Boots of the 20s...

manoleat

• 2 weeks later...

i'd have sex with a hedge-hog for those black ones! wow!

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

yeah... todays thigh-high boots all seem to look like something for strippers & hookers. (not that i have anything AGAINST strippers & hookers, mind you :thumbsup: ) and they all look ALIKE! like all those suburban tract houses built in the '50s & '60s. those thigh highs in your link would gather positive attention in any crowd (cloistered nuns not included). again, BRING ON THE HEDGE-HOG!

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

• 2 weeks later...

Now that is what I call thigh boots and made in the 1920's yet. Makes todays thigh boots seem dull in comparison. Too bad they don't make them like that today, I'd be tempted to try them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 months later...

god they're GORGEOUS!! especially the black ones aaaargh

I think the red ones, if less high (in general) and with less high heels would look good on a man...

Please let me be that man who would try them on for you to see if you do like them:nervous: i think both pairs look stunning, They dont come up like this on Ebay very often:penitent:

Wow, both of those pairs of boots are drop-dead gorgeous! They were definitely specialized purpose, though, because boots were not in fashion in the 20s (T-straps, court shoes, and oxfords were most commonly seen). And heels for everyday use typically topped out at about 3 inches. Of course, these boots are not by any means everyday boots... :w00t2:

I notice the comments on the pages complain about the legs being too long and out of porportion. If you actually look at the boots, they're probably a size 4-6, and with normal length legs and such high heels they would look oddly proportioned.

Coincidentally, I happened upon a pair of 1890s Swedish knee boots that were likely a performer's footwear (be it fetish, circus, or otherwise). RED AND GOLD....BUTTON BOOTS!.....wow. Sucks that the pic is small and grayscale, though.

http://www.metroland.net/back_issues/vol_26_no37/art.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, thigh boots were actually very fashionable in the 1920s. These were designer boots on a par with the Blahniks and Coxes of the world today...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 months later...

yes yes yes like them all the 1st two are wow, and would not mind either pair or both! the B&W pic ones are also very nice thanx for the effort:smile:

Amazing boots. I want some.

London Life was really a (not very well disguised) Fetish magazine. It was full of shoe fetishists and corset worshippers writing made up stories about Swiss finishing schools. See this link for more detail.

The lines are Moiré patterns. Try scanning the image so it is perfectly vertical in the scanner. Also try placing the image at different angles if vertical doesn't work Also try to scan at a higher resolution (at least 300 dpi). See this link for an explanation of Moiré Patterns.

Thanks,

Ben

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...