Who wears toenail polish (besides me, I mean!)

red shoes

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did my toes in red tonight. I also did my little pinky in matching red, I keep the nail on that finger longer than the rest. I had a nice compliment from the cashier at the supermarket tonight after she handed me my change she saw my little finger in red and said that it was a nice look that it matched my pedicure which was very visible because I was wearing my Naturalizer wedge sandals 3" heels with a pair of black capri jeans and a bright red polo shirt which matched the color of my polish on my toes and little finger. bluejay

I almost always wear polish on my toes and fingers. As I type I have a french style pedicure and manicure going. White tips with a nude shade of Essie. Sometimes I wear different colors as well.

post-8846-133522950939_thumb.jpg

post-8846-133522950952_thumb.jpg

post-8846-133522950972_thumb.jpg

I normally wear toe nail polish but I usually choose either darker grey/black/blues, or I do very subtle colors (those that are close to skin color). However, occasionally I do get a bit more daring and wear dark red, I really like this color, but definitely gets more attention than I really like :irked: The attached is cropped from photos of myself I posted here last year.

post-12379-133522951016_thumb.jpg

post-12379-133522951018_thumb.jpg

I almost always wear polish on my toes and fingers. As I type I have a french style pedicure and manicure going. White tips with a nude shade of Essie. Sometimes I wear different colors as well.

That french pedicure you have is really nice, I might have to do that one next. :irked:

Thank you hhboots. I am sporting the french/white tips style at the moment as our office lets us wear sandals during the summer so I go with a conservative look to avoid any problems with the job. I wonder how many wear colors to their workplace without trouble?

Recently got a new silver color from Milani that I really like, it shines almost as much as my toe rings :irked: This color might be my new favorite. Sorry its a bit blurry, had to use my crappy cell phone camera. I'm a bit self conscious about my feet, I don't have the straightest toes in the world. Believe it or not, I've had that problem since I was a kid, long before I even touched heels. :smile:

post-12379-133522951826_thumb.jpg

Thank you hhboots. I am sporting the french/white tips style at the moment as our office lets us wear sandals during the summer so I go with a conservative look to avoid any problems with the job. I wonder how many wear colors to their workplace without trouble?

i do......but i also own my own business......so im not sure that really counts......lol

I wear polish on my toes most of the time, red, gold, purple, green. Going for some cobalt blue next, if I can find the right colour. Nobody has ever mentioned or even seemed to have noticed that I wear polish when I go outside. I must admit that I don't wear heels outside but just a pair of men's sandals whenever possible, much to the OH's annoyance. She certainly wouldn't allow finger nails to be painted but she's ok-ish with toes, so I'm fairly lucky. The rest of the family just roll their eyes and ask what's this weeks colour.

I wear polish on my toes most of the time, red, gold, purple, green. Going for some cobalt blue next, if I can find the right colour.

Nobody has ever mentioned or even seemed to have noticed that I wear polish when I go outside. I must admit that I don't wear heels outside but just a pair of men's sandals whenever possible, much to the OH's annoyance. She certainly wouldn't allow finger nails to be painted but she's ok-ish with toes, so I'm fairly lucky.

why is that?

have you ever even talked about it?

go out one day and get them done.......dont tell her about it......then see what she says

im willing to bet she may not be a fan at first.......but over a weekend will probably come to like them

The rest of the family just roll their eyes and ask what's this weeks colour.

thats because they are jealous of the fact you arent afraid to try something considered a bit "taboo" and can pull it off

Last Sunday I applied a new coat of my favorite red color from Sally Hanson collection to my toes. I first went to church as usual on Sunday morning. I wore my white flat shoes with white pants and a royal blue camp shirt. No showing of the new polish at church. After church I changed to my Naturalizer white mule type sandals with a 3" block heel with full open toes. I first went to the supermarket to do some shopping for the Labor Day holiday. The first encounter was with the head cashier who knows that I wear heels. She always looks to see what shoes I am wearing, but I don't think that she has seen my red polished toes before. She looked and smiled and said she liked the look of my feet. That compliment did great to boost my ego for the start.I spent about 15 minutes shopping no negative comments just a couple of stares from people looking at my feet. I next traveled to Walmart nearby to do some shopping in the cosmetic section and food section. I walked in was greeted with a smile from the woman greeter who has also seen me in heels before. I was browsing in the camera section when I heard a comment in a male voice, saying there's a sharp dresser. I turned around and saw it was a couple (40ish) with their son about 12 from my church. I had only exchanged a good morning with them at church in the past. I did not know their names only knew their faces as regular Sunday church goers. I noticed the wife staring down at my feet. She looked at me sort of bewilderd. I also noticed she was wearing a more maroon shade of polish on her toes. The next statement came from her husband who said that I admire you for having the courage to have a pedicure and wearing the red color. He stated that he has had pedicures in the past with only clear polish. I told him that I always wear clear on my toes and fingers but really like the red color on sometimes on my toes especially in summer. Then the wife commented that she thought my look was good especially with the heeled shoes I was wearing. We started to talk about digital cameras and that concluded the conversation. I bid them a great day and said I'll see you in church next Sunday. After I picked up all the items I needed I went to the check-out line. In line was another member of my church whom I knew by face only. We were wearing the same color combinations and she remarked that we matched. I stepped to the side of my cart so she could see my feet and said that our toes did not match colors. She had a pale shade of pink polish on. She said that she liked the red on me. I took that as another compliment. We exchanged first names so the next time I see her at church I will be able to greet her by name. She told me that her husband had died last year and I had brightened her day for her. I told her see you next Sunday either at church or Walmart. Nice outing on a Sunday morning wearing heels with polished toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bluejay

Hi well I must say i tried nail polish on my toes a few weeks back a metalic mauve color and it looked really nice my feet actually looked much nicer my wife even comented nicely when I showed her them she actually liked them sadly I dont think others would approve . stevey2

why is that?

have you ever even talked about it?

go out one day and get them done.......dont tell her about it......then see what she says

im willing to bet she may not be a fan at first.......but over a weekend will probably come to like them

thats because they are jealous of the fact you arent afraid to try something considered a bit "taboo" and can pull it off

Hi scott_f,

I don't know why she doesn't like it, but I have worn some clear polish and it was very quickly spotted. I got the clear impression it wasn't approved!

Maybe she feels it's a step too far.

I'm not going to push it again just yet, but may try later with some more clear and take it from there. I have found the slowly slowly approach works best in these situations, and let the idea grow slowly and gain acceptance.

H.

Hi

well I must say i tried nail polish on my toes a few weeks back a metalic mauve color and it looked really nice

my feet actually looked much nicer

my wife even comented nicely when I showed her them

she actually liked them

sadly I dont think others would approve .

stevey2

Hi stevey2,

I would go for it if you both like it. I was a bit shy at first exposing my toes to the wider family, but I've had no negative comments so far.

They don't even seem to be that bothered when we're in public, they've been quite happy walking around the beach, garden centres, pubs and shopping centres. Like the rest of the general public they only seem to notice when I mention it or draw their attention to them.

H.

Hi scott_f,

I don't know why she doesn't like it, but I have worn some clear polish and it was very quickly spotted. I got the clear impression it wasn't approved!

Maybe she feels it's a step too far.

I'm not going to push it again just yet, but may try later with some more clear and take it from there. I have found the slowly slowly approach works best in these situations, and let the idea grow slowly and gain acceptance.

H.

wasnt approved?

are you living for yourself or to please other people?

there are plenty of people who probably dont "approve" of what i am doing or have done.......but that doesnt matter to me at all

wasnt approved?

are you living for yourself or to please other people?

there are plenty of people who probably dont "approve" of what i am doing or have done.......but that doesnt matter to me at all

Ouch, that's a bit sharp!

In general I agree with you, but there are times, especially with the nearest and dearest, that you have to compromise otherwise the atmosphere gets too uncomfortable. I get away with most things, so I can't complain.

As I have said previously, I will just have to take it a step at a time and this weekend I had one of those steps. I had bought myself some new colours and painted a couple of fingers to check the colour and ended up wearing it all weekend.

Ouch, that's a bit sharp!

dont take it that way......im not trying to be a dick or anything......just asking you the same thing i would anybody else.....and the same question ive asked myself at times

In general I agree with you, but there are times, especially with the nearest and dearest, that you have to compromise otherwise the atmosphere gets too uncomfortable. I get away with most things, so I can't complain.

but compromise is a 2 way street

if you like something and the wife doesnt......you not doing it because she doesnt like it......isnt compromise

an example........your wife doesnt like you playing poker with your buddies 3 nights a week......but she knows its something you enjoy........so she compromises by saying she has a problem with you playing 3 nights a week......but not 1 night a week

what type of things do you "get away with?" and more importantly how does the wife feel about them?

As I have said previously, I will just have to take it a step at a time and this weekend I had one of those steps. I had bought myself some new colours and painted a couple of fingers to check the colour and ended up wearing it all weekend.

and what did your wife say about that?

if she said nothing.......its obviously not as big of a deal to her as you think

is she said she didnt like it......but you still did it anyway......that goes back to my original point about doing whatever you wanna do to make yourself happy

if she liked it......or even indrectly hinted at that......you win

take all of this with a grain of salt........im not trying to beat you up here at all.......so please dont take any of this the wrong way........but im just trying to express a point ive been trying to get across to guys about things like this for years now

Sandal wearing is over at work so I changed things up a bit and went with black this time, foregoing the more conservative french style. I am also sporting my Kenneth Cole Unlisted strappy sandal heels that I have never worn.

post-8846-13352295531_thumb.jpg

post-8846-133522955328_thumb.jpg

post-8846-133522955347_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Sandal wearing is over at work so I changed things up a bit and went with black this time, foregoing the more conservative french style. I am also sporting my Kenneth Cole Unlisted strappy sandal heels that I have never worn.

I don't often compliment guys' feet lol... but you do have nice feet, and the color and the sandals work well together on you.

I don't often compliment guys' feet lol... but you do have nice feet, and the color and the sandals work well together on you.

Well thank you hhboots. I usually think my feet look horrible but I guess we are all our worst critic. I haven't painted my nails in a while so maybe it is time to break out the polish again.

Oh yes definatly! I love the reds and pink colors on my toe nails. It's funny though, I have my nail lady give me pedicures w/ polish and she has made the comment that mens feet are so much nicer and have a better shape than most females. So I had to secretly compare my feet to my wifes and she is right! I have better looking feet than my wifes especially with polished toes! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny though, I have my nail lady give me pedicures w/ polish and she has made the comment that mens feet are so much nicer and have a better shape than most females.

Hi,

No surprises - a side effect of wearing sexy shoes can be bunions and other deformaties...the very pointy toed pumps being the worst culprit in my mind. Men don't typically have these styles, or the desire to wear them.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

• 4 weeks later...

I do also, especially during the summer "sandal season." I always wear at least a clear coat and sometimes go with a very light shade of white or pink. My feeling is, if you are going to wear sandals - especailly womens sandals/heels in public, your feet should look nice!!

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Thank you legs77777 for the compliment but reds and pinks are hardly boring either. Just more common a color or used to be. I would say clear or none at all would be more boring, LOL. I like rich blues and purples as well. SF - I agree with you completely. If you are going to expose your feet and wear sandals of any form, male or female, you should take care of your feet and make sure they look nice and neat. Unfortunately, most men and even some women fail to follow this recommendation. *sigh*

Somehow I did not think to look in this department but this is an interesting subject. Anyway made it no secret that I been wearing compression hose lately but just about any time I go without it I do my toenails in black. That is about the most non-girly color that I can think of. And I will be showing my toes because the swelling condition comes and goes and when it comes I do not need to wear compression hose every day and I do have some nice sandals that I like.