Courage

wolf

Did this site have give you the courage to wear your heels outside?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Did this site have give you the courage to wear your heels outside?

• No, I was already wearing heels outside
    • No, I have not yet found the courage to wear heels outside.
    • YES! Thank you all!!

I am glad to see more guys heading out of the house in heels. I was very apprehensive at first (and still have moments) but on weekends, I wear them to the mall and to restaurants with my wife. I always wear shoes inspired by men's shoe designs but I refuse to wear anything with less than a 4" heel. I wear both block and stiletto heels with a closed rounded toe and under my long pants (jeans or slacks) they look like men's shoes. I am still in that phase where I worry about how others will react. Never really had a bad experience but I fear someone making a scene. Here is the funny part. We go to TGI Fridays or Smokey Bones and sit in a booth. While walking in, I try to walk so I won't draw undue attention, then, while sitting I find myself crossing my legs and putting my shoe out as if to make people see it. Kinda a game I play in my head. Like I kinda want to be caught. The TGI Fridays we go to sometimes for lunch has an elevated bar area where we sit in tall stools on the corner where people coming up the stairs get a good view of my feet. It is not intentional, just the way it is laid out. I can tell the servers notice my shoes but in the last year, none have ever commented. I almost wish they would so we could talk about heels. My biggest fear is running into someone I know. It has happened once but the girl didn't even notice. My wife encourages me so it really helps. How I long for the day a man can choose the footware of his choice (mine would be strappy spike heels with bows and painted toes) and not have to worry about what society thinks. Cassie

It really does. She knew about my fetish while we were dating. Didn't really feel comfortable wearing heels in front of her for some time. Several years into our marriage, we both had a 'coming out' talk about our desires that took our relationship to the next level. Since then, I wear heels all the time in the house and have about 60 pairs. In the last year, encouraged by all of you on hhplace, I started venturing out in public. Boots that looked totally male (with a 4" block heel) at first and as I gained confidence, I moved to men's style shoes with stiletto 4-5" heels. Still cautious about where I go and I still have apprehension but find myself hoping someone will notice. I would love for a guy or girl to speak with me about my shoes in a positive manner. Has happened a couple of times. I dream of one day being able to wear them all day at work. I really die watching all the beautiful heels walking around our office and I can't participate. It's aggravating to me. Cassie

To answer the question YES it was HHP that helped me see that I really had noting to fear and even though I have loved heels for as long as I can remember it was not until I joined HHP that I started wear heels in public. So thanks to all members who lead the way and helped me see that I can do this and thanks to the HHP webmasters for keeping this great site up and going.

After reading about experiences from other males, yes, this site definately put it in my head to go public in heels. Went on another heeling out today, and boy! I loved every minute of it.

Formally "HHDude"

I have been thinking a lot about this thread because I wanted to be able to say all of the things that HHPlace has done for me. Ironically, this is my 400th post to the forum, so now seemed to be a good time. I had "heeled" a lot before I found this forum. Those excursions mainly involved going out at night, buying gas, late trips to the grocery store, etc. Like living in the shadows so to speak. I had a nice collection of shoes that I could buy in self-service stores or on e-bay using only my first initial for shipping. I had shared my love for heels with a few people, who simply wrote it off as a fetish. But I knew that wasn't exactly right. Since I have found HHPlace, I have found a bounty of ideas, critiques on fashion, and encouragement to simply be who I am and do what I love. I have found a community of people from all over the world, diverse in age, race, gender, etc. who share the same passion that I do- for wearing beautiful shoes and being themselves. Today I feel like putting on a pair of heels and going to the mall or anywhere is simply as normal as putting on any shoes. I always knew that in my heart, but it is so nice to know that so many other guys are doing the exact same thing. The courage that I found here isn't simply wearing heels, but the courage to just be who I am. Thank you to everybody in this forum!

Style is built from the ground up!

I'll have to say yes. When I started exploring high heels (many thanks to the ex-wife for allowing me to), I never considered whether I would wear them in public, but I was intrigued by all the heel wearing adventures of others here. Finally I got the confidence to realize that most folks don't care and to wear what I want, and I've hoped that sharing my adventures can help encourage others.

• 3 months later...

I think I am like many members of this site, I thought I was the only guy in the world that loved wearing heels (not just heels but girls shoes in general). I remember finding this site and ringing up two members, I found it very strange to talk to a guy about high heels, I was shaking on the phone, but at last I found out I was not alone. I went to a heel meet in 2002 in Cambridge and the guys I meet were great, seem normal in every way, and had a good time wearing my high heeled boots, did a lot of walking. But at the end of the day (excuse the pun) they helped me on my journey through life, and I cannot thank this site and members enough, I can now wear my heels as and when I please with no problems so far. You can wear heels but you have to overcome the initial thought of doing so, I for one know this is a very hard thing to do, but a bit of support and knowing you are not alone helps a great deal. So take time and do your own thing it will come.

life is not a rehearsal

• 9 months later...

Until HHP I was a very conservative heeler - brown, black 5" stiletto boots under male pants--when I went out - just my heel clicks. I have since branched out: hose, leggings, Utilikilts, woman's jeans, skirts, painted toenails, pumps, peeptoe, strappy sandals :):) YES HHP has helped me expand my wardrobe, myself, my self image & my comfort zone. Many thanks to everyone!!!! GTMHP

Being a bit vertically challenged I took to wearing mens shoes with 2 inch heels after I found some in Spain, many years ago, but I never considered them to be high heels. HHP has certainly given me the courage to wear higher heels and quite openly in public. At my age I think I am entitled to do what I want and HHP has iinspired me with the confidence to do just that. Thanks to all, and particularly to those who run the forum!

Yes, I gained alot of courage to wear my heels out after finding out that I wasn't the only guy on the planet with a desire to wear high heels. Telling my wife and her accepting me for who I am and not what I am wearing on my feet helped too. The really cool part was when she purchased us a matching pair.

Hi, YES and THANK YOU ALL from my part as well :) I did start to wear heels in public after i started reading the HHP and now i'm doing that rather regularily (both reading HHP and wearing heels in public). Happy Heeling k6ps

Before I joined here I only had 2 pairs of heels and I was not going to buy any more since I could only wear them around the house. Since I,ve joined I have made the effort in doing the heel meets and making friends. I do wear heels when I do these heel meets which is something that I thought I never do. In the last few weeks I have started buying heels from shops near me and trying on in store. Aso I am using the internet less and less now to buy heels. I gone from buying heels that are far to high for me to wear outside since I now want to buy heels to be able to street heel. I,ve gone from buying cheap shoes like Pleaser to shoes from Faith. Limited to what shoe shops I can buy from since I,m a size 9uk. It,s not about the heel height on the shoe but the look,style and how comfortable the shoes fit me now.

Yes it helped a lot! This site made me realize that I'm not a weirdo or something coming from another planet. I still go out heeling but on mostly deserted places. I'm divorcing so i'll have more time to "heel" and especially - to find a partner compatible with heeling. :) Today I bought a new pair of heels. Only 9.5 cm high (3.5 inch). I know that's little but I "cracked" for them!:) Here are a few pics of them: post-15808-133522891799_thumb.jpg post-15808-133522891804_thumb.jpg post-15808-133522891808_thumb.jpg post-15808-133522891811_thumb.jpg post-15808-133522891816_thumb.jpg I just love them. They'd go great with a pair of slim jeans (which will be my next acquisition...).

"Never below 4" and always spiky"

I think that once people get over the whole "women's" angle of wearing high heels, and if you prefer wearing them, and it's part of who you are, then I think it makes it even easier. I know some wear more than just heels, but as has been said many times....they're just shoes.....but only nicer! It's no crime to want to wear something nicer than boring guys styles. My friends and colleagues know now that this is part of who I am, and I'm not going to be changing anytime soon, so now they just treat it as normal as anything else that goes on, which is the best support anyone could hope for.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Johnieheel:-) As the time for the Ohio Heel Meet nears, I have been going through my shoe collection to see if I have anything with a low heel that could be compatible to wear with a pair of leg braces that I must wear so that I can walk better than without them. So far the jury is still out on this decision. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I need to change my vote from, No, I have not yet found the courage to wear heels outside.to YES! Thank you all!!

Thanks to this forum and all who post here I finally wore my heels openly in the daylight and in town (Portsmouth) and guess what? no one even noticed!

After reading the advice of others here I brought a pair of heels a bit lower than my usual style and just went for it. After parking up I headed for the ticket machine only to find there was a maintainence man working on one of the machines, at this point I almost backed out but he never flinched even though my heels sounded like a train to me, that just boosted my confidence no end. After that it was all so easy, off through a major department store and away off through the main shopping precinct, checking out all the shoe shops along the way.

I now wonder what all the bother was about and realize that it was all in my own head and nobody out there actualy notices or they can't be bothered!

Once again Thanks to everyone here for the support and information.

• 1 month later...

I need to change my vote from, No, I have not yet found the courage to wear heels outside.to YES! Thank you all!!

Thanks to this forum and all who post here I finally wore my heels openly in the daylight and in town (Portsmouth) and guess what? no one even noticed!

After reading the advice of others here I brought a pair of heels a bit lower than my usual style and just went for it. After parking up I headed for the ticket machine only to find there was a maintainence man working on one of the machines, at this point I almost backed out but he never flinched even though my heels sounded like a train to me, that just boosted my confidence no end. After that it was all so easy, off through a major department store and away off through the main shopping precinct, checking out all the shoe shops along the way.

I now wonder what all the bother was about and realize that it was all in my own head and nobody out there actualy notices or they can't be bothered!

Once again Thanks to everyone here for the support and information.

Good for you. You'll find that, for the most part, passersby on the street are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to notice or care about a man wearing heels. And even if someone does notice, 99.9% of the time, they won't so much as utter a peep about what they've seen, unless you were to wear something truly outrageous or beyond what society considers normal. But the definition of "normal" depends on the person. As long as you maintain a calm, cool and confident demeanor, you can go far in whatever you choose to wear.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sept181 –

I echo JeffB’s words with one exception, I do regularly wear thigh boots with stiletto heels in public and they do go “beyond what society considers normal” but many people really don’t notice what I’m wearing, and of those that do, I agree with JeffB’s observation that, “99.9% of the time they won't so much as utter a peep about what they've seen”, and of those that do, most offer a complement. Again, as JeffB says, the key is to ”maintain a calm, cool and confident demeanor”

Enjoy your heels and your new found confidence (it works for more than just heeling).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Sept181 –

I echo JeffB’s words with one exception, I do regularly wear thigh boots with stiletto heels in public and they do go “beyond what society considers normal” but many people really don’t notice what I’m wearing, and of those that do, I agree with JeffB’s observation that, “99.9% of the time they won't so much as utter a peep about what they've seen”, and of those that do, most offer a complement. Again, as JeffB says, the key is to ”maintain a calm, cool and confident demeanor”

Enjoy your heels and your new found confidence (it works for more than just heeling).

I too wear stiletto high heels in public and if anything is said verbally to me about them it is almost aways positive. That, along with the inspiration I receive from the members at HHP, is motivation to continue wearing high heels in public. Good luck to you on your future endeavours.

I too echo what Roniheels says and now that you have found what we all here have said so many times, go out and enjoy your new found fun scene to the fullest and let us all know about your public heeling adventures here on this site. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I took a movie back in my 4 inch high heel black ankle boots for the frist time in the light of day.My pant cover all except the pointed toes and a little of the heels. I got out of my car and drop the movies when I bent over and pick them up. I didn't notice but my pant legs came up and you could see I was wearing high heels.I don't know if anybody driving by saw.But for my frist time out in public my heart was racing. So yes this site give me the courage to go out in public

I took a movie back in my 4 inch high heel black ankle boots for the frist time in the light of day.My pant cover all except the pointed toes and a little of the heels. I got out of my car and drop the movies when I bent over and pick them up. I didn't notice but my pant legs came up and you could see I was wearing high heels.I don't know if anybody driving by saw.But for my frist time out in public my heart was racing. So yes this site give me the courage to go out in public

Nice one, i bet your heart was racing mate, but great to hear you did it.

What are your plans now for your next outing??