Ever Worn Out A Pair Of Heels

johnieheel

Ever worn out a pair of heels?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Ever worn out a pair of heels?

• YES
    • NO

On my new pair of ankle hiking boots, I bought them in feb, and have aleardy had to replace the heel caps, second lot of heel caps almost worn out now too. Seems like the heel caps are good for about 100 kilometers of walking. I usually walk 4-6 k a day three or four days a week on all surfaces, so they do quite well

Blacksheep

Hi, I've lost count of the pairs I've worn out. But I wear heels mostly so its going to happen. The biggest problem I get is the very thin leather sole under the ball/ toes on most heels wear down quickly, I have worn holes into the sole of my shoes. I have never had that part of the shoe resoled etc and don't know that it could be done 'nicely' if you know what I mean. In terms of heel-tips well they get replaced many times over before I've worn through a shoe.. Cheers Heel-Lover

Just one pair. I have enough pairs, and don't wear most of them outside my domicile, so I've yet to get anywhere close to wearing them out.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Not really. And not even close to, haha. I know before I gave up some wedges, the heel was beginning to bend down/to the side the more pressure that fell onto it. Otherwise, the heel tips have only been wearing through wear. No replaces quite yet.

Formally "HHDude"

The first pair of Mary Jane pumps that I wore when I was three years old, were literally falling off when I had to quit wearing them, because I had them on all the time. Since then I haven't worn out a pair of heels that way. If they come close to this stage of use, I have them re-soled and re-tipped. I've had a few toe boxes come apart, which is really irritating and some uppers have developed tears from being to small for the size I needed. These were part of my learning phase of heeling. I've even had some Mary Jane straps deteriorate to the point of breaking, but these can be repaired if your careful in finding the right replacements. Have you ever got a brand new pair of heels and something breaks or tears through your own unintended negligents or in forcing something to fit or work that wasn't quite adequate to perform the intended function?

The only high heeled boots I've ever worn out are the ones I bough from Payless several years ago. The were 3" heel height but it wasn't the heels or sole that wore out, instead it was the stress point near the toes and I believe this was due to the man made material. My 3" and 4" heeled western boots are all quality leather and will need new heel pads from time to time but should otherwise last many years as the soles are easily replaceable as well. I just keep tabs on the pads and will stop wearing them when the wear starts to get close to the stacked leather heel part. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 1 month later...

My pair of 8" black platforms have surface wear from wearing them a lot. I once wore them for 12 hours straight. It left a light black residue on my feet too. And it felt weird removing them after that long. It was an experience though.They just show excessive wear on where the feet go. Other than that they are pretty straight.

Heel tips all the time... The local cobbler expects me in one a month - and that's with rotation shoes - sometime my two pairs of oxfords get a lot of use. Can't wait for boots and fall/winter. I've had one pair of oxfords replaced - the leather just stretched out too much and it was a little sloppy and less secure walking in the 5".

I did some outings wearing them, i never though i was gonna do it, but i actually already went to the streets and found my self in the middle of people wearing them , plus a full woman attire, i went out from a makeover photo shut, and i think i was pasable some how, me and my friend went out to clubing and dine out, it was very liberating,and we were the center of the atention when people found out we were guys, we wre not trying to hide or fool anyone, just we were having fun all dressed and wearing our heels here and there, people found out we were normal straight guys in a diferent look, and wanted to know the why were doing it, i still dont know why, i just love the feeling of the heels period, pushing me to turn all my look into a girl without trying to be or feel as one, the only purpose is the wearing of heel out and about, and dont look weird.

V. Morpho

• 1 month later...

I have worn out my one and only pair of black thigh high boots, Ellie #8868, with 4 inch heels. Haven't worn thigh boots actively in years, but if a find a vintage pair that resembles my current 80's style knee high boots with jeans tucked in, I will buy a pair.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My first pair were wooden sandals with 2.5" heels. Not that high, but it is the pair which I consider as my first heels. They are about 15 years old. I have worn them many summers. Although they look heavily used, they are still not worn down.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself