

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dec 26th - Boxing Day - Had to wear them didn't I....

Posted Image

Dec 31st - New Years Eve (Black Leather Pointy Ankle Boots)

Posted Image

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Nice collection! I would definitely *not* cry myself to sleep if Santa brought a set of these in my size to my home... :( ' Especially the: Dead Blue Candy Stripes with Steel Stilettos were a real treat for the eyes! Thanks for showing (off) your shoes! :lol: Regards, TallSwede

Hi Julietta, hope you had a nice Christmas! Those photos are lovely and those shoes are wonderful, especially the two Red Or Dead pairs! They are very sexy! :lol: Love Jay xx

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Fantastic Julietta! Stunning new heels - you must have a special Santa in your life. Can we expect a similar pictorial diary at the end of January? I'm sure we'd like to see what you wear out of party season. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post these. Best wishes Smudgeur

Julietta - how do you take such great pictures? I've never managed to take a decent photo of my own shoes, otherwise I'd have posted some.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Thanks Yamyam but it's thanks to having a digital camera really as you can retake the pics until you get the ones you like, and believe me I have had to erase quite a few rough ones :lol: You should give it a go I'd love to see your collection and I'm sure so would everyone else. I will watch this space...... Julietta xx

Let calm be widespread

Thanks Yamyam but it's thanks to having a digital camera really as you can retake the pics until you get the ones you like, and believe me I have had to erase quite a few rough ones :lol:

You should give it a go I'd love to see your collection and I'm sure so would everyone else.

I will watch this space......

Julietta xx

Oh, I have a digital camera. It's just that the only ones I take are rough ones :( . More practice needed, I think. Some of my shoes are online at some borrowed space: they're at http://www.rhysw.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/o4hsyy/ but I'll do some more photos when I can.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

They're nice pictures Yamyam. See you get a lot of your boots from Brantano I love that shop too so much choice and plenty of room to walk up and down when trying..... :lol: Look forward to seeing your posts. Julietta xxx

Let calm be widespread

Why, thank you, Julietta! Yes, I like Brantano. Plenty of space, plus the 'wrong turn' alibi for us men:) Brantano and Schuh are my favourite places. But I can't afford Schuh often :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

How about filling in some details about the shoe sizes, heel heights, brand names, and where you got them, maybe even the year if you can remember. Lovely collection of shoes, and several there that I would like to try on (Wouldn't get away with wearing most in public though, might be good for a night-club sometime).

Jo Hi,

As requested:

Dinner date: Akle cuffs shoes, bargain £15 from Peacocks textile with 3" heel (confess to buying size 8 as I loved them and they didn't have a 7 lucky for me they are a small 8 :lol: )

Ball: I adore these shoes. Ribbon tied textile shoes £45 from Per Uno in Marks and Spencer with 3.5" heel size 7

Ward night out: Another bargain, perspex mules by Kit £15 from Argos Additions ( www.argosadditions.co.uk ) 4.5" heel size 7

Other ward night out: Mesh backed black leather tied stiletto's (love these too) local market £20 made by Ranger 3.5" heel size 7

Christmas day: Lucky me 2 pairs of Red or Dead shoes. Heels 4" both size 7 - both presents so don't know where or how much.

Finally New Years Eve: Ankle boots, black leather 4" heel size 7 £29.99 from TK Macs

All bought/received from Oct 2002 - Dec 2002.

By the way Argos Additions have fantastic sandals (lot of 4" stilettos) for this summer but you need to get in quick because they go fast (I have to confess to ordering 6 pairs of sandals so far, all really nice and have kept all - have even gone back and ordered 4 more pairs one duplicating in another colour as I really love them - and have even ordered and kept a pair of plat sandals which for me is unheard of as I am not normally that keen on plats but these looked nice in the catalogue and so nice on)

Julietta xx

Let calm be widespread

I looked in Marks and Spencer late last year, just to see if I could spot those lace tie shoes, but I never saw them in stock at any time. I guess they had them for just a short while, only in the run up to the party season.

I like the Dec 21st shoes with the back webbing and the ankle ties, and I also like the ankle cuff shoes you wore on Dec 6th. I have seen a picture in a newspaper recently with someone wearing something similar but with at least a 5 inch heel; I haven't seen anywhere in the High Street that actually sells such shoes though {shame}. I'll bet that someone like Sacha just might, and I'll look in their Kensington High Street branch later next week to see if they do. Dune have some similar shoes in some of the home catalogues, but not as high. I never knew that Peacocks sold shoes, I'll have a look in there tomorrow.

The Read or Dead ankle cuff shoes with steel stiletto heel are also fantastic.

I can relate to the heel heights as I wear a UK size 6.5 or a 7; in EUR sizes, size 39.5 or 40 seems good. However I doubt I could get away with wearing any of those styles out in public, just yet.

Thanks for sharing your diary with us, and I hope you do it again some time.

If you bought that many shoes in the last 3 or 4 months alone; just how many pairs do you have altogether? It must be loads!

Jo Hi again, I have only gone mad recently because in the Argos Additions catalogue they have so many lovely sandals at really good prices starting at £10 actually. I have bought a few at £15 and I think the most a pair has cost me is £29 and they were a Sacha pair of stappy sandals. I also bought a lovely magenta pair of strappies by Contra made by Dune and they were only £25. Trouble is Jo there are so many nice ones in there you can go mad and I have an account too which doesn't help. I will take some pics soon to show you but try and get hold of a catalogue in the meantime you'll love it. Chat soon Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

Trouble is Jo there are so many nice ones in there you can go mad and I have an account too which doesn't help. I will take some pics soon to show you but try and get hold of a catalogue in the meantime you'll love it.

Or they're on-line at http://www.argosadditions.com/, where you can surf. As I said somewhere else, tho', the system is completely hopeless at suggesting alternatives :lol:

I had a look at Argos Additions and rather fancy these:

Posted Image

or these:

Posted Image

The only problem I found with their kit shoes is that the size 8 comes up rather small, however with open toes and backs this shouldn't be a problem as much as with the Court shoes I tried before.

Can't wait to see the pics of you wearing your selection Julietta

Very elegant models Smudgeur, I just doubt I would be able to close those delicate tiny buckles on the black ones with my long nails. How do real girls manage that by the way?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I haven't yet go the latest ArgosAdditions Cat but bought a pair of mock lace up three quarter length boots from the last quite cheap and they are the best buy for a long time. I'm size 4/5 and they fit perfect at 5. Look good too. Now off tto get the spring edition. Suzyxx

Love seeketh not itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

Highluc, Besides myself as my wifes assistant during her 12mm nail period, I have also noticed other people using pincers, points of nail files, and a lot of instruments to make the strap pass the buckle in order to first be set at a pin hole, and sometimes even more troublesome, make the "spare" piece of strap to get through the second part of this very same buckle. Whenever I am feeling that the wallet allows, I am also going to have a test period of at least 12mm (1/2") acrylic nails, so I can get a better perspective on the problems they invoke *and* my best solutions to these problems. TallSwede PS. Which is your current/common (finger)nail length? DS.

Hi Tall Swede, My nails are natural and on my left hand all fingers extend between 10 mm at the thumb to 6 mm at the pink. On my right hand only the thumb and the pink extends, the other ones don't grow due to manual work (like typing on the pc) or keep braking off. I keep the tips nicely filed in an oval shape but use no nail polish or varnish. I like playing with my nails and slowly get used to them. They still hamper some actions once in a while, for instance manipulating the tiny buttons on the nokia cell phone is quite challenging and produces lots of false inputs.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence