winter boots

stellah

I'm looking for a good pair of winter boots, but the problem is, as always, the size :( . For example I like this model from http://www.famousfootwear.com:

Posted Image The price: $55.

Or a little higher:

Posted Image The price: $35.

The largest they offer is 41, but I need at least 43 (better 44). Does anyone know where to get something like that in Europe? :lol: Requirements: color - black, knee-high, block-heel, side-zipper.

HH forever!

Thanks from me too! It indeed seems that I have to hop on the ferry again. I drove through Stockholm last monday returning from Europe... Too "bad" I bought 4 pair this week already. Two pairs from Bronx (2 times blades), one pseudo stiletto pair (has been years since my last pair), and one pair from Angela Falconi that I have been drooling over for a year, but now it was discounted from 252 EUR to 150... Pictures follow in a few days or so! Bert

What's all the fuss about?

43, but I buy my men's shoes 42.5 because they stretch a bit anyway and I like them snug. I fit in about 5% of the heeled non-pointy-toed 41s. That's where I do most of my shopping. 42s are generally not available anyway. And you? Bert

Bert wrote: I fit in about 5% of the heeled non-pointy-toed 41s. That's where I do most of my shopping. 42s are generally not available anyway. -I am in the same situation, I ought to have a 43-44 sized shoe but happen *very* rarely to find a 41 that fit just as Bert describes. What really irkes me is that TOO often the shops fill the mailbox with glossy adverts where they state that some models *are* available also in size 42 which would be a godsend for me, but a visit to the mall quite soon confirm that it was "just a typo"... :lol: TallSwede

A size 42 could sometime be the same as a 43 or even an 44? I don't get it. So you guys just search around for shoes with a marked size of 42 and just hope that it fits a size 43-44 :lol: ... Is't a good aproach to do that? Tallswede: Where are you from? Are you out in the public yet?

A size 42 could sometime be the same as a 43 or even an 44? I don't get it.

Apparently they can't measure too well in some boot factories.

So you guys just search around for shoes with a marked size of 42 and just hope that it fits a size 43-44 :lol: ...

I just walk through shops and see usually within a blink of an eye if a boot fits me or not, without looking at the size. And yes, sometimes a shoe marked 41 fits a size 43 without any problem...

Is't a good aproach to do that?

Hell, no, but now I do find boots that fit me. Any better suggestions? :(

Br

Bert

O, and one more thing, I tried to organize a scandinavian boot gathering in Stockholm about a year ago but the interest was quite low. I'm still interested in such a thing if there are more of "us" now... Bert

Chrissp wrote: "Tallswede: Where are you from? Are you out in the public yet?" I'm born in Gothenburg, but live since a few years close to Jonkoping after having spent a number of years along the west coast of Sweden. I'd say that I am quite out in the public. -A memorable moment was when I was city shopping with my wife in my then just received 4" cork wedge sandals and a woman meeting us almost stumbled and fell on her face while trying to continue walking while staring at my feet... :lol: TallSwede

If I could find the second pair in my size (45-46) I'd never wear anything else!! :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I'm awaiting delivery of some real winter boots I got through e-bay. I think most of you will not like them but for me they will be perfect to wear in rainy or snowy weather. Remember I have problems walking on flats for longer times so finding this type of boot wit a heel was like a miracle to me. They will also be a good match for my 2 winterskirts in similar material and color. The price was ridiculous and even with the 19$ shipping and 10$ money order transfer costs they still will be excellent value for money. Definitely not exciting, but for sure different and practical.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2801581161

Item Description:S quareTrade © AP6.0Ladies winter boots by Windy Hill, high tops with high heels. Gray in color. Brand new. Size 10. Nylon type material. Real warm on the inside. Measures 18 inches high and 10 1/2 inches from heel to toe. Heel is 2-3/4 inches (measured from the back). A must for the stylist who has to tread snow.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

i really really like the second pair you showed

These?

Posted Image

Good that many think they are nice... I was considering buying them for such a long time, but then, 252 EUR for just one more in the collection...

But if I like them, and most other people think they are nice, the discounted 150 EUR could have been a good investment!

They are also of the highest quality and finish, and they fit just great. That's also worth something...

But they are fall 2001 model, some people would never wear such an old fashioned model. Luckily I am boring enough not to be bothered by such a thing :lol:

Bert

And yet another pair I bought yesterday, only to be worn on dry winter days of course but ooooh so nice. Check my website for more details but here they are already in all their glory:

Posted Image

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I posted this picture on another thread some time back; they were purchased at PayLess, genuine suede leather, size 12 (US), for $30. When worn with a pair of lightweight cotton athletic sockies (for some extra padding) they are quite comfortable. The heel is a narrow blade. The resemblence (to Highluc's pair) is stiking; if only they were knee-hi. :lol:

Posted Image

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 3 weeks later...

In the meantime I bought some additional classy winter boots, please have a look at my website to see them.

I ordered a modest pair with lower blade heels from tallgirls.co.uk and they delivered them really fast (3 days instread of allowed 21!). Not exacly winter boots but they are really comfortable... from the front they look like men's cowboy boots :lol:

Posted Image

BTW, they cost only £22.

HH forever!

-Once again my Irresponsible, Stupid, Prehuman (ISP) has logged me out in the thin eather, so I sincerely hope that I have found the forum this reply was aiming for, else, my apologies... Bert, I would *really* like a (short transfer) meet , but currently I have to count every SKR delivered to me at the end of the month, so I have to make my kids the (volu(o?)ntarliy made by myself) beneficients of my "excess" money... :lol: -Still, I hope to have a better situation during the spring, so please do not disregard me automatically in future plans, as I do would like a meet like I only read about when FF and the others have made London (or wherever) when they have gotten together. My current (admittedly very trivial) problem is that my fav boots have both had their heels "broken off" I.E. the heels only dangled from the middle of the sole after trying (one year ago) to kick loose ice from various places... :x . I have tried "contact glue" (-You put the substance on each part; wait 15 min's; press with all your might;-And voila they stick together like never before...) which did *not* do the job, so I am currently considering using my (*PRO*) gluegun (providing I find the correct gluestick to use (horrors...), which might be be the best solution (-Warning, do not laugh)... They are of all man made materials, and the heel part has "peeled off" from the lower heel (which looks like leather and goes 5-6mm 1/4" inward under the *Heel* of the foot. The heel is a "pure plastic" block heel with an inward structure looking like a "star" in the mould. I.E. the outer contour is WYSIWYG, but inside there are 4-6 "walls" supporting the heel from top to bottom, and between them are cavities open from the top of the heel to somewhere (too?) close to the sole of the heel. In other words, I can glue along the outer perimeter of the heel and also on "strings" toward the center of the heel. The right foot boot does still seem to have its heel in place, but the left one has already developed a new "flap" :( -I got them cheap, and quite soon bought an "Identical" pair, which unfortunately proved to be *just* a little bit too narrow to be all day around comfortable... It is always like that, we went to an "everything on sale" market and I veered off into the shoe dep't and stumbled on these boots for EU15 (let's say USD15) (who cares), which being size EU41 fit my EU44 feet like gloves... I bought them, waited for the zipper to break, or myself to get fungus, or whatever... Two weeks later I called (to this a bit far away shop) and asked them to set aside for me a second pair, if available, and, to my surprise, they did have that second pair in stock so I went there and bought them. Unfurtunately are this second pair *just* a little bit too narrow, so my feet "loses circulation" during the day, and I have hot the same comfort like my (semi I hope)worn out pair. TallSwede

TallSwede: Have you considered taking them to a shoe repair shop and having the heels replaced? -- As an alternative, why not send them to Francis or FF to make any repairs and adjustments necessary? I'm sure they can remedy your problems.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The "problem" is that i got the boots for (I hope to remember correctly) about SEK 175 or ~EU/USD 16 per pair, so taking/mailing them somewhere would be a higher cost than they were paid for initially... :lol: So I will try different methods at home to make them usable. -Any advice about using glue-gun glues (reads funny doesn't it)? I have a "pro" glue gun with thermostat and three temp settings *and* an assortment of glue sticks (best suited) for different purposes/materials. But I have no experience using it for making heels stay put on a shoe sole. So any encouragement/warning in this respect would really be appreciated, as I am having next week off, and will probably begin to try to do something about the heel during that period... TallSwede