How many pairs do you own?

boundy1234

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I consider myself a very beginner heeler and have so far only 4 pairs of high-heeled shoes, all acquired within the last several months: - 6,5cm/2,5'' block heel brown oxfords - 10cm/4'' stacked heel rust-colored closed toe clogs -- these are my favorites - 13cm/5'' stiletto heel beige ankle boots with 1cm/0,5'' platform -- it requires still more practice to walk on these - 12cm/4,5'' very chunky heel 70's style cork-soled 4cm/1,5'' platforms, open toe slingback sandals -- these go very well with hippie-like outfit I'm trying to not acquire very many shoes, but only those that i absolutely can't resist, are not too "feminine" (for me), and can be considered for public heeling at least for special occasions. My wife has to like them too. Also i'd like to try different styles of heels, e.g. i'm now looking for nice soft-looking wedges, oxfords or loafers. Most pumps, mary janes, mules, and sandals wouldn't go for me, but i like to choose them for my wife ;-) Happy Heeling :w00t2: k6ps

I may have posted before here but I suppose an update can be an easy excuse. In barely 7 months I have bought 10. twin strap Mary Janes (asda) (4") now retired -too tight Calf length boots (4") Kneehigh boots (1" platform 5" later lifted to 5 1/3) low platform sandals (peacocks) (1/2" Platform 5") Black patent courts/pumps (newlook) (4 1/4") Ankle boots (peacocks) (4") rubbish too soft arch -heel folded Ankle boots (clarks) (3 1/2) knee boots (river island) (4") brown hidden platform courts (New look) (4 3/4) stack heel courts (new look) (3/4 plat 5 1/4) Must sit down and do a "group" photo. Apart from the sandals and the last two pairs of courts on the list I have worn out either enroute to work during the last 7 weeks of walking or around towns, did try to go in the browns but kept stepping out so 100yards and bailed out so to speak. During the walking period some have been reheeled twice. Just mastering the stack heels which were the last addition into my gallery Al

I own four pairs (all black), purchased in the past 3 or 4 months. My partner has been great about it since i told her last year, so we go window shopping for shoes regularly now. I'd like to have the courage to walk into a store myself one day and ask to try some on!!

Let's hope you all aren't wearing those heels! Anyway my mom has a bunch of shoes.

What are you talking about? Most of the guys that are members here, and say they own high heels, wear them. Why else would they buy them? :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have ten pairs mostly wedge platform sandals all are approximately 4 inches with a 1 inch platform. I have two pairs of wedge heeled clogs at about 4 inches high. I also have one pair of 6inch black mules and one pair of 7 inch platform mules in white. No boots as of yet, but who knows I am not done shopping.

I have one pair of knee-high leather boots (about 3 ½ inches), one pair of 3 inches black leather pumps and red pumps (man made leather) with about 2 ½ heels. All those heels were buyed online, for the next pair I'll try them before I buy. I'll get more of what fits for my feet. (I wear size 10 or 11 in girls size).

Well, if we just look at the present moment, I have 6 pair. However, if I still had all the ones I bought and only wore a couple times beofre passing them on, the number would likely be well over 100. The difficult part is storing them somewhere that family members won't find (I am not out about my heeling). So most often they are purchased, worn a few times, and then, as I have taken to doing these days, I will toss them in to a Salvation Army (or other used clothing collection) box. That way, at least someone else gets to enjoy what are typically like new shoes. I am always curious as to how many of my gently used heels end up with other males. I know the second hand shops I visit with some regularity most often do not have much in the way of large sizes. But someone is getting my hand me downs!

I think about 30 pairs all told, most of them stiletto boots. Heels range from 4" - 5", apart from one pair of six inch stripper platforms which my GF unexpectedly liked. I had more but recently had a minor purge to reduce the numbers a bit. I am now making an effort *not* to buy any more, but we know how hard that is!

I have 8 pairs of high heel boots - ankle to knee high, cowboy to fashion. 5 pair of wedge sandals over 3". 7 pair of pumps over 3" 6 pair of high heel sandals over 3". And if it counts: over 20 pair of ladies sandals with heels under 3" to flat. And 3 pair of clogs with 2 1/2" heels

This thread made me go to my closet and take inventory. 64 pairs in all. Pumps, sandals, slingbacks, platforms, clogs and some fetish heels. Probably 5 pairs are my favorites right now, but I'm always going back to the closet to wear some old favs on a rainy day. Finally got my first pair of Louboutins about 3 months ago. They will probably be my #1 pair for a while, but you never know. I'm absolutely in love with the black patent YSL Tribute pump, but I don't have a spare $900 at the moment. My Louboutins were the equivalent of 2 car payments.

...My Louboutins were the equivalent of 2 car payments.

Greatings Lance :-)

This is indeed quite a fair amount of money. I guess you will take great care of them !

Since I don't own any Louboutins, may I ask you if the spending is really worthed ?

I know they look very nice and are well made but are they also more comfortable ?

Are they easier to walk compared to another similar looking/shape shoes ?

Happy heeling !

Mickey can't wear heels anymore, so we cleaned out her closet and donated 38 pairs of high heeled size 5, brand new in the boxes, of her heels to a consignment shop. Needless to say, the lady that owns the shop was ecstatic to get them. Now she is looking at getting some ballet flats to wear. And I have been measured for a leg brace for my left leg to match the one on my right leg. Maybe I may be looking at some ballet flats for me, who knows. Only time will tell. Cheers--- Dawn HH Mickey68

High Heeled Boots Forever!

off topic; 7000 posts? thats alot...

Off topic: Looks like you only need to post 7381 more...:winkiss: (And only 7091 for me...)

Lets say that Dawn HH (7406 posts), Bubba136 (7102 posts) and Dr.Shoes (6129 posts) are in a special group.

The closest member in rank #4 is Firefox with 3946 posts...

At the moment about, nine pairs dating back to 1974. Only buy heels now when they are the ones I really want, wasted so much time and money in the past, must have bought about 50-70 pairs, worn them in seceret then thrown them away, have now learned a lesson.

life is not a rehearsal

wasted so much time and money in the past, must have bought about 50-70 pairs, worn them in seceret then thrown them away, have now learned a lesson.

i know the feeling..... over the course of the past 20 years, i must have purchased over 100 pairs of shoes... but throughout my teens and twenties have thrown out so many convincing myself that i'm strange and that i can live without them.....

• 3 weeks later...

2 pair of Domina pleaser 1 pair Mercy pumps 1 pair ILCIT pumps peep toe 1 pair Bitchin sandals 1 pair of Derange ankle boot 1 pair of Amsterdam boots 1 pair of Ballet heels 1 Pair Ellies 8260 1 pair Platforms clear 1 pair of platforms white 1 pair of Brazil pumps 1 pair of steel heel pumps Heel height is between 5 inch and up :winkiss:

HighHeelsForLife :-)

Well to be honest I not tried counting them for a very long time, I had compiled a list a few years ago now and it was topping 300+ back then and I have not stopped adding more to my collection so I would estimate 400+ to be on the safe side, if I could find the time I would count them to be sure but part of me does not really want to know, well thats about how many now to move onto what type, well they are all boots of nearly every style, colour and heel height that you could think of. I have considered taking pictures of them and posting them on this site.....so if anyone has a request for a boot picture then I can see if I have some of the requested style to post.

• 1 month later...

Bad Robot, you've got me beat by a long shot. I will say they have been accumulating for me. Today I finally decided to get all of them out, and I counted them. I have 62 pairs that all came from the "ladies' section. I only have 7 that are bona fide "mens". I think I'll go try each and every one of them on because I can. ;)

post-2079-133522886444_thumb.jpg

post-2079-133522886447_thumb.jpg