New Nine West Styles (Masculine)

CassieJ

I was on the Nine West site today and found two things I wanted to share...

First, they have a online show like Design Star but for shoe designers called Shoe Star where 7 designers compete for a job at Nine West designing shoes.

http://www.ninewest.com/n/staticPage.s?path=hub/&fName=designing_challenge1

Second....Have you seen the NEW DESIGNS coming in September? Several great heels at 4"+ that look like men's designs. I could easily wear these with confidence.

Check the site for the new designs...they say "ships 9/15" in their names.

I attached one of my favorites to this post.

Cassie

post-9194-133522863942_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing your Nine West discoveries with us. The men's looking shoes you pointed out remind me of a style of shoes that was popular in the 70's. Mostly copies of men's styles but with heels. The shoes matched women's "corporate wear" that was also popular at the same time. The "Design Challenge" is another "spin-off" from "Project Runway" a popular series of TV programs broadcast on the cable stations. While I found the episode's scenario, now old and boring (after at least three years of "Project Runway" -- how many more ways can you drag out the drama and suspense of announcing a loser?), the first thing that jumped out at me was the creative thinking that went into presenting new looks. While most of the designs aren't what I would pluck from my closet to wear, the designs really underscore (to me, at least) just how many different styles and designs are available to women than there are to men. No wonder most of us find mens shoes absolutely boring.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Just my take: When I go to the Womens' side I'm not looking for something I can find on the Mens' side. Guess I'm just boring, looking basicly for a pump with maybe a strap or two and varying heights of heel. Besides, Mens' oxfords are cheaper than Womens',, Have you ever noticed that?

I'm not interested in a so called womens shoe that is designed after a man's shoe. I'm only interested in women's shoes that looks fiminine and made strictly for a woman. Oxfords sometimes can be an exception. Oxfords have always been made for both male and female. some designers go overboard with their designs and create an ugly shoe.

t-straps are my favorite style.

Oxfords never fazed me very much as Mom wore them daily with a 2" heel when I was growing up. I prefer more feminine styles of shoes and boots and especially boots that I can wear daiy with my men's attire. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Don't get me wrong. I have tons of strappy heels that I love but I don't feel comfortable wearing them out in public in everyday life. These male inspired styles tend to pass really well under long pants and even when seen, look masculine. Might just be mental but it makes it easier for me to be out-and-about! Cassie