Freestyle king Eddie Izzard

I like Eddie, i think had (and still has) a very positive influence in opening people's mind and pushing the limits of acceptance of free style. I should get more recognition from us.. By the way, from which magazine do these pics come from ? Vanessa

I like Eddie, i think had (and still has) a very positive influence in opening people's mind and pushing the limits of acceptance of free style.

I should get more recognition from us..

By the way, from which magazine do these pics come from ?

Vanessa

Vanessa

The pics came from and Elle magazine article Nov 95. If you want to read that article, which is excellent and is how I really feel check this out.

http://fabulous.future.easyspace.com/izz9511.htm

Love Julietta xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Thanks,

I'll go and have a look.

But Nov 95 .... how is he these days....

Vanessa

Still looks the same in fact only realised today that the article was so long ago. Jxx

Let calm be widespread

• 1 month later...

What an interesting chap Julietta.Never heard of him untill reading about his green bra in one of your earlier posts. Don't know why I havn't come across him before...maybe I've just lived a sheltered life :lol: .

Anyway,I think he wears his clothes well,(if you know what I mean) and is very coordinated. I found his thoughts on Freestyle dressing mirror my own in many ways and was encouraged by what he had to say.

Couldn't help myself and had to check out Eddies shoe section at "Cake or Death".Quite a cool selection and liked most of what I saw, especially the heeled slides.

Wow, this guy really gets out there and dose it. "Rock on !"

http://www.auntiemomo.com/cakeordeath/shoesnew.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jim hi, He is so sexy from a female point of view (well mine anyway) and I think he is so sexy because he is comfortable being who he is with pride and confidence and I guess the freedom now because he is out. He certainly does wear his clothes well too. He dresses with style and doesn't have that drag queen look. I would say he has cracked the androgenous look perfectly without loosing his sexuality, "a male lesbian" as he describes himself and definate king of freestyle dressing. Glad you have been inspired by him. Love Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

My sister and her fiancee had their photo taken with Eddie after they went to one of his shows. I doubt they have the same fashion-orientated appreciation of him as some of us might. It's a shame I couldn't have met him at the same time... He's such a funny guy... SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find the thread that mentioned Vivienne Westwoods androgenous look to post this but as it is Eddie Izzard have put this here. So for those of you guys out there wondering about those breast prothesis, check out Eddie with his on this site.....

http://www.izzardlounge.com

Let calm be widespread

I had a look through the pictures on that site, and found this pic:

Posted Image

I quite like this one, cos it shows him wearing a great suit (which any guy could wear) and a nice pair of heeled boots!

There's loads of great pics on that site... definitely worth checking out if you haven't done so already!

SH

Those breast are prosthesis breasts and belonged to Gwyneth Paltrow from some film she used them in. I read about it in some interview he did on breast envy. If I find it I'll post it. They really look good though he has certainly practised at being very femme.

Let calm be widespread

Wow... I never knew prosthetic breasts could look that realistic... I'm impressed! I should have got some for my last day of school.... or are they raaaaaather expensive (as I suspect they are)? SH

I remember seeing a website on these somewhere. I can't remember if they were expensive though. They are something else though. Sure you just want them for that one occassion though Squirrel? :lol:

Let calm be widespread

• 6 months later...

While leafing through newspapers accumulated during my recent trip, I came across an article in the Los Angeles Times reviewing an Eddie Izzard one-man show that was in LA for a week around mid-September. He was described as a transvestite (I'm waiting for a women in a men's suit to be described that way :x ). A B&W picture with the article showed Eddie wearing fingernail polish, a leather skirt, nylons, and pumps. The review was quite favorable and the show's run was said to be sold out. Apparently his very appearance on stage provoked so much applause that he was reported to have said "But, I haven't said anything, yet." My favorite quip quoted was that many Europeans thought the twin towers disaster occurred on November 9th, because that is the way 9/11 is interpreted there.