Men Wearing High Heels - Fad, Fashion Or History Repeating Itself?

Thighboots2

Thanks for the link, I liked the article a lot. I'm not an statistical guy myself but tend to believe that trends always come and go in cycles.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

With me, it isn't fad or fashion, but history. I have been wearing and enjoying heels for many decades. You can take the man out of the heels, but you can't take the heels out of the man. That's me plain and simple. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

well johnieheel, it IS a fact of fashion history that men were THE first to wear heels, so I'd say (offhand) that is is TIME that this original fashion (of men) came BACK to its origin!:o

well johnieheel, it IS a fact of fashion history that men were THE first to wear heels, so I'd say (offhand) that is is TIME that this original fashion (of men) came BACK to its origin!:-?

I second that!:o

For heels it has come and gone and come back again with styles and fashion. For us men it has only getting towards a level which hopefully where heels on men will be fashionable as the fads and stlyes come and go for our history. Yes Kings did them however anyone throwing remarks at them were disposed of. It was also at a point in time I think which they did not have gender assigned identies with the shoes, boots and or clothes they wore. We are part of our history in the making for men in heeled boots and shoes, how exciting is that! Mtns of heels:clap:

well johnieheel, it IS a fact of fashion history that men were THE first to wear heels, so I'd say (offhand) that is is TIME that this original fashion (of men) came BACK to its origin!:o

I second that emotion!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

When it comes to fads, fashion or history, everything is cyclical, so the concept of men wearing high heels is simply another concept that's done a 180. If society as a whole were made aware of the history of heels, how men were first to wear them, and wear them prominently to boot, people would be absolutely shocked. It's already been mentioned here many times before, but it's only been in the last hundred plus years that women ruthlessly hijacked heels and made them their own while men were left with the slim (and ugly) pickings of wingtips and similar styles that had to scream "MEN!" while being boring as all hell. But things have slowly but surely come full circle in the early 21st century as men have stopped being cowered when it comes to fashion, we've become bold enough to wear what we want to wear, not what our narrowminded society decides for us to wear instead. In short, we, as men, have, in our own way, gone about reclaiming a key piece of fashion that began with us. I'm pretty damn proud to be part of this small but important movement.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

No fad or fasion here either. I just like heels. I believe I was born with this blessing.

With me, it isn't fad or fashion, but history. I have been wearing and enjoying heels for many decades. You can take the man out of the heels, but you can't take the heels out of the man. That's me plain and simple.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yes. Not a fad,maybe a little fashion in my case. But I have always worn high hees because I thouroughly enjoy wearing high heels! Simple as that.