"Kinky Boots" Movie on UK TV This Weekend!

pussyinboots

Just thought I'd let everyone from the UK here know - that BBC2 TV are showing the "Kinky Boots" Movie on Sunday night (22nd June) at 9.00pm (21.00 hours).

For those who don't know - it's based on the true story of how Steve Pateman founded Divine Shoes (as they are now known).

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

You may also be inetested to know - that following the Film - just after 11.00pm (23.00hrs) - they're showing a Documentary about Steve Pateman and his Shoe Company.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Having seen the documantairy 2 times, i watched the movie this evening on BBC. Fun movie, enjoyed it a lot! Thankx for the heads up.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Unfortunatelly I'm not UK based but I have watched the movie and I recommend to everyone that didn't. It's a lesson to society.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Guest Loveshiheels

Saw this film on Sky movies last year. Very good and funny film made in the UK. The bit I most remember is when the Drag queen has a flashback of him as a boy trying on a pair of heels and then getting told of by his Dad.

It is a shame that the film gives the impression that moving into "fetish" footwear was the saving of the company, when the reality was that it did not and another 100 year old family business went down. A bit political this, but I wonder just when our collective governments will realise that China has completely destroyed the western world's ability to produce. It really is going to bite us on the bum one day. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

It is a shame that the film gives the impression that moving into "fetish" footwear was the saving of the company, when the reality was that it did not and another 100 year old family business went down.

A bit political this, but I wonder just when our collective governments will realise that China has completely destroyed the western world's ability to produce. It really is going to bite us on the bum one day.

Simon.

I saw a very interesting Documentary on BBC Panorama a few weeks back about this very subject of China's economy and manufacturing cheap goods.

One of the conclusions the programme reached was that China in fact - has taken advantage of our own inability to produce economically priced goods for various reasons - rather than being the root cause of the decline of our manufacturing industry.

Another point it made of course was the fact that in many instances, China uses an underage 'sweatshop' labour force to do it - but that's a whole other issue.

A bit political this, but I wonder just when our collective governments will realise that China has completely destroyed the western world's ability to produce. It really is going to bite us on the bum one day. Simon.

Hey, it's nothing that we've not done ourselves. Our quest for things at a cheaper price has put us into the position we find ourselves. And, you're correct, Simon, the situation is really going to bite us on the "bum" and that day isn't that far in the future, either.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Another point it made of course was the fact that in many instances, China uses an underage 'sweatshop' labour force to do it - but that's a whole other issue.

Your point is right in line with the point I posted below in response to Simon's comment. When a country has 3 billion people to keep occupied, there's a whole lot of unskilled labor to work in those "sweatshops." Up until 20 years ago, most of those 3 billion were engaged in growing sufficient food to feed the country's population. The food struggle is ongoing but the cash flow generated from the sale of all the cheap stuffs to other countries gives the Chinese the ability to purchase food goods to feed themselves rather than to grow it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Back to the original thread... The movie is great and a must watch to everyone. My mom was one that changed a bit after watching it with me and my wife. It takes a lot of misconception about transgendered people out. PS.: I live in Brazil that is going to kick some buts in UN because our ethanol is not the reason why the food is too expensive in Europe. Yes, our country is greener. It can be better of course.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Your point is right in line with the point I posted below in response to Simon's comment. When a country has 3 billion people to keep occupied, there's a whole lot of unskilled labor to work in those "sweatshops." Up until 20 years ago, most of those 3 billion were engaged in growing sufficient food to feed the country's population. The food struggle is ongoing but the cash flow generated from the sale of all the cheap stuffs to other countries gives the Chinese the ability to purchase food goods to feed themselves rather than to grow it.

Almost sounds like the industrial revolution all over again. Farming gets more efficient so fewer people can grow more food thereby releasing labor for a burgeoning industry.

I think the real tragedy is the state of the mainstream British Film industry. I was waiting for Billy Elliot to come dancing onto the screen and do a tap dance medley with the cast of the Full Monty and East is East. Why are all mainstream English films the same old feelgood rubbish with sub East Enders plot lines and actors? If I had paid £7 to go and see Kinky Boots at the cinema I would have felt robbed. Oh and there was not one pair of attractive heels in the whole film. I want my hour and a half back.

I think the real tragedy is the state of the mainstream British Film industry. I was waiting for Billy Elliot to come dancing onto the screen and do a tap dance medley with the cast of the Full Monty and East is East.

Why are all mainstream English films the same old feelgood rubbish with sub East Enders plot lines and actors?

If I had paid £7 to go and see Kinky Boots at the cinema I would have felt robbed.

Oh and there was not one pair of attractive heels in the whole film.

I want my hour and a half back.

Gosh, don't say that. I ordered the CD from Amazon.com for $9 a couple of days ago. Hope I didn't waste my bucks. :thumbsup:

Hi Bubba, 9 dollars is not a fortune. Watch it and If you agree with me then sell it on ebay and you don't lose much. It's worth watching to pass the time if you are stuck on a flight or in prison. It's more of a TV (the telly not tranny) comedy/drama that's half an hour too long. Cheers, Ben