"Disco Platform Shoes"

heelma

I wonder if anyone here tried to wear "disco platform shoes" for men, such as these here:

http://www.amazon.com/JAZZ-02-WHITE-PATENT-DISCO-SHOES/dp/B0018613M4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1214274403&sr=1-3

Obviously, they are not very sexy, when compared to a nice 5" stiletto on a girl's leg, but I am just wondering if anyone here who doesn't mind wearing women's shoes out on the street ever tried to wear those out as well?

My guess is that those raise eyebrows similar to wearing platform wedges or other women's platforms?

post-3379-133522860342_thumb.jpg

I wonder if anyone here tried to wear "disco platform shoes" for men, such as these here:

http://www.amazon.com/JAZZ-02-WHITE-PATENT-DISCO-SHOES/dp/B0018613M4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1214274403&sr=1-3

Obviously, they are not very sexy, when compared to a nice 5" stiletto on a girl's leg, but I am just wondering if anyone here who doesn't mind wearing women's shoes out on the street ever tried to wear those out as well?

My guess is that those raise eyebrows similar to wearing platform wedges or other women's platforms?

These look like some of the shoes I wore back in college in the 70's. The high platform, the high heel, and many of mine and my roomates shoes had even higher heels. Thank you for sharing this picture. It brings back memories.

You can buy and wear them now, too! What do you think of those now, would you wear them out now also, or are they too boring, once you're used to women's platforms?

I can't help it, I am somehow big into platforms :thumbsup: They add the extra thrill :smile:

These look like some of the shoes I wore back in college in the 70's. The high platform, the high heel, and many of mine and my roomates shoes had even higher heels. Thank you for sharing this picture. It brings back memories.

They don't look as good as the original shoes of the 70's (which if you're lucky, can still be found on ebay). I saw this type of shoe at a halloween party shop and tried it on. Sadly, it felt like it was made entirely of plastic. For a party, it might be fun. For wearing more than 45 minutes, no way!!! Besides, for a party, you could do better shopping from snaz75 or silbers. Just my thoughts...

Snaz75? I have really bad experience with those folks. First, they deleted several items out of my order, of course, after a week of waiting. Then, they set the rest of "billing information received" at UPS, but actually, the order was never shipped. However, their customer service department does not seem to exist, so I had to beg them with a bidaily email to reply to my inquiry. Finally, weeks later after someone finally understood what's going on and replied to me, they wanted to do something about it, but at that point, I was fed up enough to just cancel everything.

They don't look as good as the original shoes of the 70's (which if you're lucky, can still be found on ebay). I saw this type of shoe at a halloween party shop and tried it on. Sadly, it felt like it was made entirely of plastic. For a party, it might be fun. For wearing more than 45 minutes, no way!!! Besides, for a party, you could do better shopping from snaz75 or silbers. Just my thoughts...