Ever Worn Out A Pair Of Heels

johnieheel

Ever worn out a pair of heels?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Ever worn out a pair of heels?

• YES
    • NO

You can always tell when a woman has a hard time parting with her favorite heels. They have been worn well. Have you, as a man in heels, ever worn, Not out grown, but literally with everyday wear and tear, worn out a pair of heels? yes no

real men wear heels

You can always tell when a woman has a hard time parting with her favorite heels. They have been worn well.

Have you, as a man in heels, ever worn, Not out grown, but literally with everyday wear and tear, worn out a pair of heels?

I have not YET but it is in my plans.

real men wear heels

Yes but only one pair of block heel boots. The second pair are rapidly going to join them. Seem to get about a year of good use (5 days per week) out of them. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

i've had damage to a pair of boots that was unrepairable, but otherwise i have to say no. i usually get tired of a particular style/pair or just decide to discard to make more room.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Worn out many pairs over the years. When they become too shabby to wear, they usually reside in the back of the closet for a few years and finally join their sisters in that big shoe store in the sky..... (:o good bye shoes)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Not yet, but now that some of my more conservative heels are getting a real workout from daily use, it just might now be possible! Wow....who'da thunk that could be possible? :o Sure beats just letting them collect dust in the closet.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I haven't worn out a pair of heels but I'm close. I have had my black thighboots with 5" stilettos resoled and have installed at least 5 sets of heel tips. I also had to open the lining and pull out all the sponge like lining material that had disintegrated and settled around the ankle and toe area. But there not worn out yet. :o I have worn out a pair of flat heeled thigh boots to the point that the soles are falling off and the ball of one foot peeks through the side. :cool1: But taking the other meaning of “worn out”, my thigh boots are worn out in public all the time. :-?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

i wore out my first pair of white 6 inch heels i purchased from frederick's of H. i bought those more than 10 years ago, wore them to the point where the leather vamp had stretched too far, ankle straps were getting weak and the platform bottoms were squishing out beyond the edges! foot print too, was clearly stamped on the suede foot bed. also wore out my first pair of sherberts, same thing happened to them. both are long gone but not forgotten!

Guest Loveshiheels

Its going to be a long time before I wear my shoes out, since I don,t wear them outside much. More likely to damage the heels then wear them out.

I have three pair of my favorite black leather pleaser 5" oxfords. The first has stretched to the point the even a thicker men's sock has to be worn to keep them tight enough to be in good control... The material on the heel is pretty beat up also. the heels takes a lot of abuse when I fail to avoid a crack in the sidewalk. My shoe repair gut does a good job keeping this pair usable. Primarily I rotate the other pair. The first is about 2 years old and has at least 10 miles on it... One thing about this particular shoe it that at 230lbs, they sure seem to hold up well - no broken keels yet...

Most definitely yes. I had a great pair of Frederick's leather pumps with a true stiletto heel. The heels never wore out but after about 5 years the leather just gave up. Oh well, maybe some day I'll have to splurge and go custome exactly like I want. Any suggestions?

Cobbler told me the last time I replaced the tips on one pair that I'd either need another heel, or new shoes next time the tips goes down...

Ah the perils of stiletto heels and pointy toes, they do wear out surprisingly quickly and I am not just talking about the heel tips as the toe takes a bashing on the longer pointed styles. I guess if they didn't then women wouldn't have the incentive to keep buying. Women's fashions change every 6 months and so what is the point of making things that last too long. This does lead to a dilema for us though because once you find a nice pair of shoes, but the time you realise you better get another pair for when the first wear out, they've gone from the shelves. I keep making this mistake.

SScot, I hop you are not talking about those nice D'Orsay shoes in this pic http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/real_life_meetings/3064d1217164260-nyc_heel_meet_-_26_july_2008-heel_001.jpg they are a nice looking shoe. Never been one to appreciate fussy decorations.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

[...] This does lead to a dilema for us though because once you find a nice pair of shoes, but the time you realise you better get another pair for when the first wear out, they've gone from the shelves. I keep making this mistake.

That's so true for me too... :o

SScot, I hop you are not talking about those nice D'Orsay shoes in this pic http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/real_life_meetings/3064d1217164260-nyc_heel_meet_-_26_july_2008-heel_001.jpg they are a nice looking shoe. Never been one to appreciate fussy decorations.

Simon.

Unfortunately, yes. I like these shoes so much I wear them the most, hence wearing them out quick. Some don't like the super long pointed toe, but on this shoe, I love it. They are comfortable, too.

Oh well, more shopping soon! :o

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

• 3 weeks later...

well now, one COULD wear out a pair of heels ( on boots ofcourse) by grinding them in face of the enemies of world freedom!!:o (which I'd LOVE to do!:-? )

• 2 years later...

well on my NINE WEST blade heel boots (4 inch) the right heel tip seems to "come loose" as it were, but it's really no big deal-I suppose I could have it fixed, seeing that its the only one of the pair ( on the right side) that has done this a few times, strange that it is I've never done that walking walking out in them to tell you the truth.:)

I have a pair of Two-Lips ankle boots that I loved dearly. Then the heel block on one of them started cracking. I still have them but I miss wearing them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.