Asking "where did you get those heels from" ?

NrthEastHeel

Not sure if this has been commented on in the past, as I'm new to the site, and haven't read all the posts as yet, but a question that's been on my mind for some time. How does a guy ask a woman where she got her heels from. Many many times have i seen a lady in a fantastic pair of heels or boots, and felt so tempted to ask where they were purchased from, and comment on how great they look. has anyone had any experiences with this, or advice? Have any ladies here in these forums ever been queried before in passing on the street or by friends or work mates etc. comments and stories welcome from all :thumbsup:

While I've only done it a few times, and all lately, every one has been more than eager to share. I had no idea that Burlington Coat Factory even had a good shoe selection until last March when I asked my insurance agent (Mary Jean) where she got her shoes from. I returned the favor, a month ago, when I went to the agency, and walked in wearing my pair of 4" pumps I got there..... The only other women I asked were at clubs, so I guess I really haven't done it to just any stranger on the street.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I have done something similar once and it was not appreciated :thumbsup: An attractive mid 30 woman was trying on a pair of reddish brown Bronx 4 1/2" blade heeled boots and I had to tell her that they looked fantastic (they did). The reaction was that it was NOMFB and what was I doing in a women's shoe store anyhow?

What's all the fuss about?

I have done something similar once and it was not appreciated :thumbsup:

An attractive mid 30 woman was trying on a pair of reddish brown Bronx 4 1/2" blade heeled boots and I had to tell her that they looked fantastic (they did). The reaction was that it was NOMFB and what was I doing in a women's shoe store anyhow?

I think thats the reaction i fear the most. I guess its a bit of a gamble asking.

The reaction was that it was NOMFB and what was I doing in a women's shoe store anyhow?

I guess she would be receptive to a guy wearing heels then.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

My every day challenge is to meet a lady in nice pair of high heels shoes or boots , and aks her where she bought them , and make compliments about her shoes . Today i missed one young lady with very nice stilettos pumps , i was busy and had no time to ask , and she passed away .

All the ladies i've asked were a bit surprise first , but very nice then . I'm sure they have sometime the idea of having a fetichist (i'm not consider myself as a fetichist ) talking to her , but they don't say it , they easily told me where they bought them , and when you tell them they have very nice shoes they always are happy . Ladies always love compliments !

ibl

My every day challenge is to meet a lady in nice pair of high heels shoes or boots , and aks her where she bought them , and make compliments about her shoes . Today i missed one young lady with very nice stilettos pumps , i was busy and had no time to ask , and she passed away .

All the ladies i've asked were a bit surprise first , but very nice then . I'm sure they have sometime the idea of having a fetichist (i'm not consider myself as a fetichist ) talking to her , but they don't say it , they easily told me where they bought them , and when you tell them they have very nice shoes they always are happy . Ladies always love compliments !

ibl

Perhaps there's a twist on my original question.... are there any women out there that have wondered if a guy is into heels, and have been too shy to aska guy?

I just finished doing interviews all week for work. A few people I commented that I loved their shoes and asked them where they got them at. All of them were thankful and receptive. They all discussed where they got them and how they were a steal. Just ask and they will be thankful someone took the time to comment on what they wore!

I have done something similar once and it was not appreciated :)An attractive mid 30 woman was trying on a pair of reddish brown Bronx 4 1/2" blade heeled boots and I had to tell her that they looked fantastic (they did). The reaction was that it was NOMFB and what was I doing in a women's shoe store anyhow?

You could have told her that you're just an arrogant ass hole (clearly she is) and either:

a. I work here

b. I own the store

c. The manager is my s/o etc. etc. etc.

So, what is your problem, miss?????? LOL

It's all about the heel!

Have any ladies here in these forums ever been queried before in passing on the street or by friends or work mates etc. comments and stories welcome from all :thumbsup:

I've been approached countless times by friends and colleagues wanting to know where I got this or that pair of shoes from but rarely any comments from guys..

I suppose on the whole, men aren't that interested in shoes.

If they did I wouldn't mind at all.

I must admit I have really strong view on this and to be honest some womens responses P**s me right off. They select shoes usually based on making them look good, almost to look desireable, then when somenone comments how good they look or that you admire their shoes or other attire your classed as either a perve or a fetishist. Ladies your out there wanting compliments and want to be built up by admiring glances and 90% of us just want to be happy in admiring what you wear. We like to give compliments with no strings attatched. If you dont want us to ask, and dont want to be noticed, dont bloody wear the things you do... Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Piece of cake.

I do it all the time.

Just open with a GENERAL compliment. "I love your style..." But don't walk up from behind her. Don't walk up from her side. Walk up from in front of her so she can see your whole body from head to toe. edit: If you approach her from behind or the side, you might frighten or scare her and you risk establishing a first impression based on an emotion of fear. By approaching from the front, she is able to size you up and feel safe continuing with the conversation.

Then transition to something specific about their style you like, "Your retro referenced hat....your avant garde look...." This way you establish a first impression based solidly on fashion and not potentially on fetish.

Then go to the shoes....

It works for me (from the Upper East Side Sophisticate to the Williamsburg Hipster) 99.9999% of the time

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I have done something similar once and it was not appreciated :thumbsup:

An attractive mid 30 woman was trying on a pair of reddish brown Bronx 4 1/2" blade heeled boots and I had to tell her that they looked fantastic (they did). The reaction was that it was NOMFB and what was I doing in a women's shoe store anyhow?

Please don't forget that many women fear that when a man asks them something like that, they are afraid that he actually is looking for more than just the question he asks. I am almost positive that that was behind this response.

Otherwise, while I see your location to be "NY suburb". Some folks there are quite wealthy and think they are on a different level than the ordinary stranger.

Since I have been a shopaholic most of my life, I can actually identify many of the shoes that women wear. I have started many conversations with women (particularly younger women) by asking if there shoes are Nine West for example. Usually when this happens they will ask me how I knew that and I simply reply that I do a lot of shopping and fashion is kind of a hobby of mine. I have never failed to have at least a 10 minute conversation with a woman about shoes, fashion, best places to shop, etc. after simply noticing and taking interest. On occasion, she even introduce me to friends and before you know it, I have talked to several women. Not only is this a great conversation starter in a social situation, it gives good information on what's out there.

Style is built from the ground up!

I have never asked a woman where she bought her high heels. I guess maybe because I have complimented women on their high heels and I have gotten first the smile, then the inquisitive look. So I chose not to pursue it.

Please don't forget that many women fear that when a man asks them something like that, they are afraid that he actually is looking for more than just the question he asks. I am almost positive that that was behind this response.

Otherwise, while I see your location to be "NY suburb". Some folks there are quite wealthy and think they are on a different level than the ordinary stranger.

I was living in Finland then, where equality between sexes is value number one. With that comes a higher than average level of self-confidence in women.

It's true that here indeed people seem to do pretty well for themselves, and that impacts attitudes significantly. And not always for the better.

You could have told her that you're just an arrogant ass hole (clearly she is) and either:

a. I work here

b. I own the store

c. The manager is my s/o etc. etc. etc.

So, what is your problem, miss?????? LOL

I don't think that I have to justify myself any more than she has so I thought that a reply that it was NOHFB either was appropriate.

I think I also asked her if it was again that time of the month, but I'm not sure if I was thinking of asking or actually asked it. It's a few years ago already.

It all happened in 15 seconds. I'm surprised I still remember it actually :thumbsup:

well, it really all depends on the particular person (woman that is) as to how she will respond to that question.:thumbsup:

I've been asked, mainly by women and its nomally at work but I have been asked by men on the odd occasion which, when it first happened, I thought was a little odd but since I've joined the forum I now understand a bit more so if I get asked now I'm still surprised but flattered and I normally say "your abit brave aren't you?" to break the ice abit which is always well received. Sue x

I've been asked, mainly by women and its nomally at work but I have been asked by men on the odd occasion which, when it first happened, I thought was a little odd but since I've joined the forum I now understand a bit more so if I get asked now I'm still surprised but flattered and I normally say "your abit brave aren't you?" to break the ice abit which is always well received.

Good to read it from you, Sue!

It's nice when we know exactly how the other gender thinks, don't you agree?

It helps to make a little sense in actions we never realize why happens.

Oh, if it was possible to understand my wife sometimes... :thumbsup:

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

well, it really all depends on the particular person (woman that is) as to how she will respond to that question.:thumbsup:

How can you tell how she will react before you ask her? (If you have cracked the code, let us know :smile:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.