London Saturday January 4 2003

Calv

Anybody fancy a trip to London this Saturday? So far Xaphod and me are meeting at the usual place - Tottenham Court Road tube station on the Centre Point exit at 11 am. A heely trip to South Kensington, Camden, Oxford Street and Tate Modern is the current menu.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I've got a party in the evening, but could maybe make it for the day. An essential point of call is the New Barretts factory outlet, North side between Faith and TCR but nearer to Faith. Leather shoes at £3 to £12 typially. I just bought some Dewey ankle boots, Fintstone ankle boots, platform loafers, total cost £25.

I'd love to, but I can't make the arrangements. Bah! Why can't we do some Sundays. I know that the shopping hours are shorter, but it's lot easier for me to get away. OK, perhaps I'll try to organise something :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I would certainly like to meet up with some of you sometime, but Saturdays are usually difficult for me. I would definately be in favour of a Sunday meeting in or around London if anyone fancies it.

Quite a coincidence that you are planning to go to Tate Modern on Saturday, as I have been intending to go there this Sunday to catch the last day of the Barnett Newman exhibition. And yes, I will be wearing heels.

Anyway, have a nice time.

• 3 weeks later...

Faith factory outlet store? Pinch me, I'm dreaming, surely to goodness! I'm up for this one, best time for me is a Sunday in March. Oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (gasp) eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I might be in London on either (maybe both if I get accommodation sorted out before then) Friday or Saturday, the first weekend in February. Probably in the Kensington area, but also plan a quick trip up to Camden.

In Kensington High Street, both Dune and Sacha are always a magnet for me (and another that I can never the remember the name of), you also have Nine West and others close by. Reading the stuff on this board will give me the confidence to go on in and actually try stuff on, rather than just looking as I have done in the past. Dune's web site is very disappointing. Faith not much better.

A couple of years ago, I am sure that I used to go inside a huge Barratts branch, in Kensington High Street. I feel sure that it was very close to the Kensington High Street tube station, yet I could not find it when I was in London last March. Am I mistaken, or did it close down sometime? Where are their other branches in that area?

Faith Factory Outlet. Hmm, yes please!

kensington high street has all of the major chains, dune, sacha, office, lk bennet, shellys etc. etc. (same as kings road) the only thing it doesn't have are some of the top end fashion places - gina, jimmy choo, loubertain etc. etc. - these are all either in the big shops (harvey nichols / harrods) or have their own shops nearer nightsbridge

kensington high street has all of the major chains, dune, sacha, office, lk bennet, shellys etc. etc. (same as kings road) the only thing it doesn't have are some of the top end fashion places - gina, jimmy choo, loubertain etc. etc. - these are all either in the big shops (harvey nichols / harrods) or have their own shops nearer nightsbridge

Yeah, but it's not like Sloane street is far from KHS is it, just walk along Kensington Gore (past The Albert Hall and those luxury flats) and you're there, Harvey Nick's is in front and Harrods to your right. You also have Charles Jourdan etc. and Sloane Street for Kurt Geiger, Prada, Patrick Cox, Gucci, and Jimmy Choo etc.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Christian Louboutin always seems to have nice stiletto heels, in courts (pumps), sandals or many kinds, and some various boots, on display in the window. It is a tiny shop somewhat East of Kensington High Street (just continue up K H S, and beyond, looking on the right hand side).

I see, in a recent newspaper, a load of pictures of models wearing Christian Louboutin shoes. They have really thin heels and are all about 5 inches high, the heel is an even width for most of the length, and only flares out close to where they anchor to the sole. They look very nice. However, I don't think that they would be too impressed to have male visitors visiting the shop to try on their stuff; though it's possible maybe we don't know that they might have some rich celebrity secret cross-dressing customers. Ya never know.

HI Jo, I was going to post earlier, but reactivating my old identity on the board proved a bit of a pain. Hope you enjoyed Sacha and Dune ..... there's also a second-hand designer store about 200m up Kensington Church St with lots of shoes. THey certainly know how to charge money though !!! I was up in that part of the world on Wednesday, but I found the range of choice in the sales somewhat limited now.

Anybody heard anything from Calv lately? he didn't post for a while. I hope everything is fine with him and that he found work again.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence