International Shipping at E-Bay

CAn anyone please explain to me why a lot of US sellers will not ship internationally. I really can't figure this one out..... I pay the shipping, they get the money before they post the package, they have to go to the post office to post the parcel... So what is the difference in putting an international address on the parcel??? Beats me :smile: Debbie

This is a platform free shoe zone!

Customs duty shouldn't be an issue if it concerns second-hand goods.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

I sell on Ebay and I ship internationally. However, it can be a hassle. Shipping rates are very expensive to many countries and many buyers want to dispute the rates. Also, there is additional paperwork to be completed for shipping, including customs forms, etc. For many of us who use US Priority Mail where boxes and shipping materials is furnished by the US Postal Service, these boxes cannot be used, so special boxes have to be obtained to mail overseas. So, there is additional expenses and time required for shipping to international bidders. I do ship internationally. Check out my auctions at: http://ebaystores.com/id=12116879

• 1 month later...

I have been buying and selling shoes on ebay internationally and me experiense of the seller who douldent ship worldwide. They vary often say it is many who place their bid and dont pay, mostly outside country bidders. And yes the shipping rate is often very expensive, but differ a lot. For example, I live in Sweden, shipping from USA is 9 dollar (approx 8-9 euro), I bought boots a couple of days ago) via surface shipping. I was interested in a pair of boots in Germany and the shipping was there 16 euro (over 2kg). So it can be more expensive to ship from the USA then inside Europe, interesting. Yes, the custom taxes are horrible, I know. Well, anyhow have I made good contact with some of the sellers in USA so the did ship to me in Sweden even if the normally wouldent, so I think its a bit up to the situation and person, it never hurt to ask. Well, it was my little experience.

Strike one against the global economy!!! Jet fuel is not that cheep ether.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

On 2002-03-26 22:06, Beeblebrox wrote:

I have been buying and selling shoes on ebay internationally and me experiense of the seller who douldent ship worldwide. They vary often say it is many who place their bid and dont pay, mostly outside country bidders.

Yep, I sometimes had to offer them some extra cash to cover the risk for not paying in case they were initally not too interesting in shipping abroad.

And yes the shipping rate is often very expensive, but differ a lot. For example, I live in Sweden, shipping from USA is 9 dollar (approx 8-9 euro), I bought boots a couple of days ago) via surface shipping. I was interested in a pair of boots in Germany and the shipping was there 16 euro (over 2kg). So it can be more expensive to ship from the USA then inside Europe, interesting.

Yep, that pisses me off too... Shipping from Finland is the same kind of thing. From Germany on the other hand, you have a lot of choice in shippers, like German Parcel etc., while here your only option is actually the post office.

Yes, the custom taxes are horrible, I know.

It's daylight robbery.

Well, anyhow have I made good contact with some of the sellers in USA so the did ship to me in Sweden even if the normally wouldent, so I think its a bit up to the situation and person, it never hurt to ask.

Copy that, I have done that too. Just ask and be friendly and usually it works, to Europe at least. If you're living in a rogue state you may need some convincing arguments :smile:

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

• 2 weeks later...

There is of course the opposite problem: If you were to buy something from a seller who is in another country, then it would be an easy matter not to send the item after receiving the cash! This has happened to me.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I only got one problem so far. A US guy asked me to order a pair of tower Buffalo boots (30cm platforms). He paid everything and after 3 months I finaly got the custom boots delivered. I send them to him but after 2 weeks he still didn't get them. After an enquiry I discovered the parcel had been in Chicago O'Hare, turned back by customs for an unknown reason, arrived back in Belgium and disappeared without trace from a post office it wasn't supposed to pass through. It took me 30 phone calls and 10 letters during a full year to get the insurance to pay back half the worth of the declared package (they say they did get it to the US), plus the shipping costs. After more than a year I was glad to be able to send (early this week) that guy a money order of what the insurance paid. I hope he will get that letter soon. That's why I was a little afraid starting the "for sale" section on my website but so far all packages (about 30) have arrived (even in Poland which seems a miracle) and all my customers are satisfied. I'm still crossing my fingers when anything is sent across the big pond again.

PS: That US guy is still friendly and understands it wasn't my fault but I am still very embarassed about it.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-04-10 02:22 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence