Ballet heels on TV!

Joak

Hi folks,

there was a report about the a new fahion - the ballet heels - in the german television (www.sat1.de). They also offered a try on in fromt of a shopping mall - well, but just the moderartor was able to walk well (very well!!) in them. It's worth to take a look even if it's german language! Here's the link for the Clip itself:

http://www.sat1.de/blitz/videopopcontent.hbs?id=286797

Hope you like it too!

best wishes

Joak :lol:

http://www.joak.org/

Hello, I took another look on the techie stuff, the best working direct link for the real player should be: rtsp://video.sat1.de/ondemand/blitz/absatz2512.rm For downloading you may try some software like the Streamvox VCR. best wishes Joak

Hrm, ballet heels turning mainstream? Doubtfull, but maybe they will become a bit more common. I did think it was quite cool that they even got a guy to try them out on camera, too bad they didnt run into someone who already owns a pair and could move around without problems. I wonder if any US tv stations are planning to snag this idea.. :lol: Have a good one Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

All I can say is WOW!! :( I've never seen ballet heels in mainstream media at all here in the US!! Not to mention a try-on at a mall!!! Being the owner and wearer of a pair of ballet heels myself, I am VERY impressed by the abilities of the moderator! She walks so easliy in them!! Makes it look like they're actually easy to wear! Fact is they're very challenging and painful on the toes if they're not built really strong in the toe box. On the pair I have, the toe box collapses real easy requiring lots of padding for wearing more than a few minutes. :lol: If anyone here can post the clip with english sub-titles I'm sure those of us who don't speak German would be GREATLY appreciative! Happy heeling!!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Well english subtitles are an problem - I just can write/post a script was was spoken if anyone would like to know.

For a real subtitle you need to edit the RealMedia format - I don't know how, the other chance is to convert it to AVI, but this is also not working fine, now. On the other hand you'd also need a video editing fotware which is cabable to add the subtitles....

Joak

http://www.joak.org

All I can say is WOW!! :(

I've never seen ballet heels in mainstream media at all here in the US!! Not to mention a try-on at a mall!!!

Being the owner and wearer of a pair of ballet heels myself, I am VERY impressed by the abilities of the moderator! She walks so easliy in them!! Makes it look like they're actually easy to wear! Fact is they're very challenging and painful on the toes if they're not built really strong in the toe box. On the pair I have, the toe box collapses real easy requiring lots of padding for wearing more than a few minutes. :lol:

If anyone here can post the clip with english sub-titles I'm sure those of us who don't speak German would be GREATLY appreciative!

Happy heeling!!

Sorry, Shoeiee I never said they were on sale, I just said it would be good if they were and how entertaining it would be watching the girls trying to walk in them!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Is it just me or was anyone else ever so slightly misled by the forum title here :lol: ? But I'd like to see them on sale in Barratts too (nice one, Dr. Shoe) or, failing that, anywhere with reasonable prices! I don't think we'll see them in the mainstream soon, tho', but you never know (crosses fingers) :(

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Not many would be able to wear them when first trying them on. I think that the shoes will remain a specialty item. Why? Well... despite showing them on television, they seem far too different from the normality of current footwear trends. Taking an item that most people have never heard of, and making it mainstream, is never easy. There is a fetish tag attached to such footwear, of course. And as we all know, sometimes it is not the object, but what the object is associated with, that makes it unappealing. Would I try them? Yes! Would they sell them in my size in local shops? I doubt it! This would certainly get in the way of my purchasing a pair. I wanted to buy a pair of boots three years ago, with about a two and a half inch heel, a thicker one, and they were wonderful, lace up, just great. And I asked for a size ten, and the girls looked confused, and then said "sorry, we only carry up to size 9". The look I gave her as I turned and walked away really made her uncomfortable. And of course, for heels higher than three inches, I prefer a size 11. I think if this was a trend and the shoes available in regular Canadian stores, I would still miss out. Okay, I just realized that I am ranting now. I should go be productive.

Ok, Ok, Ok, I begin by begging pardon, assuming that this post makes it past the moderators (Hi, Laurie btw :( ) Laurieheels wrote: Okay, I just realized that I am ranting now. I should go be productive. -I wish you went away for a moment to (perhaps) be REproductive instead... :lol: The world really need more people of your salt and grain. My sincere regards, TallSwede

Well, yes, Laurie, That was the thought that crossed my mind... You seem to have found a nice partner (unless I have misread all the threads really horribly, and if so I deeply apologize for any embarrassment). As I wrote earlier, you seem to be a very special person, and I believe that you are one of those who can make a lasting contribution to humanity, perhaps by raising children who inherit your spirit and keep the flame alive. As I feel my (probable) pneumonia making me more and more dizzy I am not sure when I can make the next readable post here, so I use this early moment to wish you all: -A Happy New Year!!!! :drinking: :sleeping: :lol: TallSwede

Chris, children are the greatest blessing in this life--you will believe this when they are adults. I concur with the tallswede, give Laurie a chance to see the fruition of her genes too, especially with you!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Three.........??? :( Well as time goes by Laurie may have one, Just keep it at one. The little bugers cost to much :lol:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Now Chris, you do need to mention that two are your step children, after all. It seems the public is making us into celebrities, and the scandal sheets are out! Everyone, this is how it is. I tried to avoid this subject a bit for a reason. A very depressing reason. I found out in my early, well, early to mid twenties, that I would never be able to have a child. First it was medical suspicion, and as time went by it was confirmed. I am not willing to discuss it, I don't need this being an issue for commentary, debate, or sympathy. I don't need to drag everything out into the open here. Let's just put it like this. I have a chance to make a difference in a certain little girl's life, and right now, this matters more than genetics. Now, as moderator, I expect that we will get back to the subject at hand, and stay on topic here.

Has any one figured how to down load the video clip yet? :lol: I would like to save it. Also any kind of transcript would be nice. I would like to know what is being said.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Ok...Now that I got the StreamBox and it works nicely (though it was not recommended to down load for any one who lives in the U.S. do to copy right laws) Does any one know of a program that will clean up the picture when you enlarge it from the original size?