Man, where are all you ladies at? You're hard to find

highheeltrained

So many of you people in the greater London and Brighton areas sound like there are endless opportunities to enjoy the heels. Seeing that in several threads that even men being spotted in heels in your area is not so much an extremely rare occurance. I live in a suburb of a medium-large size city in the western US. I have never seen a man here (other than myself) in shoes even remotely looking feminine, even around downtown, though a number of males in the city do wear goth rugged looking platforms, but still not very feminine looking IMO. A woman in heels here is common, though almost never over 4". :thumbsup: Ahh well, maybe someday I will move to a bigger more cosmopolitan city.

I can only speak from my experience in Hertfordshire, and North London. Luchtimes may indicate some cross-income movement, due to the lack of time to do otherwise, but 'main shopping' is almost entirely predictable.....

I doubt that the women I have observed (mainly in the more affluent parts of West Kent and East/West Sussex) differ much from yours in Herts, FF, but I'm still not sure what you mean by 'stunning shoes'. Are you referring to up-market, expensive, designer footwear (which might not be very exciting to look at) or sexy, feminine footwear regardless of price or intrinsic quality?

I would not disagree with you that 'Waitrose woman' is more likely to spend more money on her shoes but that doesn't mean that they are necessarily as appealing to you or me as the pair of pretty £15 stiletto sandals from New Look being worn by Waynetta around Asda. And, in my area, there are quite a few Fionas (often driving school-run 4 x 4s) who look quite slobby around Sainsburys in their crumpled mumsy clothes and boring (if not cheap) casual shoes.

I expect someone could write a PhD thesis about all this; Dr Shoe deserves some academic company.

but I'm still not sure what you mean by 'stunning shoes'. Are you referring to up-market, expensive, designer footwear (which might not be very exciting to look at) or sexy, feminine footwear regardless of price or intrinsic quality?

YSL (or similar) and KG. I have no time for flat shoes no matter who makes them.

'Stunning' is a word usually used to describe 'look' rather than quality. I'm not sure why there should be any ambiguity?

I'm not denying many are not well dressed (though most are), or that many will have flat shoes. But the incidence of seeing attractive HH shoes/boots in Sainsbury is much higher, than in ASDA. That said, I expect even ASDA gets interesting heel owners visiting at lunchtime. :thumbsup:

YSL (or similar) and KG. I have no time for flat shoes no matter who makes them.

'Stunning' is a word usually used to describe 'look' rather than quality. I'm not sure why there should be any ambiguity?....

Precisely my point, FF! YSL, KG and others similar make quality (and usually expensive) shoes, but they are not always particularly attractive to look at - although that of course is in the eye of the beholder. From my perspective, I don't find a pair of high platform YSL gladiator sandals (or whatever) particular attractive, let alone stunning, although I respect the quality whilst doubting the value for money. Compare and contrast with my earlier example of some cheap but pretty stilettos from New Look or similar - arguably stunning to look at, especially if the wearer is herself pretty.

Let's leave it there - I really don't think there are any hard and fast rules for linking shoes with supermarkets, family income or particular localities.

I think the Asda at the Marina is pretty grim. It's a battle ground for yachting snobs and working class heroes. I do like to think that there must be thousands of posh women around the world that bought clothes from Asda and then tell their friends that they bought them in England from a lovely little boutique. Working class women probably wear heels more often than middleclass women. I blame all the celebs in magazines/papers that are aimed at robbing poor people of their dignity and cash. As an example: how many posh mums do you see wearing stilettos pushing baby buggies? Please show me a pair of shoes from New Look that actually look nice. I went to the new spangly Brighton New Look and scoured the shop from top to bottom. There wasn't one item in the whole shop that didn't look cheap and nasty, I will never go in there again. I don't get why anyone would shop in New Look/Primark/MarkOne/Peacocks when H&M is there on most high streets. The only things my girlfriend buys from cheap shops is the occasional brightly coloured boob tube to wear as a skirt on a heavy night out as they are around £5 for three.

Let's leave it there - I really don't think there are any hard and fast rules for linking shoes with supermarkets, family income or particular localities.

:thumbsup:

You are allowed to be wrong. :wink1:

But I'll offer a one way bet I'll NEVER see YSL's in my local ASDA. :smile:

[You are reading waaaay too much into my comments. What I've said is factually correct, and I've no need to continue argueing/discussing the point either.]

Hey Cutie, I just wear what is comfortable and do what spoils me up to a point, Doesn't necessaraly mean that I'm gay or toataly strange and Durranged, Just sommone whom is Totaly happy and comfortable with who He is!!! Take care and love to hear from all of you, especially the LADIES, Regards, Nick!!!!

Hey guys is that why you wear heels, because you can't find any of us hotties in 6" spikes?

Interesting point. I actually always wore them, but generally after I saw a beautiful pair on some random lady at some random place. When seeing them being worn, I remembered how great they look, feel, and sound...then I had to go get some for myself! :o

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Nick, how tall of a heel do you feel comfortable in? Does your significant other approve? I love the way heels feel and the restriction I have walking in tall heels. I'm not sure if I want my bf in heels.

Hey guys is that why you wear heels, because you can't find any of us hotties in 6" spikes?

No. In fact, only last night ....... :o

As a closing remark on my Sainsbury 'theory'.....

Visited one of these stores last Thursday, close to Mile House/Green Lanes in North London. Dunno how so many poorly dressed people found themsleves in the same place? Shoppers there made my local ASDA look 'upmarket'. :-?

Couldn't wait to leave the place. :cool1:

Nick, how tall of a heel do you feel comfortable in? Does your significant other approve? I love the way heels feel and the restriction I have walking in tall heels. I'm not sure if I want my bf in heels.

What if your boyfriend was more confident, looked and dressed better, and was much happier while occasionally in heels?

I guess I would toss him my false boobs and try to enjoy the show lol. Seriously I don't know that I have an answer. You pose an interesting question.

What if he were 10 times better in bed while wearing them?? Or, much easier to talk to? More attentive?

Yet, of course, still dressing like a man, but with more style?

What if he were 10 times better in bed while wearing them?? Or, much easier to talk to? More attentive?

Yet, of course, still dressing like a man, but with more style?

Then he has "issues" if he cant be any of those things you have listed without a pair of shoes.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Doesn't everyone have "some" issues, Richie? LOL I mean, look at all of us? What if (<<I love "what if's") on some other board, a member posted "What if your man likes to wear heels?", to which an Admin posts "Then that man has "issues"... :o

Doesn't everyone have "some" issues, Richie? LOL

I mean, look at all of us?

Are you suggesting that we all have issues here? What are you implying by "Look at all of us?" Dont talk in half phrase's, if you want to suggest something, be blunt about it :cool1:

What if (<<I love "what if's") on some other board, a member posted "What if your man likes to wear heels?", to which an Admin posts "Then that man has "issues"...

:-?

Dont care because thats talking about just the footwear, your referring to to personality traits and suggesting that those personality traits can not be accomplished without shoes. Completely different. :o

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I don't know, Richie. Some out there might think men who wear heels have "issues", too..LOL Seriously, I'm only winding you up. But, while a man "needing" to have heels on to accomplish the above described may indeed have "issues" (be they security, emotional, etc), it's not far fetched to think a guy who wears heels may be just more confident and feel much more "in tune" with their S/O without having "issues". With confidence and awareness may come better experiences with others....

But, while a man "needing" to have heels on to accomplish the above dexcribed may indeed have "issues" (be they security, emotional, etc), it's not far fetched to think a guy who wears heels may be just more confident and feel much more "in tune" with their S/O without having "issues". With confidence and awareness may come better experiences with others....

I get what you mean. As would any woman.

Ask a girl of moderate age (say over 25) what she feels like going out without any make-up or brushing her hair? You want an argument with my wife, ask her to leave the house without putting 'her face' on! :o

It's the same thing. Heels for me are a finishing touch, and for others that will be true too. It wouldn't be the first time a woman has told me she didn't feel "dressed" unless she was wearing heels. :cool1:

When I'm going out somewhere 'special' I like to look my best, I like to feel my best. As it happens, wearing heels is part of that. I don't need heels to 'perform', and in fact I'm slightly less tolerant with flats on (nod to Scots suggestion about personality). I like being taller. I like the posture heels give me. Hey, what's not to like? :-?

No. I wear heels because I like heels. BTW I have never had a problem finding hotties in 6" spikes.lol

real men wear heels