Adventures of radiodave

radiodave

Sounds a lot like my journeys Radiodave. We should hook up sometime for a little shoe shopping and lunch. My wife and I would be more than happy to meet anywhere between Canton and Cleveland on a free day. BTW keep the heeling adventures comming. Great read.

real men wear heels

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiodave... Thanks for sharing the photos and your experiences with us. I myself like the strappy stiletto-heeled sandle the best. But you look good in the wedges, too. Please keep us posted on your further outings.

Thanks to all for the nice comments. I think I'm still somewhat amazed that most folks barely acknowledge them. Perhaps I should try moving to something higher, or maybe even try some of my higher heels or ones that are more feminine.

This morning I had some errands to run to get ready for a little house warming party this evening, so I wore my beige Dockers, dark blue polo shirt, brown wedges, and a toe ring. These weren't my new wedges however; I thought I'd go with the "safe" ones I've worn out before. Between the grocery store (two visits; forgot something the first time around), the coffee shop, and Office Max to pick up some file folders to tidy up my home office, I felt very comfortable wearing them out. Even though they make some noise, I can't tell that anyone really paid attention. After I got home I cleaned house while still wearing them. I didn't wear them at my party though; these are guys I work with and not ready for that yet.

Pic 1

Pic 2

SF: I too tend to favor sandals. Guess I've found them more attractive, but I have a few pumps in my collection I like too. Even if I'm not in California, I can still try to work on being the guy who wears high heeled sandals here in Ohio.

Johnieheel: I'd be delighted to meet up with you and Ruth sometime for lunch and maybe some shopping. I'm pretty flexible, but let me know when is a good time for you and send me a PM.

:o

Thanks to all for the nice comments. I think I'm still somewhat amazed that most folks barely acknowledge them. Perhaps I should try moving to something higher, or maybe even try some of my higher heels or ones that are more feminine.

This morning I had some errands to run to get ready for a little house warming party this evening, so I wore my beige Dockers, dark blue polo shirt, brown wedges, and a toe ring. These weren't my new wedges however; I thought I'd go with the "safe" ones I've worn out before. Between the grocery store (two visits; forgot something the first time around), the coffee shop, and Office Max to pick up some file folders to tidy up my home office, I felt very comfortable wearing them out. Even though they make some noise, I can't tell that anyone really paid attention. After I got home I cleaned house while still wearing them. I didn't wear them at my party though; these are guys I work with and not ready for that yet.

Pic 1

Pic 2

SF: I too tend to favor sandals. Guess I've found them more attractive, but I have a few pumps in my collection I like too. Even if I'm not in California, I can still try to work on being the guy who wears high heeled sandals here in Ohio.

Johnieheel: I'd be delighted to meet up with you and Ruth sometime for lunch and maybe some shopping. I'm pretty flexible, but let me know when is a good time for you and send me a PM.

:o

Will talk to Ruth and get back with you pm.

real men wear heels

RD:

While I really like the look of these trousers (pants), I REALLY like he look of these wedges the best, of all those shown recently. I don't know if the cut of the lighter trouser is different to the darker green ones shown with the cork wedges, but the beige cut looks better. Any chance you might do a photo of the lighter trousers with the cork wedges?

It maybe the lighter trousers look better with lower (no platform) wedges, because the trouser hangs better, maybe the green trouser isn't quite long enough to look perfect with the cork wedges? Where the lighter trousers do look like a perfect combo with the other wedges. :o

Either way, your shoe choice and dress style is an example (good one) to us all.

And I suspect, is the main reason why you don't get adverse criticism while street-healing.

Nice pictures, and a useful reference. :-?

Radiodave... Deal, you "carry the water" out there in Ohio, and I will do the same here in CA (at least untill some other guy(s) want to help !!!). ha ha... Take care, SF P.S. I like the wedges, I have a very similar pair that I wear out quite often.

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier this week, I was in Target for something, and when I stopped by the mini Starbuck's there, a group of teenage boys showed up, but what caught my eye was that out of all three who were wearing typical T-shirt, ball cap turned backward, and shorts, one of them was wearing a pair of red Keds canvas shoes. Now normally I see women wearing those, but I have occasionally seen guys wearing canvas boat shoes. Hard to say whether these came from the men's section or not, but just the fact that they were bright red kind of had me intrigued. So taking this idea the guy had, I have a pair of canvas espadrille pumps that I like. I really wanted the white ones, but red was the only color in my size. Now if a teenage boy can wear red shoes with shorts with his buddies around, surely I can wear red shoes too right? RIGHT! :o This morning I went to the post office to drop off a package, and despite passing several folks on the way in (including the elderly guy I held the door for), not one person stared or blinked. The guy at the counter was chatting with the guy in front of me, and he had said something to the effect of "I'm anything but normal". Wish I had heard the first part of the conversation, but the guy behind the counter had long hair, looking a bit like a former hippie. But I admire the line I tuned into. Why should anyone be "normal"? Whether you're a teenage boy wearing red canvas sneakers, a guy wearing his hair long, or a guy who wears high heels, everyone should be whomever they want to be. :-? On the way out, not one person even seemed to notice that I was wearing red canvas pumps. If I really wanted to be daring, I could have worn shorts and showed off the ankle ties too, but I need a bit of a shave right now. :w00t2: . I headed over to the Honda dealer to pick up some fluids I needed to work on my car, and strolling past the salesman showing off a new minivan to a couple, hardly anyone paid attention. Even walking past the service counter in the garage area to find the parts counter, nobody seemed to think anything of it. The parts guy was in front of the counter working on something, and I don't even think he noticed. At least, there was no glancing down while I told him what I needed. While he was out fetching the parts, a couple came up to the cashier's window, along with their kids. I think the dad glanced down, but that was it. No stares or strange looks. I asked if they were in line for the cashier's window, since the parts guy had me go pay the bill while he was getting the parts, but they said no, and to go right ahead. Paid my bill, got the bag with the parts, and went back to my car. Well, for some reason, somebody must have just gotten back from a test drive and decided to leave the car right behind mine. The salesman was chatting with the customer, and I figured once I got into my car the salesman (who was getting into the driver's seat) would move it. Well, he was taking a bit long, well after I had started my car, so I got out to politely ask if I could get out, so he apologized for taking the time, and said have a nice day. Earlier this week I had made a trip over to Radio Shack for a part I needed, and wore my relatively new gladiator-style wedges. I had worn these to Macy's once on another outing I wrote about (different thread). On the way in, the flock of teenage girls I was half expecting a response from didn't make a peep. At one point I was squatting near the base of the racks trying to find the part I needed, and trying patiently to explain to the poor Radio Shack rookie what I was looking for. He certainly didn't seem too concerned with what I was wearing, even though by squatting they were well exposed. Coming out from there I was somewhat relieved I was half a second later opening the door, otherwise I probably would have opened it up right into the kid on the bicycle who came whizzing by at some ridiculous speed. All in all, still more confirmation that most folks really don't care what shoes you wear. :cool1:

post-2079-133522864679_thumb.jpg

post-2079-133522864684_thumb.jpg

Outstanding display of how to try to get noticed in your heels. Thanks for sharing the stories, and showing us all that mostly no-one cares a jot what you're wearing. Just thought I'd add that I like the look of the "gladiators".

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Those are great stories Radiodave. You should have a weekly series in here, "The Adventures of Radiodave." Love the red espadrilles and the Madden cork wedges. We have similar taste but you are a bit braver than I am. We don't live too far apart either. I'm in NW Pennsylvania about 100 miles from Cleveland. Great to have a "neighbor" with unique taste in shoes. Keep the good stories coming....

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

All in all, still more confirmation that most folks really don't care what shoes you wear. :o

Excellent point Radiodave and one that I have thought for a long time!

I love the fact that you are "pushing the envelope," so to speak with red shoes. I have a couple of pair that I have considered wearing out, but have yet to do so. I also love the gladiator sandals, which I think are a great style. I had a pair of men's sandals that were quite similar, minus the wedge heel and all, so I think they are great for outings.

Keep it up...you are great support!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks Shyguy, Highestheels, Docs41, and Happyfeat :o . I was a little nervous about the red shoes, but I figured those were benign enough places to go. Still would like to keep it up, and maybe someday I'll try stilettos. Even my ex-wife is amazed I've worn high heels outside; she admits when we first met I probably wouldn't have tried something like that. Here's to more high heeling adventures, and maybe someday I'll have the experience of meeting a lady who loves the idea of a guy wearing heels. Fingers crossed!

radiodave: The red espadrilles were certainly interesting, stylish too. While I'm not a fan of wedges, your shoes definitely attracted my attention and worked great with the jeans you wore in that picture. Terrific pic, my friend! Don't be worried about wearing those shoes, you look sensational in them. Hope to hear about future outings with you wearing your espadrilles.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 months later...

I guess it has been a while since I had any adventures, as Happyfeat pointed out at the Ohio Heel Meet. And since Happyfeat didn't hold back on some nice pumps, it's only fitting that my latest adventure involves a pair. I figured also since I had been out at the heel meet with my stiletto boots, there shouldn't be much trouble repeating the experience. At the heel meet, I had spotted a pair in DSW and recognized it as one that I had seen up at another DSW here, but not in my size. Coincidentally, a DSW coupon showed up in the mail. Yeah, I know I said I should cut back, but sometimes opportunity knocks. I trucked back down that way, wearing my black low heeled clogs. Sure enough, they had my size, and they fit fine. As usual, nobody seemed to overly concerned about it. These were a pair of Guess mary-jane stilettoes, but they aren't like the many one color shoes I have. These actually have a bit of a two-tone effect going on, with fake croc print for the lower part, and a suede-like upper part with "G" embossed on them. Not the most obscure shoes, but very comfortable, I'm starting to like how Guess shoes fit. Well, I had planned on changing into them and just going back home, but thanks to some traffic and poor planning, I ended up having to go into the mall parking lot to try to turn around. Macy's.... Say, I could use another pair of dress pants for work, but I already changed into my new shoes. Well why not?? What's the worst that will happen? So in I went! :winkiss: I think two people noticed. Perhaps more, but they were the only ones I could spot looking. One guy was having a conversation, and the eyes seemed fixated on my peds, but he didn't miss a beat talking to the other person. A girl at the register was in the middle of a lengthy exhange with two guys and (presumably) her mom. She glanced, but also didn't miss a beat talking to the salesman. I waited for the salesman to finish on the other side of the counter, and at one point one of the guys wandered around toward my side, and while he would have had a good look, he didn't appear to be fixated on them. While I was waiting, another salesman showed up and offered to take me at another register, so as I walked off the carpet and onto the linoleum, I'm sure the other party at the counter was alerted to my noise. The new salesman didn't even seem to notice. Perhaps he got a glance as he showed up at the first register, but he didn't seem to pay any attention to it. On the way out, there were two elderly ladies around the cosmetics counter, and one was seated. Surely the seated one will hear me walking up, but maybe the one talking to the saleslady will take notice too. I don't think either one did! Ah well, home again, and the new shoes are fitting fine. Sorry the picture of me standing didn't come out very well.

post-2079-133522869919_thumb.jpg

post-2079-133522869923_thumb.jpg

post-2079-133522869927_thumb.jpg

I guess it has been a while since I had any adventures, as Happyfeat pointed out at the Ohio Heel Meet. And since Happyfeat didn't hold back on some nice pumps, it's only fitting that my latest adventure involves a pair...

Radiodave, I am so glad that you are posting an adventure! As I said at the heel meet, I enjoy your thread and have missed reading it. You are a true inspiration to me and I am so glad you are sharing a cool experience.

Your story about shopping at Macy's in heels reminded me of doing the same thing many years back. It is a fun thing to do- buying men's clothes while wearing heels. I will say that your shoes were much nicer than the kitten heel sling backs I wore shopping at Macy's.

Also, I LOVE the Mary Janes in your second picture! They are classy and vork very well with the trouser socks. Excellent choice and great style.

Radiodave, I am so glad that you are posting an adventure! As I said at the heel meet, I enjoy your thread and have missed reading it. You are a true inspiration to me and I am so glad you are sharing a cool experience.

Your story about shopping at Macy's in heels reminded me of doing the same thing many years back. It is a fun thing to do- buying men's clothes while wearing heels. I will say that your shoes were much nicer than the kitten heel sling backs I wore shopping at Macy's.

Also, I LOVE the Mary Janes in your second picture! They are classy and vork very well with the trouser socks. Excellent choice and great style.

Thanks HF! Shucks, I'm flattered that I've been an inspiration to you. Here I thought it was the other way around, but thanks for the kind words. Guess I'll have to revive this thread and keep up with it.:winkiss:

Posted Image

Radiodave...

I love these shoes! They are so sexy and look like they would go with many different outfits. This is a great find, indeed. Congratulations and thank you for sharing the pictures and stories with us.

Just now catching up with your thread radiodave. Very nice adventures indeed and I checked out your photo stream from an earlier link. All of the heels you have pictured there look very nice on you. Keep up the great work :winkiss:

Ah, radio. I like old radio shows (as Dave does) and am willing to swap old shows. Dave, I'll try to write directly, but want to post my willingness to swap old radio shows with anyone. When I'm not in HH's I wear open-back clogs. I also like knee-high boots, but that's another story. Long live HH Pl:clap: ace.

• 1 month later...

Shoot, it's been over a month since I've been heeling. Not much of an adventure this time, but I wore my new low-heeled shoes I got at DSW when I went grocery shopping, along with my beige Dockers (funny how those appear so often in my outings), and a maroon dress shirt. A little noisy, but about the only reaction I had was a guy who seemed to be hanging around the dairy section who kept looking my way. I'd look at him, he'd look away. That's about it, and I really can't tell if he was looking at the shoes. I did get a brief smile from a lady walking down one of the aisles after she made a quick look down, so I can say I had a good reaction. She smiled again when we passed again in the next aisle. On the way out, no reaction at all, even when walking past the Salvation Army bell ringer (it is that time of year again... No loose change on me this time though :w00t2: ).

post-2079-133522874351_thumb.jpg

Today was a good day. I got my annual performance review from my boss, which I was a little nervous about this year since we'd had some epic disagreements with him this year (other folks have too, so I'm not alone), but it was better than I expected. Since I was feeling somewhat relieved by that, and I had to run an errand to replace my jump drive, which apparently has a flaky USB connection, I thought I would enjoy myself this evening. Since Monday's outing wasn't much to write about, I surpassed myself today. Today was a VERY good outing! :) I was wearing my favorite sweater (black and white with bands of red, blue, and green in it), but in trying to decide what heels to wear, decided to push the envelope a bit. As if heels weren't enough :w00t2: . So, I wore my women's dress pants which seemed to go well with my BCBGirls ankle strap pumps (the ones in my avatar). Only trouble is, no pockets! For the first time, I used the handbag I had picked up some time ago. First stop was Officemax, to find a new jump drive. No disguising the noisy heels here. A couple folks at the checkout looked up, but nothing else. Had to wander around looking for electronics, but an employee came up and asked if he could help. I told him what I was looking for, and he guided me over to them, pointing out a 2GB one on sale for $9.99. Sold! I thanked him for his help, and he wished a good evening. At the checkout, I had to remind myself that I don't have my wallet in my pants. One lady ahead of me glanced at the shoes, but seemed pretty nonchalant about it. A guy came in from the front door and got right in line behind me. The lady at the register was pleasant, and hardly seemed the slightest bit concerned about a guy with loud shoes and a handbag. I thanked her, and back to my car I went (oh yeah, the keys are in the handbag...;-) ). I went over to the mall to go into Macy's, because I wanted to find a pair of boot cut jeans. Yep, the ones from that section where not many guys roam. I had wondered if I might need to ask someone for some help, but there were plenty of racks of jeans on sale. Size 2 long, that should work since the pants I'm wearing are size 3 and slightly large on me. The ladies browsing didn't seem to mind, and a couple glanced at the shoes. I figured I'll head over to the men's section to avoid any conflicts in the changing rooms. I'm starting to like the sound of my shoes. It makes people look! Heh, I see why Johnieheel likes them loud! At the men's section, the cashier noticed on the way in, and made a brief smile when she saw the shoes. The jeans fit just perfectly! And boy, long is right! They worked with what I had on, but they'll be dragging with anything flat. Quite comfortable too. I caught up with the same cashier, and had to wait a moment for her to finish helping the gentleman with his suit and answering a question for a lady. She had me come up to the counter, and by my reckoning, not one person seems the slightest bit perturbed by my somewhat unusual choice of noisy (yet surprisingly easy and comfortable to walk in) footwear. She complimented me on my sweater, and I thanked her for that. I made a swing through the shoe section (hey, I can't go there without looking at least), and several ladies looked and smiled. One lady couldn't stop looking, so I just looked back and smiled each time. I made my way down the rest of the mall, and stopped in Aldo's. A few pairs caught my eye, and the saleslady quickly came up and asked if I was looking for anything in particular. Of course some folks looked, but certainly nobody made any faces. Not much really called out to me, though there were some nice ones. Leaving Aldo's, I was in the mood for a coffee. So I kept going, past all the kiosks. Then things got interesting! As I was walking past one of the cell phone kiosks, I heard a guy say "Nice shoes!" as I walked past. Wow! a compliment from a complete stranger! A guy even! Now that's a first for me! :lmao: So I turned around, smiled and he repeated "Nice shoes man! Those rock!". So I thanked him for the compliment, and asked, "So, you really think those are cool?" "Yeah! Those look awesome!". I thanked him again, and continued on. He certainly made my day! :clap: There are couple of small kiosks around the Starbuck's counter, and as I walked by, the cute girl working one smiled. The guy working the other kiosk just kept looking even after I got my coffee. I sat down at one of the tables to finish my coffee, and nobody seemed to mind. The kiosk guy kept glancing, so I just kept looking back and smiling. Eventually, a guy had a seat not 10 feet away who would have had full view of my shoes. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I don't even think he looked once. On the way back out, I realized that while I had passed several teenage girls, many of them had looked, but I may as well have been wearing my work shoes. No giggles, no "Ew!" expressions, and nothing untoward. Another detour through Macy's, and while plenty of folks looked, the response was usually a smile. All in all, it was a very pleasant evening. Nobody made even the slightest negative response, plenty of folks noticed, and for the most part, responses were good.

post-2079-133522874558_thumb.jpg

post-2079-133522874568_thumb.jpg

I'm assuming you were in Canton Dave. Wife and I visited office max last weekend in heels and bought a printer for her computer. It was at closing time and every sales person was standing at the door when we left and not one weird or out of the ordinary reaction. I even looked back after they locked the door and no one was laughing, making faces or anything like that. Just went about there business. I guess people are starting to get used to the fact around this area that there are MEN wearing heels. Great outing Dave!:w00t2: That was really cool about the complement from they guy.:lmao:

real men wear heels

Sounds like an great outing! Love the shoes, but using the bag really takes it to the next level. Your whole outfit looks great, though I must say size 2 jeans do make me a bit jealous. I need to get out again myself...it has been too long!

Outstanding Radiodave. I love the fact that no responses and a complement from a guy. I am very impressed. The outfit and pants look great. The bag looks like one I saw at a Gucci store here at the Mall of Mallenium. They call it a Utility Bag for men. It's nice and it make the look better. Congrats on an awesome outing!!!!:w00t2: