My Weekend Experiment

shyguy

This past Saturday a friend of mine was visiting for a barbecue, and catching up. We did our usual chat session, a ride on our motorcycles, and then I fired the barbie up, and got changed. I slipped on a pair of my wifes sandals, not high heels, but definitely womens sandals, and went out to start cooking. My friend obviously noticed, but said nothing, and then the day just went as normal. My daughter came in with her friend, both teens but not a word was said by them either. I spent several hours barbecueing, and in the garden with the sandals on but nothing said by anyone.:thumbsup:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

My friend obviously noticed, but said nothing, and then the day just went as normal. My daughter came in with her friend, both teens but not a word was said by them either. I spent several hours barbecueing, and in the garden with the sandals on but nothing said by anyone.:thumbsup:

They were too embarassed 'cos the back of your skirt was tucked into your knickers. B):wink1:

Hmmm.

Levity aside ... shyguy = not-so-shy-guy. (As I keep saying.)

I think this was waaay more than an experiment. It's more of a (rather profound) statement. You've obviously made a decision. :smile:

How did your partner (sorry, couldn't resist) feel about your, ummm, statement?

FWIW, I'm truly impressed. Actually, I'm slightly in awe of your bravery. As attractive as wearing womens shoes around family seems, I just can't see it for me. Sadly.

So, impressed and jealous then ...... :wink:

Here are the sandals in question for the curious (and nosy :smile: ). Just as an aside I missed the chance to wear these in public recently when we were going out to a country show. I was wearing some 3/4 length trousers, but didn't have any suitable footwear. My wife suggested wearing these but knowing her prejudice I thought she was joking / teasing and would retract the offer if I said ok. I asked after the event and she said she would have been ok with me wearing them to that show. Shoulda woulda coulda :thumbsup: One other thing of note, when we bought these for my wife a few years ago, they went missing in her wardrobe for about a year. The straps were pinching her feet as she walked. I told her we'd paid good money, and if she didn't wear them I would. She then wore them and soon they stretched and were her most comfortable pair of sandals.

post-280-133522861132_thumb.jpg

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Ah, yes. Comfortable slides. I have worn similar pairs of slides for years. Most of mine these days have 3" or 4" wedge heels. I usually wear them at the beach with t-shirts and shorts (bare feet). Wear them everywhere. Only get noticed (as far as I can tell) when we're standing in a line at a restaurant waiting for a table. But, never had any negative reaction.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Those are nice sandals, but the reason that they didn't notice is because they are quite masculine looking. I have seen high-end men's sandals in stores such as Cole Haan that are quite similar. If order to appear feminine in a low heel like that, the sandals would have to be "strappy" with thin straps.

Jamie

Here are the sandals in question for the curious (and nosy :smile: ).

Just as an aside I missed the chance to wear these in public recently when we were going out to a country show. I was wearing some 3/4 length trousers, but didn't have any suitable footwear. My wife suggested wearing these but knowing her prejudice I thought she was joking / teasing and would retract the offer if I said ok. I asked after the event and she said she would have been ok with me wearing them to that show.

Shoulda woulda coulda :thumbsup:

One other thing of note, when we bought these for my wife a few years ago, they went missing in her wardrobe for about a year. The straps were pinching her feet as she walked. I told her we'd paid good money, and if she didn't wear them I would. She then wore them and soon they stretched and were her most comfortable pair of sandals.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

agreed, not bitching but theyre unisex, and i do appreciate that becos they were "hers" you felt better for it - done the same myself in a past life. At least its a start, next barby, go up a bit until youre happy !! A good chef and plenty of vino make for loosening of minds and attitudes !!

Masculine looking or femme looking doesn't matter. At least you did what you wanted to wearing them when and where you wanted and enjoyed doing it. Congrats---you are moving along nicely in your progress.:o Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!