Skirts - Whats your favourite colour?

PatentHeel

I virtually live in rara skirts and pencil skirts. I must admit I have a lot of black skirts (both rara and pencil) just because they're neutral and easy to wear different colours with, but I have rara skirts in virutally every colour known to man. They look great in bright colours like the ones you have posted.

all my skirts are earth-tones, and the overwhelming majority are black or dark grey. i have OFTEN been referred to as "the man in black". for a johny cash fan, this is a wonderful compliment. :thumbsup:

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

I recently bought some RA RA skirts:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh77/PatentHeel/jerseyraraskirts.jpg

I really like the Aqua and Hot Pink colours alot. I think those two colours are really feminine and go extremely well with black patent heels.

Question is, whats your favourite colour skirt and why?

PatentHeel

Come to think of it, i thought the aqua and hot pink ra ra skirts go well with black patent boots too.

post-10791-13352285975_thumb.jpg

Typically denim or black, and ankle- or floor-length. As a middle-aged and somewhat overweight bloke who's not trying to pass, I might as well at least have *some* style!

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

Favourite?

Shiny, or semi shiny. (Sheen?)

Vivid colours are not so easy on the eye, and frankly, are only useful if the wearer is shipwrecked at sea. :thumbsup:

Something draws me towards vivid colors such as hot pink and aqua though, especially with black patent heels. For me, such colours although very vivid, are extremely vibrant and feminine. Okay granted that they aren't exactly every day colours but there is nowt better than seeing a female dressed in these colours.

Of course that is just my way of thinking and others may disagree.

• 1 month later...

Of course that is just my way of thinking and others may disagree.

I wouldn't disagree about any form of [artistic/fashion*] self-expression. Especially not with someone 'lucky' enough to have your legs. :-?:o

* <thought it prudent to limit the range of "self" expression>

• 3 weeks later...

Love skirts. Seemes to be dressed in a skirt most of the week. My favourie colour and style of my skirts. Well its depents on if I´m wearing it to the office or in private. To the office its always a pencil straight skirtsuit, not to long, not to short. Ending two or three inch above my knees, not more. The colour of my skirtsuits I wear to office are mostly black, navy blue, dark grey or light grey. You might say those colour might be a bit dull and boring, well they can be but I try mixing them with a bit more vivid coloure blouse/top, a scarves and vivid coloured heels. Told you I love skirts. Even if I wear a skirt every day to the office I seemed many times ending up wearing a skirt or a dress too in private. In private I can wear a bit shorter skirts than I can when at office. My soul mate just loves that, me too. Love my miniskirts and yes those ra ra skirts looks fantastic. In private I go for a more vivid colour. I love pink, love red, love white to but also I like black too. You can matching all those colours with a different make up, diffrent blouses or tops, shoes, handbags and so on. Seemes I can´t made up my mind wich my favourite colour is. I just pick the one that feels right for the day but if I had to make choise I think I would say my favourite colour is black or white because I feel you can mix it with so many different colours. What is NO NO for me though is wearing a white skirt and black nylons.

My first criteria is material then color. I’m a sucker for leather skirts. If I see one in a thrift shop that is even close to my size I’ll buy it. I think my favorite is black suede, then black finished (non suede), then any color. After I get out of the leather category, blue denim, and tan cotton are on top, then almost any other material and color. All the colors are solid. My preference for length is generally short because it shows off my thigh boots but I have started trying longer skirts. I’m still working on that one.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I love this skirt as most of my collection is either pvc or latex and will have to go for something different as do like the small pleated micro school girl skirts

http://www.honourclothing.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_67&products_id=6358

Would love something like this as well

http://www.scavengeinc.com/costumes/schoolgirl/blueplaidminiskirt-pi-4896.html