Peep toe shoes

abburke

Hello everyone, hope you are having a great day. I wanted to ask everyone a question. Have any of you purchased or currently own any peep toed heels or flats and if so do you wear them in public? What kind of reactions have you had? I know that Jean Paul Gaultier had introduced peep toed wedges sometime back but didn't seem to catch on. I would like to try this style but would like opinions about it. How do you think this style would look on us guys? Thanks for the help. Aaron

I recently bought these and is the first pair of peep toes in my collection but haven't taken the step of having the courage to try outside yet so wear them indoors and love them. At first was worried in case a couple of toes would be forced through the peep toe part and end up with a slight "overhang" due to the heel height but they fit perfect and toes stay where they are meant to!! Hope the link works.

http://www.harmonyshop.co.uk/product/1401/

Like any question of this nature, you will get a spectrum of responses from those who like that particular style and wear them all the time to those who don't like them and never buy or wear them. I happen to be in the latter category, but as long as we all respect and tolerate each other's taste, this will continue to be a good forum. GWL

Spikeheels, those are very nice looking heels, beautiful but not sure I would wear those out in public either. I was thinking more of about 3" or so, wedge possibly, sling back or not with possibly a criss cross over the peep toe portion. Maybe something like this:

http://www.endless.com/Naturalizer-Womens-Strappy-Slingback-Wedge/dp/B0012E0PAS/ref=sr_1-90/?cAsin=B0012DZ6DK&asinTitle=Naturalizer%20Wow%20Strappy%20Slingback%20Wedge&&colors=&size=100&page=10&dept=242169011&node=242169011&nodes=242169011&brands=&keywords=&s

or this:

http://www.endless.com/Vaneli-Womens-Barmer-Wedge-Sandal/dp/B0011N634W/ref=sr_1-72/?cAsin=B0011N4A4M&asinTitle=Vaneli%20Barmer%20Wedge%20Sandal&&colors=&size=100&dept=242169011&node=242169011&nodes=242169011&brands=&keywords=&sort=shoesbrowserel2&onsale=0&new

Hope the links work. T-strap lover, can you elaborate more on your response? Do you wear them all the time, out in public, etc? Thank you all for your responses.

Aaron

I have some, but my big toe seems to love that hole quite too much, so it kinda pops out on occasion. I guess it's why I stick to mainly closed-toe shoes.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Just this one pair, out in public once (to a club), and the reaction was great....but my feet hurt like heck.

That is a nice looking shoe StilletoScot yet I can see why your feet hurt afterwords!

Aaron

On one of my visits to Payless I purchased these peep toe wedges

Posted Image

They are rather comfortable also.

rx

Nice nail color! I saw a lady the other day wearing some zebra striped sandals and her feet were nicely done in a similar orange but more neon. I love that. I need to start wearing colored polish rather than nudes and white tips.

Aaron

Guest Loveshiheels

I do own any peep toe shoes, but a female friend of mine owns a pair like this that I like.

post-8861-133522863727_thumb.jpg

i do have a pair of black leather 4" heel peeptoes, and all i can say is go for it, the are and feel great, besides they're in fashion right now so it will be easier to find a style and size that fits you, and psycologically will help also, don't know but kind of feel trendy.

I like peep toes. I have the same ones that rxrenesis posted, in brown and black. Wearing the black ones now, in fact... though I'm about to kick them off and head to bed.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Personally, I don't care for peeptoes and don't own any. Ditto for slingbacks. Everyone has their own taste, right?

Exactly the same here: no peeptoes or slingbacks, not on men or women. I honestly don't know why, but these two categories are very much not my thing. Oh well: to each his own.

My feet are nice enough with a good grooming, but I don't like the look of my toes enough, maybe with some pedicure visits or such I might be able to pull it off. But I will probably leave the peep toes to the ladies (or even some of you guys), with the nice toes to pull it off properly. I'll have to still stick with the closed toe shoes.

Peeptoes - Nope, just do not like them at all. They are OK on women I suppose. High-heeled peeptoes will always be better than flats but I just don't like them for some reason. Same for mules (open or closed). Not my thing at all.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I have had several pairs of peep-toed shoes through the years, but never liked the looks of or comfort level on me, so I tend to stick with the closed toe shoes and boots. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I also have several pair of peep toe shoes. This is a pair that I've worn with a pair of shorts and a sports shirt, out and about several times this summer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/bubba136/P1010034.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/bubba136/P1010035.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/bubba136/P1010036.jpg

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I love my peep toe shoes. I have a 4" slingback and a 6.25" maryjane w/ a 1" platform. They are great driving the car with the airconditioner on. I have worn the first pair out several times, and the second only once.

This is a pair of peep toes that I have worn a few times in the last year; usually with a navy blue suit. When I have worn them dancing, they always got wonderful complements. I have a few other pair, but these are by far my favorite. They are Bandolino "Riana" in a deep red.

post-5655-133522864538_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

Hi Aaron, Go for it with Peep-toes. They are so in fashion right now so you can easily get the styles and the are prettier. The toes shape is usually less pointed and more like an almond shaped toe so it is often more comfortable. I personally prefer and would recommend the peep-toes with a narrower opening so you see a bit of the big toe and the second toe only. Just enough to show some skin and your pedicure! Toe slippage can be avoided by inserting a Party Feet ball of foot cushion - clear gel inserts for under the ball of the foot although they can come loose. I prefer the levante Foot Petal which goes under the ball of foot and is available in colours to compliment you shoes (even though you can't see it) like pink, yellow, black, grey....This will stop you feet sliding forward as much. Also a good high heel manufacturer will have a good arch in the shoe so that you feel it when wearing the shoe - this way your weight will bear down on a flatter surface under heel (more weight on the heel) and a steeper arch to the toes - which is comfier and also stops your toes sliding forward as much. The less well constructed heels have the incline as more of a straight ramp than a tight curve. Does that make sense? rgds Heel-Lover