• Firefox 2
    • Firefox 3
    • Internet Explorer 6
    • Internet Explorer 7
    • Opera
    • Konqueror
    • Safari
    • seamonkey

Since we are living in a webbrowser war era started last week with ff3 release, I was wondering: what browser do you use to surf the net? Edit: Richie, I wanted to add a poll but I did something wrong :thumbsup: Could you put it right please? I wanted to add the options FF 2, FF 3, IE 6, IE 7, Opera, Konqueror, Safari

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Poll added. I use Internet Explorer 7. I have tried Firefox on so many occasions, and found it either crashes frequently, or is slooooow, it's still on my pc but I don't know why. I did use Opera too many years back, but they started trying to charge for it at some point and I gave up using it.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

The perils of developing web apps... most of the above, though IE7 "natively". Incidentally, Opera is free on PC platforms and has been for a couple of years. They went for the embedded market to make money - the browser on the Wii, for example, is Opera.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

I've used FF2 for ages now and it's a lot safer than IE7, ok so bit slow to boot. add-ons are fun to mess around with - and free - IE7 charges for some of this stuff. FF3 - faster - add-ons catching up and still a lot safer that IE7. For PCs there's no excuse not to use FF3 - we could prob even have a High Heel theme for it one day Mobile = Opera Mini

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

I chose IE7 though I'm not sure that is quite right as I am running Vista. Have to do a little research there (built my own system you would think I'd know what is in it.). I have run FF2 on an Ubontu system for a very short time when playing around with Linux and I do believe once the Mrs. and kids are out of school which requires MS products I will go strictly Linux.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

I am impressed that Konqueror is included in the poll! I have used it in the past when running Debian Linux and the KDE2 interface. It is a pretty wonderful browser. But then again, I am something of a nerd.

Style is built from the ground up!

While I use Firefox almost exclusively, I kinda like Opera. It has some nice features. (also have Netscape and IE-7 installed)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now I have to list a change since as of yesterday I have switched OS from Vista (It really means look out I'm going to keep all kinds of crap and flush your important documents!) To Ubuntu 8.04 so now I'm running Firefox 3.0.1

I have noticed the overall appearance of sites is slightly different (and with misspelling different a moment ago it also has a spell checker!) than with IE. So far if everything goes smoothly I will never go back to an MS based system.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel