A pair of wedges

Marcus

The attached pair are wonderful. I want some but with gold buckles. The other pair you posted are horrible in my opinion. They are Gucci knockoffs and look like they belong on the feet of a Playboy bunny lounging by the pool. Which in my shoe gamut is as bad as it gets.

post-9545-133522860313_thumb.jpg

both are sexy but I really like the 2d pair more.:thumbsup:

I concur! However neither are my taste, but the second ones come much closer than the first.

Style is built from the ground up!

Can anyone explain what's so good about the mules? To me they look like they were designed by a forest dwelling, clog loving pixie (with a Playboy bunny fetish) on mushrooms. I'd say they would cost around $10 from a sex shop. Not £220 from a custom shoe company. The wedges have a classic timeless feel to them. The pixie designed ones look thrown together with little regard to the overall styling of the shoe. Its as if the designer just had a tick list of things to fit into one shoe. To me the whole is worth less than the sum of it's parts.

Can anyone explain what's so good about the mules? To me they look like they were designed by a forest dwelling, clog loving pixie (with a Playboy bunny fetish) on mushrooms. I'd say they would cost around $10 from a sex shop. Not £220 from a custom shoe company.

The wedges have a classic timeless feel to them. The pixie designed ones look thrown together with little regard to the overall styling of the shoe. Its as if the designer just had a tick list of things to fit into one shoe. To me the whole is worth less than the sum of it's parts.

I guess nobody was saying the mules were fantastic, if a choice were to be made, they just were more appealing than the wedges. Nine times out of ten a work boot beats a wedge in head to head selection for me. But it did give you a chance to write some nice prose.

Style is built from the ground up!

The wedges are really cool! It's hard to find really cool wedges, but those are. Maybe another choice of color though, but as far as I know, that site offers customization, doesn't it?

What do y think of these? And these?

As I love to be different, both ones are great. The mules are A+. Everytime I see weird shaped shoes I have the ought to feel them on my feet.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

WOW! the first pair are hot! I think that it is the combination of the peek-a-boo toe, the ankle strap, the detail where the leather at the front laps over the leather on the sides, the color, the leather, and the unusually shaped sole that make them so hot!

I'm not crazy about the second pair; and I usually like two-tone shoes.

They have a lot of styles, though many are of similar construction. They are hand made and appear to be of high quality compared to Pleaser, of instance, and offer a much larger selection of sizes and widths than mass marketed shoes. The designs lend themselves to being hand made, not the injection molded plastic which requires high production figures to pay off the tooling investment. See the pictures of their shop. You aren't going to get those things cheap. P.S. I haven't seen any shops, sex shops or otherwise, that sell $10 shoes. Why is sex dirty or cheap, which is the implication? Sex shops may be sort of tawdry and base in their blatant displays, but sex is great and so are sexy shoes.

Sex should be dirty and decadent or you're not doing it well. Shoes can be cheap looking, badly thought out and wrong which normally isn't such a good thing. Trashy, expensive well made shoes are a great thing. Just look at all the amazing creations coming from big high end labels. Louboutin trades on being trashy but expensive. He always says he ows his fortune to being influenced by trashy Parisian women from the more burlesque side of life. It's always possible to find some genuinely cheap shoes that look and feel great but the search is a long, hard road. I'm sure shops like Frederick's have giant bargain bins of plastic heels that are being sold off at $10 just to get them out of the way. See the attached for an example of trashy and classy versus cheap and nasty. I'd rather not eat for a month and have some real Tributes than wear the grey fluffy knockoffs. Cheers, Ben

post-9545-133522860396_thumb.jpg

The wedges are beautiful! I'd pay the price for a pair, mostly because I loove wedges in the first place. The other reason woul dbe that they're peep-toes and that they're so amazingly high! It'll be the first in my collection!

Formally "HHDude"

I haven't been in Frederick's since they moved and are under new management, but they never had bins of cheap shoes. They used to put the sale shoes on one wall, and the regular ones on another wall. Their shoes were always very reasonably priced in the store. I never cared for their sale shoes, though. They usually put out one shoe of a style, and you had to ask about available sizes.