A thought... just for fun!

Grand

I saw the posting about the tendency (?) for some birth signs to be into HH more than others are. Well, I doubt we’ll find a connection… However, I had a thought. I was wondering how many of us happened to be shy when they were kids? It may seem like a strange question. However, as a shy kid, I remember probably spending more time looking at the floor (and shoes), rather than in somebody’s eyes. What do you think? Does this statement make sense? Were you shy as well? Just curious!

I was shy as a child, but now I'm (apparently) incredibly outgoing. But then, I work on-site, so I have to be. It's an interesting theory about shy people being interested in shoes because they're always looking down, but I'm not convinced.

On the other hand, when you're a small child, crawling and learning to walk, adults look like a pair of shoes and a blur to you. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Overall, tho', I don't really ever wonder how I ended up this way, I just try and remember to enjoy it :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

As Spock would say: "Fascinating." For the record, I was shy as well when I was a kid. But, things have changed considerably for me today, after all, you can't be shy and wear women's shoes openly in public! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I believe it was Sherlock Holmes who said - after removing all other possibilities what ever is left must be the answer, however improbable it seems. I was and still am shy. -- unless I am wearing a skirt (Utilikilt today) or heels. Now the $64 question -- Why? As posted above you cannot be shy and wear either a skirt or heels in public. -- Brandy

Just for the record, and to throw a wrench in somebody elses possible spanner; -I have *NEVER* been shy! Already as a kid was I pestering the "fellow" travellers on the buses or wherever I got the chance to chat with a stranger. I have most definitely inherited this behaviour from my mother who also never have shown any inhibition to chat with whomever did not make it away in time but felt compelled by decency to stay and listen to the "machine-gun" banter we both are capable of in any situation encountered until today. -Hmm, I wonder if it would be considered an act of police brutality if one of us got employed as (hostage/suicide candidate) negotiators...? :( -I'm quite sure we'd make a difference in the statistics :lol: TallSwede

I was shy too. I have learned to be unshy, well I have learned to behave in an unshy manner, but it has taken a lot of practice. I have always liked people though, and have always been chatty and communicative, but I prefer talking on a one to one basis. If I had to stand up in front of a lot of people and talk I would just die as I have done in the past when made to do this e.g. school exams, musical exams, work etc. I'm not convinced that this is the reason I love shoes though, even if a pattern does seem to be forming here, but I will keep watching this thread and can probably be persuaded. Love to you all and Happy New Year Julietta xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

The odd thing is that I don't mind giving a presentation to a group or taking the lead in a meeting, so long as it is real work and not "political" BS. I learned that through training and practice in my job. But, I'm not aggressive or outgoing in social situations, even though I seem to have no trouble talking to girls. I like the companionship of a single person more than a party situation.

I was very shy too, still tend to shyness around strangers and often find parties a real strain

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

• 4 years later...

In case of my family it's a classic Freudian BS. I'm the younger kid, and I've got a brother who's thirteen years older, and he's 34 now. He was always (from what I remember) closer to my dad and other males, whereas I was always closer to my mom. My bro's appearance is overtly male, judging by my standards :wink: and he was sometimes aggressive, and I'm more androgynous both in appearance and in psychology. He tried to impose that so-called "normality" on me, but he always failed, and I am who I am now. I don't try to fit in and pose as a heteric, a stereotypical "real man" (well, guys- you usually ought to have balls in order to wear heels, so you ARE real men!) or someone like that.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Yes but having a sibling who is much older counts like being an only child in my book. By the time you were 6, he would have been ready to leave home...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

OH YA! I was very shy in my youth up until just a few years ago. I too spent alot of time looking at the ground (shoes}. Now as you all can see by my videos and pics, I have over come my shyness and am very outgoing and happy wearing my heels any where I want cause if you can't be yourself, then who can you be?.

real men wear heels

Fascinating! This thread is suggesting a correlation between a person's emotional predispositon to avoid human contact and the desire to wear certain articles of clothing. While I find the concept totally illogical, I must say that it bears further study. Fascinating. - Spock

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I was shy as a kid too, but not so much anymore. This sounds like a topic that we could get millions from the government so we could conduct a study! It's more worthwhile than some of the foolish things they blow our money on every day!!!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I had heard that the eldest boy tends to be closer to his mother and therefore has a higher tendency to dress in female clothes. So how many of you are the eldest?

That includes me and it also helps that as a kid my local friends in our street were all girls

One thought that occurs to me is: How does this rationale apply to twins? Moreover, what if one twin is really into skirts, heels and earrings, and the other is not? BTW, I am a twin and none of my brothers wear heels.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels