heel cup shrinkage

i have a pair of 5in courts and the length and toe section fit perfect, however the heel cup at the back is a little loose and doesnt grip the heel of my foot meaning i tend to just walk out of the shoes. the shoes are courts in the style where you have an pointed toe, open sides and a heel cup and in PU. I am aware that you can shrink plastic shoes with warm water etc, has anyone any ideas to contract or shrink that back bit so it grips better without putting heel grips in etc. i think the adjustment would only need to be small.

What ever you do don’t get them wet!

Especially if they are budget synthetic shoes. The heels will have either cardboard or plastic stiffeners in the back to give the shoes the heel shape, far from shrinking them you are more likely to end up with them becoming a soggy / baggy mess & worse than before.

If you don’t want to go down the heel grip route, then try a tip toe half foam insole placed at the ball of the foot, this will help raise your foot in the shoe & may just tighten the lose area by the desired amount.

Something which often puts people off heel grips is that they often work lose over time. I have on many occasions simply run a row of stitching around the top edge of the shoe to stop them “peeling” away, making them a very efficient solution to this problem.

Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.