NYC Heel Meet - 26 july 2008

Arctic

Posted Image

Welcome to the NYC heelmeet on July 26, 2008!

The exact place has not yet been determined, but the flyer will be updated as we nail down the details so the picture above will always be correct.

I suggest to meet on 5th ave, close to where all the fashion action is. For example near the NY City Public Library.

Objective of the day is to meet people who enjoy seeing and wearing high heeled shoes, and appreciate intelligent company with similar interest.

We welcome all tolerant people male and female.

Possible agenda:

1) a fresh beer or cocktail to get started

2) a stroll along 5th ave

3) high heel retail transations

4) wining and dining

5) NYC nightlife

Welcome!

Posted Image

Posted Image

What's all the fuss about?

I'll definitely catch up with you guys later on in the day (7-8 pm) as I already have plans on Saturday. It's nice to see someone else take initiative to schedule a meet. :thumbsup:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

My advise is to go comfortable with the heels, unless you have decades of all-day high heel wearing, I'd be "conservative" if you intend to walk home. Wearing 4" for a day is plenty of fun. Except for the very few, 5-ish" heels for a whole day with many miles to walk is the equivalent of eating an entire wedding cake by yourself. The images that didn't show up in the original post are attached to this post as well!

post-209-13352286105_thumb.jpg

post-209-133522861055_thumb.jpg

post-209-133522861059_thumb.jpg

I will be driving. Why? do you need a lift?

No, no lift needed, thanks though. I won't be able to show up until dinner time.

I was just thinking that you guys should visit Girls Love Shoes on The Lower East Side/Chinatown, which you could easily drive to. The store owner Zia Ziprin is 100% supportive of men in heels, as seen somewhere in the comments section of the heelsformen myspace page. Even if you don't wind up buying anything, you might find the trip to meet Zia in it of itself a memorable experience.

Ultimately how you get there, whether by car or train, really doesn't matter anyway.

I was just thinking that you guys should visit Girls Love Shoes

Now that is the kind of info we need more of. People with NYC shopping experience, throw them on the table here, and we can set up a tour a few days before the "event".

If shoe shopping during the meet is what you want to do:

1. Saks--remember the dedicated Zip Code for their shoe department

2. Claro Shoes

3. Union Square area--DSW Shoe Warehouse....Nine West and Aldo also nearby

• 2 weeks later...

So far we have 4 attendees that I know of that have confirmed their attendance: 1. Arctic 2. StilettoScott 3. Gary0618 4. kneehighs--dinner time and after is anyone else interested in visiting with us?

Let's see who still jumps on board! Here you got an impression of where exactly we will meet - it'll be in this neighborhood. I had some business to conduct just on that street corner a few days ago!

post-209-133522862587_thumb.jpg

post-209-133522862594_thumb.jpg

It's always refreshing to meet a person new to The City. There's always a romantic undertone to the skyscraper, a romantic overtone to the smell from the subway grates and an artistic excellence ascribed to the most blase of all experiences from the hot dog vendor to the yellow cab. I love the enthusiasm. :o

You won't often hear me quote Madonna (the pop star), but since I live around here, "... I don't like cities, but I like New York..." really resonates. It's always been nice to visit here, but the place continues to impress me after several months. A fresh picture from yesterday's Times Square, we were out with my wife and the kids (baby and 3 yo).

post-209-133522862603_thumb.jpg

So far we have 4 attendees that I know of that have confirmed their attendance:

1. Arctic

2. StilettoScott

3. Gary0618

4. kneehighs--dinner time and after

is anyone else interested in visiting with us?

Bootking also expressed interest!

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/real_life_meetings/10947-anyone_new_england_willing.html

Quick update from the field! The number of participants turned out to be lower than expected, but morale is high! Weather is great 25C/75F, and we have visited Battery Park, Chistopher street, the NY library, and now at 45th street on 5th ave. Time to refuel before the fashion section kicks in! I will post a picture every now and then on share.ovi.com/boots in the heelmeetny 2008 channel.

10pm soon... I am the last man standing, and my feet are getting tired. Still gonna try my new harleys! Time to go home. Quickly gonna eat something here, then on the subway to Battery park and then driving home. I will post still a few pics on share.ovi.com/boots.

Arctic, You're awsome buddy! You know the deal with me...yesterday didn't live up to the hype. Here's a pic of my day yesterday. Made it about halfway. Tow driver was actually kinda funny about my ordeal, and took this great pic to sum up my not-so-glorious day....:o Only good thing was during the 5+ hours I was at the shop, I never changed back into my regular shoes. The 3 people at the garage I saw all day didn't seem to notice. Except the tow drive, who seemed to be amused. Thank you for doing the work once again. I am sorry things went the way they do. Let's talk soon.

post-12454-133522863793_thumb.jpg

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Arctic,

You're awsome buddy! You know the deal with me...yesterday didn't live up to the hype.

Here's a pic of my day yesterday. Made it about halfway. Tow driver was actually kinda funny about my ordeal, and took this great pic to sum up my not-so-glorious day....:o

Only good thing was during the 5+ hours I was at the shop, I never changed back into my regular shoes. The 3 people at the garage I saw all day didn't seem to notice. Except the tow drive, who seemed to be amused.

Thank you for doing the work once again. I am sorry things went the way they do. Let's talk soon.

Heh, tough luck. Anyhow, you ended up with a cool picture.

Shit happens, and as long as it doesn't hit the fan we're all good.

Arctic,

You're awsome buddy! You know the deal with me...yesterday didn't live up to the hype.

Here's a pic of my day yesterday. Made it about halfway. Tow driver was actually kinda funny about my ordeal, and took this great pic to sum up my not-so-glorious day....:o

Only good thing was during the 5+ hours I was at the shop, I never changed back into my regular shoes. The 3 people at the garage I saw all day didn't seem to notice. Except the tow drive, who seemed to be amused.

Thank you for doing the work once again. I am sorry things went the way they do. Let's talk soon.

Nice shoes. What brand are they?