Heaven .... or Hell?

fastfreddy2

After reading the outline below, please vote whether this is Heaven or Hell for you?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. After reading the outline below, please vote whether this is Heaven or Hell for you?

• Heaven
    • Hell

At least once a month I work at a friends Bar. Sometimes I work a 2nd and 3rd night on the door, but once a month I'm always asked in, I do what is generally referred to as 'pot man' duties. This involves the collecting of empty glasses for washing. Sounds pretty menial, but I have a good time there.

Generally the 'sounds' are played on a sound system I specified and largely assembled then tuned. Because I work with the door staff some nights, they often run under my guidance, though are free to do what they judge fit to maintain security there. I also have to clear up broken glasses that were full of beer moments before. Overall, I spend much of my time watching.

Heaven....

There's about 120 people in the bar, half or slightly less are girls/women. Typically 21 to 28 years old, and 'dressed to impress' for the most part. Perhaps 10 of the 55 girls have flat shoes, the rest wear heels, some quite high. Obviously the people there come in all shapes and sizes, but many are slim, with perhaps 10 VERY attractive women there. At my last visit, two girls attended wearing pencil skirts, and one of them also wearing a wide 'patent' style black waist belt. [Perfect outfit for showing off body shape.]

A little over a month ago, a lot of glass hit the floor. Perhaps 5 or 6 glasses shattered with drink in them. Me clearing up the mess, involved squatting at the feet of one or several women wearing heels at nearly every breakage. [As an aside, I'm truly amazed how standing in 1/4" of beer with shards of glass everywhere, can seem so unimportant to these people?]

It was during one of these evenings I discovered ASDA had a court shoe I'd like to own. [A friend asked the wearer for me. :wink:] In conclusion, I get a little over 4 hours of shoe Heaven. :thumbsup:

Hell......

If I watch, I've got to be discreet. I have upset a small number of men while I've been doing security work and tasked with monitoring behaviour. There's definitely a good/bad length of time to look.

There's also some stress involved. When things are peaking, there's too much to do, and thinking on your feet is the order of the day. Keeping the Bar topped up with dirty glasses to wash, maintaining the ice buckets, supplying additional spirits, emptying bottle bins, as well as keeping the floors dry (-ish) and free from glass. This on top of watching 120 people for drugs abuse, over consumption of alcohol, and horse-play.

The volume of the music is the most obvious drawback. I can't see anyone there goes home without a ringing in their ears. I've bought some plugs, but most can't wear them. Customers wouldn't, and the bar staff couldn't.

The less obvious drawback is the (fortunately early -ish) closing time. It still means I leave around 2.15am and because it's an obvious chance to walk home in heels, I do. Usually I get home for 3am or later, and am relaxed enough to sleep about an hour after I get in. Not a great start to your Sunday, going to bed worn out at 4am.

The little money I get, is earned working in a Hellish environment. :smile:

Where would you be in this situation? In Heaven, or in Hell?

<hidden poll - your answer isn't public>

:wink1::wink:B):-?

I'd be as far away as possible. Maybe get a job in the woman's shoe department of an upscale department store...that way I could be a patron of the bar rather than an employee! GWL

Sounds like it's exausting work to me (Sado Mechanistic?). I woulndn't do it myself. However, if you enjoy doing it, go for it. But, I know many, many more enjoyable ways of watching women wear high heels that are less demanding. (Peerhaps if the music was from a good live band, I might reconsider :thumbsup: )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Every job has its drawbacks. However, this one would not have enough upside for me. Any job that involves broken glass, constant loud noise and the potential of a hostile customers resembles more of the gnashing of teeth than being in the presence of the divine. Hell is my vote.

Style is built from the ground up!

Every job has its drawbacks. However, this one would not have enough upside for me. Any job that involves broken glass, constant loud noise and the potential of a hostile customers resembles more of the gnashing of teeth than being in the presence of the divine. Hell is my vote.

I couldn't have said this better. The downside unfortunately outweighed the positives of viewing georgeous women in high heels. I would have a migrane headache after an evening working there.

This has to be taken in context. As a lifelong 'clubber' (30 years stretching from the origonal 'Disco' days) the music is not the problem for me it might be for some. I wear ear-plugs that mean I don't go home with that screaming whistle in my ears indicating prospective ear damage.

There are 3 other people who are paid to take care of 'problems', I only have to get involved if I choose to. So far, that hasn't automatically meant aggression. We have removed several 'revellers' who have become problematic, in the way we were all trained to do. No-one got harmed, and that included those asked to leave.

It's true I don't get paid much, some of my motivation is to help a friend make his business successful. (If I wasn't there, he'd have to complete the tasks I get to do when I attend.) I have to say I get quite a lot of pleasure from doing it, and some of the pleasure is -obviously- the heels, and sometimes the clothes.

If I didn't like it, I needn't and wouldn't do it. But hearing what others feel about my time there is very interesting. It wouldn't be unusual for me to enjoy work most others would find unattractive. I just had no idea these nights might be seen in such a way. After all, 120 people are actually paying to be in the same place I'm at. :thumbsup:

The little money I get, is earned working in a Hellish environment. :wink1:

I think this line says it all. It would be hell for me personally. In my mind you work for money but it is so important that you are happy in your job. If you are unhappy then you are worrying about going into work, cos you hate the place and then after work, you are in a bad mood as a result of the time you spend there.

Like others here have suggested, I think you should look elsewhere.

Now im off to ponder the thought of working in a women's shoe department. Thanks GWL. :thumbsup::smile::smile:

Maybe get a job in the woman's shoe department of an upscale department store...that way I could be a patron of the bar rather than an employee!

GWL

Dream, dream, dream. Beer and heels. What a life that would be.

Good to hear that you get something positive out of it Fastfreddy (& it sounds as though you do). Theres' a number of things I wouldn't like about it though. The noise/music sounds like one of the worst aspects. If it wasn't the type of music that I 'dig', I'd not be able to stand it in there for too long. And the non-drinking aspect would get to me also - being in a crowded, noisy pub for 4 hours without necking a few lagers. Just torture! Also, I turn into a pumpkin at midnight, so a 2:15am finish is a complete no-no! :thumbsup:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Hard choice but i'd have to say hell.

All those heels and you can't even wear a pair lol.

(...)

Exactly what I thought.

Would be heaven if in heels and all the other things you said.

What I hate MOST when I'm around lots of beautiful women and her wonderful heels is that I'm not wearing them.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

What I hate MOST when I'm around lots of beautiful women and her wonderful heels is that I'm not wearing them.

I get that; "Heel envy."

Wonder if that is a 'driver' to my interest?

I doubt many here would actually find wearing heels attractive on a floor covered (in places) with beer and (if I've missed it) small pieces of broken glass. :smile:

A mop on each foot, much more useful ~ for me at least. :thumbsup:

The difference between heaven and hell is the heels. Leave the bouncing to others and wear heels yourself --that would make it heavenly. Otherwise, you're just torturing yourself being that close to the heels you want to wear, but can't. I find it best to avoid those situations. Out of sight, out of mind.

Otherwise, you're just torturing yourself being that close to the heels you want to wear, but can't. I find it best to avoid those situations. Out of sight, out of mind.

You know what, I've just gotten over about 8 years of having this exact attitude, and I stopped when I realised the only people benefiting from me doing this were ......

Exactly, no-one ~ no-where.

It didn't make my life any better. It certainly didn't improve anyone elses. It made me sad from time to time, and that rippled onto the people around me. Finally I decided I'd had enough, and needed to bring about a change, and 'hey-presto', here I am. :thumbsup:

The upshot of the change is, I got to wear 4" heels today in a very public place with two other people who provided me with excellent company. It was a day I enjoyed in a special way that wouldn't have been possible if I wore flat shoes. And as unbelieveable as it may sound, the boots I wore gave me less discomfort than flat shoes usually do. [boots I wore have padded footbed, and a pliant textured rubber sole. Almost unheard of in mens shoes.]

And because I choose not to wear heels (usually) in my home-town, I saw another town-centre I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Other than spending too much time here, my getting back into wearing heels, being around heels, shopping for heels, has been a very therapeutic experience. :wink1: Long may it continue. :smile:

Other than spending too much time here, my getting back into wearing heels, being around heels, shopping for heels, has been a very therapeutic experience. :smile: Long may it continue. :thumbsup:

Yes, wearing high heels in public, shopping for and trying on high heels in public, and viewing others in high heels is not only therapeutic, it is like the feeling of total freedom and a breath of fresh air.

Having worked in loud environments before, I'm going to have to say "Hell" due to the potential to ruin your ears. It's only heaven if you like that particular music, and if you can control the length of time that you are exposed.