Walking a mile in heels - Jezebel.com

I still can't quite understand the part that his toes hurt that quickly. Yes, after hours and hours, but not just after a few steps like in this video.

I still can't quite understand the part that his toes hurt that quickly. Yes, after hours and hours, but not just after a few steps like in this video.

Well, he did say he was 180lbs, and its the first time he's ever done that...

Stilettoes are totally not suitable for bigger people, its only gonna end in pain, and they really did look kinda stupid on him..

Huge tall guy walking on needles? naaaaa, doesnt quite work IMHO :o

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Give him kudos for actually getting out there and doing the mile. I did notice the lack of reactions in the bar in the first video though.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Stilettoes are totally not suitable for bigger people, its only gonna end in pain, and they really did look kinda stupid on him..

Agree. He really walks kind of funnily ... shaking around left to right, etc. Why does he do that? Can't he try to walk normally? We all do, don't we?

There are tons of Youtube movies out where guys put on heel and purposefully walk in the most stupid way they ever can imagine, in order to emphasize what they think of guys wearing heels (= stupid idiots).

Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJwtRquMA00&feature=related (on the street though)

Compare that with what the guy in the "walk a mile" video does ... well, he walks a bit better than that, but he could certainly do better, I think, even without having much experience.

SNIP>>

Richie,

Its what I have been trying to say so often, stiletto heels and guys doesn't generally work, and especially in his case. OK, so he's doing it for a show, but he isnt doing "Heels & Men" any favours. Perhaps that is the point.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

How tall is tall? If he weighs about 180lbs it would amount to about 81kg. I'm 1.82m (about 6feet) weigh about 78kg and I can easily walk on stilleto's for an evening. Give me my 24 minutes of fame and I'll walk a mile.

• 1 month later...

I can not help but to laugh at the way he swings his arms when he is walking and how fast he is trying to walk.

Exactly - mainly the swinging arms are totally ridiculous! Anyone here who ever walked in heels knows that this is really not necessary to do, and even when I think back when I tried first (which is now really a long time ago!), I don't think I EVER walked like this!

Exactly - mainly the swinging arms are totally ridiculous!...

I think the reason is that the shoes are cheap and fit horribly so he's in a lot of pain. The swinging arms would then be him trying to shift his weight around to alleviate the pain.

Just my guess.

Spiker.

Let's face it! I don't believe he would want to be seen by his friends as really enjoying wearing high heels, don't you think? Often, those that make the biggest deal out men of wearing woman's shoes are the very ones that enjoy wearing heels the most. It's just that their macho image might suffer should they show the slightest bit of enjoying the experience. If it were me in that video, I wouldn't have a problem selecting the proper pair, putting them on and marching off into the sunset with that very pretty woman on my arm. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's face it! I don't believe he would want to be seen by his friends as really enjoying wearing high heels, don't you think?

Often, those that make the biggest deal out men of wearing woman's shoes are the very ones that enjoy wearing heels the most. It's just that their macho image might suffer should they show the slightest bit of enjoying the experience.

If it were me in that video, I wouldn't have a problem selecting the proper pair, putting them on and marching off into the sunset with that very pretty woman on my arm. :smile:

And the woman on your arm would be wearing the same style high heels...?