BeBe - Heels a requirement?

CassieJ

When I go to the area malls my wife and I always check out the clothes and shoes at Be Be. I have noticed that all the sales girls there wear heels, and high ones at that. I have wondered if they require their sales staff to wear them? They look great and while many would die to think of spending 8+ hours on their feet in 4-5" heels, I would die for the opportunity. Maybe I should go see if they will hire me for extra work on weekends. Would they make me (a guy) wear heels? I will work for free! Cassie

Funny, I just applied at Aldo yesterday. Brittany told me that they are required to wear Aldo shoes while working, but as you know, they sell Men's shoes and Ladie's flats also. I asked if I could wear heels if hired, and she told me "Yes, I think so. Our weekend guy who closes does from time to time"..!!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Funny,

I just applied at Aldo yesterday. Brittany told me that they are required to wear Aldo shoes while working, but as you know, they sell Men's shoes and Ladie's flats also. I asked if I could wear heels if hired, and she told me "Yes, I think so. Our weekend guy who closes does from time to time"..!!

That would be so cool to walk into a shoe store like Aldos and have a man wait on me wearing heels. Good luck with your new upcoming job Scott.

real men wear heels

Johnie, I have only applied for it now. I'll hear soon, I'm sure. But, unfortunately, not much in the way of sales (especially fashion) in my resume` (mostly manufacturing, machine ops, S&R, and landscaping..). I think I'll have to impress her with shoe knowledge. So, help needed! LOL

Funny,

I just applied at Aldo yesterday. Brittany told me that they are required to wear Aldo shoes while working, but as you know, they sell Men's shoes and Ladie's flats also. I asked if I could wear heels if hired, and she told me "Yes, I think so. Our weekend guy who closes does from time to time"..!!

Cool! I'd visit that store! I was a little surprised when I last bought some Aldos that the sales lady (who didn't bat an eye when I tried on some stilettos) mentioned that the guy working the counter thought he had small feet but I took a size smaller than he was. I forgot that they used the same sizing for both, but it made me wonder if he wore heels too.

Good luck with the application!:o

I think I'll have to impress her with shoe knowledge. So, help needed! LOL

If you get an interview, learn all you can about Aldo and their products. There's nothing worse than interviewing somebody who doesn't have a clue about the company and its products.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

There's nothing worse than interviewing somebody who doesn't have a clue about the company and its products.

Agree entirely. There's at least one thing worse, though: interviewing someone *arrogant* who doesn't know the company :o.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

yeah.. not often you see such a sight! and surprisingly, not as many gals who work there are opposed to the heel wearing either.. interesting. but because i don't wear heels, getting ajob there for the purpose of wearing won't work for me. but if it was a high fashion area where most gals were 'polished' then i'd go for it for the view. RPM

Funny,

Scott...

Good luck on your interview and I hope you get the job. How cool would that be to get to wear high heels all day while on the job. I think you would get positive reactions, too. Keep your fingers crossed.

Go Scott GO!!

When I was in college, a fellow dormer had worked part time in a women's shoe store - I got a charge out of that with the thought of doing the same (never happened)!! I probably would have spent too much time watching the women with the sexy shoes and boots than doing much in the selling department!

It's all about the heel!

Johnie,

I have only applied for it now. I'll hear soon, I'm sure. But, unfortunately, not much in the way of sales (especially fashion) in my resume` (mostly manufacturing, machine ops, S&R, and landscaping..).

I think I'll have to impress her with shoe knowledge. So, help needed! LOL

Call Dr.Shoe. LOL Good luck!

real men wear heels

I am not sure if Bebe has that rule, but I did work for a company Aldo, at a local mall, during my freshman summer vacation from college, and they had the hgih heels and the fun frisky stylish ones. Here's how they sort of done it. #1 We used to pretty much get the heels for 75% off...their cost...and when you work for a palce you kind of get that 'loyalty thing' and want to wear them. #2 they were not required BUt the were 'encouraged' to wear. It's almost like the 'peer pressure' type thing, which sounds crazy but it is, and I ended up, and people do, almost FEEL required to wear them.

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

When I worked at Charles Jourdan as work experience I always wore heels to work. Unfortunately I could not find any of theirs to fit me so I had to wear my own, c'est la vie.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Adeana, I just interviewed at Aldo today. I think I showed up well (no heels, just suit), and learned about the company (thanks for the advice!) before-hand. Employees at this one get a 50% discount off cost, and, like you say, are encouraged to wear any Aldo shoes. I did ask if men were allowed to wear heels, and the manager said "Yes, of course. We want our emplyees to have good first hand knowledge of the shoes they are selling and wearing them always gives good knowledge about them!". How cool is that? BTW, my avatar shoe is one of my Aldo Tequila sandals which I LOVE!

• 2 weeks later...

I to noticed the sales clerks at BEBE are all in high 4-5 inch heels and they manage very well. I have yet to see any slipping of the shoes off or signs of sore feet. I was walking through Macy's the other day and past a Clarins counter when I looked down to see a beautiful pair of black 4 inch stletto pumps discarded and around the other side of the counter was a pretty brunette in a dress and nylons standng with the weight off the balls of the feet. I don't think she would make the cut at BEBE.

Despite having a high-paying, very satisfying corporate job, I am envious of you. I don't care to work in retail but a job where you can be yourself (no expected behavior) and wear heels all day sounds like heaven to me. I would love to win the lottery so I could move somewhere no one knows the current me, and be the heal-wearing me from the start. Start my own company where all of you can come work in your heals, skirts or whatever makes YOU happy. Keep us up to date. Maybe we can come visit you at work if we are traveling through your area. Cassie

Hi Cassie and tex the BEBE shoes are really comfyand the sales clerks agree as well as myself. I have two pair I just recently purchased. The shopping was the best, the sales clerks were extra helpful and very encouraging of my heel weareing. I have found that if you go in and ask for a size then ask if it is ok to try them on they are always glad to help. The sales clerks have all been really amazed at how well I am able to walk in the heels and just say that they really make the look better. Most of the stores especially the ones on the west coast are not new to men in high heels,so just go in and enjoy yourself with some of the best shopping anywhere.

I just noticed this thread... that is so cool Scott. Congrats! :o

Well, I am not sure you said its final yet, but that could be very fun for you to work there. Not the ideal job for many, but I think some of us here, even with the jobs we got trained/educated in for many years to be where we are, have at least a bit of envy for you. :-?

Thanks HH! It was kind of a "hunch" deal when I was in the store a month back picking up my Tequilas. After talking with Brittany, she made it sound so cool! It will be (in September, I was told) 1-2 nights per week, out by 8PM (meaning, straight to go clubbing!). Makes up for 4 x 12 hour landscaping days the rest of the week! First day there, I'll be sure to take pics..LOL