Your first awareness of gal's legs/footwear

sabotalot

I was about 12 years old, and Ellen would wear low-cut baby-doll shoes. I liked her, but the attire that so attracted me to her made me realize that I could wear slightly unconventional styles, too, but not until I got to college, and discovered clogs.

Very young. Since I could remember. I am sure having 2 sisters only didn't help. Or maybe it did.... Early teens was when I realised what heels and tight pants did for women. My sister's friend, Tracy, always wore hot things (80's...spandex, pumps, big hair, etc), and stayed over the house a lot. I was in love... Of course it didn't hurt that she wore same size shoes as I did back then.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I don't seem to get "looks" because my favorite style is hh clogs, which, when walking, look relatively low-key. I do get a kick out of sitting down and waiting for a carry-out pizza, or waiting for my laundry to dry at the coin-op laundry, when my cuffs ride up, due to sitting.

probably noticed women in heels as early as 4 years old. enjoyed the thrill of looking and admiring women in heels ever since. wore my older sisters' shoes when I was about 13. bought my first pair when I was 20. love to see women in heels more than wearing them myself. I could write a book on my shoe adventures thru life.

t-straps are my favorite style.

Like others here, I honestly cant remember when I first noticed. I have always found women in pumps and boots attractive. My sister never really wore boots or high heeled pumps in her teens but one day she arrived home with a new pair of brown knee high soft leather pull on boots. She wore them alot so I just had to admire them for a while but one day she was out, along with everyone else and I had the pleasure of wearing them for a few hours.

Probably was interested in trying it from my earliest memories, though I think the biggest thing that got me started, was my best friends sister. I was in love with her for many years starting about the age of 11, she was a year older than me, eventually she became my best friend for many years to follow (wrongfully replacing her brother as my best friend probably for all the wrong reasons), but thats about as far as it went. We even went to the prom together, but only as friends (lame). I lusted for her and she was totally oblivious to it. Anyway, she always wore the hottest shoes and had perfect legs, at least in my eyes. I guess since I couldnt have her, I probably unknowingly wanted to emulate her (yes maybe should have considered therapy at that point :thumbsup: ). I "borrowed" a couple of pairs from her vast collection that I knew she would never miss, and kept them for several years. That was what started me down this path I think. Also had two older sisters, which probably didnt help much for my hobby.

My elder sister and mum both wore stilettos on a regular basis. I hadn't paid much attention until i was about 10 when, at a friends, we played dress-up with his elder sisters things. Half an hour in her white stilettos, and well, the rest is history.

totter along into history

My mom wore high heels all of the time, even sometimes just around the house. She even wore them until she could barely walk anymore and had to stop wearing the. The first high heels that I put on were her high heels. I always was attracted to women in the 60's in real life and in the movies that wore those pointed toed stiletto high heels.

I recall a friend of my mother's coming over for an afternoon visit and she brought her daughter along. We were both about 5 or so, I guess, so that puts things in the late 60's. Anyway, the daughter had on kid's version of black patent go-go boots, and she and I played in the yard. I'll never forget her trying to climb up to my treehouse and her mother chastising her for maybe "messing up her boots". Sadly, no older sister to borrow shoes from!

"It's just a flesh wound"

I think the first time that I really became aware of the allure of a woman wearing heels was when my first grade teacher wore high heeled boots with her outfits, and she wore them often. She would also wear them with a woman's trench coat styled rain coat. She was a confident woman. And even at a young age, I could tell that she was dressed in a "chic" jet-setter sort of way. And thus began the attraction....

I don't know which order it happened but I can remember playing on te lawn in my Grandmother's front garden and seeing the high slingback stilettos on all the teenage girls as they walked to the bus stop in pairs or threes. About that time mum let me try on a pair of her stiletto boots and the rest is history.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I cannot say for sure that it was my first awareness of gal's shoes, but my first memory was in kindergarten. I had a crush on this girl who was a bit of a tomboy. One day she wore a dress and these purple patent mary janes and I was simply perplexed. At the end of the day, I told her how much I liked her shoes (yes at 5 years old I was complementing women on their shoes.) Truth was I liked her, liked her shoes and wanted shoes just like them. She moved away not too long after that. years later we ran into each other and she remembered my love for her shoes. However, by that time her taste in footwear had largely evaporated.

Style is built from the ground up!

As I have said in previous threads, my first attraction to heels was my mothers red pumps. I was 3-4 and she let me have them to play in. I loved clip clopping around on the hard wood floors in the house and I'm sure she got a kick out of it also. Later when I started 1st grade I started noticing mary janes of all kinds and the rest is history. Had a younger sister but her shoes were to small for me, although I tried to get them on my feet anyway. Then later around the age of 12 or 13, I tried on a pair of my moms white pumps and they fit great!. I was hooked.

real men wear heels

I was a late bloomer - college! I grew up with a brother, no sisters, and a mother who never wore heels, so I had no chance of trying them on as a kid. In college, the roommate of my gf asked me to take some clothes to the recycling place one time. A pair of burgundy strappy sandals with a 3" straight heel about an inch square was at the top of the bag. Needless to say, the sandals never made it to the recycle bin. I was hooked from then on! GWL

I don't know which order it happened but I can remember playing on te lawn in my Grandmother's front garden and seeing the high slingback stilettos on all the teenage girls as they walked to the bus stop in pairs or threes.

About that time mum let me try on a pair of her stiletto boots and the rest is history.

As I have said in previous threads, my first attraction to heels was my mothers red pumps. I was 3-4 and she let me have them to play in. I loved clip clopping around on the hard wood floors in the house and I'm sure she got a kick out of it also.

Later when I started 1st grade I started noticing mary janes of all kinds and the rest is history.

Had a younger sister but her shoes were to small for me, although I tried to get them on my feet anyway.

Then later around the age of 12 or 13, I tried on a pair of my moms white pumps and they fit great!. I was hooked.

Aren't our mom's great (and I do mean that sincerely). Their love of high heels led to our love of high heels. Reading these posts brings back great memories concerning my mom's high heel collection.

I was about 12 years old, and Ellen would wear low-cut baby-doll shoes. I liked her, but the attire that so attracted me to her made me realize that I could wear slightly unconventional styles, too, but not until I got to college, and discovered clogs.

My first memory was my Aunt when I was in 1st grade or there abouts. She wore 3.5 to 4 inch heels all the time and tight skirts and hose too. Occasionally capris (then called pedal pushers for those that remember). I tried her heels a couple of times. Certainly changed my life.

Then there was the grade school teacher (5th I think) who wore 3.5 inch knee high boots. First time I saw them I couldn’t take my eyes off of the boots or her. I was hooked on boots after that. I like heels but boots are the biggest pizzazz.

Aren't our mom's great (and I do mean that sincerely). Their love of high heels led to our love of high heels.

I dunno, Roni. The only time I stole my mom's she was very pissed off when she found it wasn't one of my sisters..LOL

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Hrm, I noticed shoes before school.. I remember being interested in others shoes in pre-k. So you could say it started a bit early for me.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Like most of you guys, I started wearing my mum's heels when I was 11 or 12, when my parents used to letting me alone at home for a few hours. It was each time a great thrill to try each of the pairs she had. I remember also my teacher of english was always wearing a pair of 3" stiletto sandals...:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

the first memory of heels goes back to when i was 4 or so...my grandmother was a snazzy broad that dressed very well...everything matched,including her heels...which she stomped around in excellently. she was hot stuff let me tell you...married 6 times and ruled the roost...yeehaw

Sounds a repeat of everyone else but am the same, started about 10/11 when I was in love with my next door neighbour, she was older but at the time Madonna was just coming into her peak and she was always trying to copy her image and had a pair of yellow patent high heels exactly like she wears in the Borderline video and that was when it all started! She had a superb collection of high heels in every colour you could think of and I used to imagine being in her house and trying them all on and walking around! Funny though as I dont actually own a pair of yellow high heels....yet!!

I suppose after I had figured out what shoes were for and that others were wearing shoes also, I must have saw some that caught my eye. Of course, being too young to remember the days of my babyhood, I can only summize this was my original introduction to the style of shoes I desired to wear. As a toddler, I can remember wanting to wear my sister's Mary Janes and was told no, because they were her's, but that didn't stop me from wearing them when she wasn't around to stop me. Later, when she couldn't wear them any more and had to up-grade to a larger size, I took possession of them dispite any of the admonitions voiced to the contrary. It was a bit of a wait, but finally I had the shoes I wanted to wear. They hardly ever left my feet, with the exceptions of having to take my baths or changing clothes. However, as soon as I could they were put back on. I didn't want to take the chance someone would think I had lost my desire or interest. Until the natural course of use made them no longer wearable - where they were, I was wearing them. Disgarding them was a very traumatic and heartbreaking realization. This sorrow was dwarfed when I was told I would not be permitted to get another pair as my sister had done when she grew out of them. Why couldn't they see how much I wanted another pair? Didn't I show them I could wear them? This meant I would have to go back to sneaking my sister's or mom's when ever I saw the opportunity. What was wrong with me in having this desire? I knew how I felt. Their denying my need to have the shoes I wanted, led to only strengthening this desire. I was alone in my thoughts concerning this. The door seem to be closed to any type of discourse and I was too young to know how to deal with this situation. So, I learned to be secretively quiet. I could not explain to them the reasons I took the shoes I desired to wear, when found out. It became a subject to be swept under the rug every time they caught me wearing my desired footwear. They probably expected it was a stage that I would grow out of. Well, here I am! Now this thread is suppose to be about my first awareness of girls and their footwear. Well this experience wasn't the infactuated first impression I believe to be sought, but this is when I learned of the difference that society made the distinction. I guess my first obvious realization of the beauty of girl's legs along with their footwear was when I was around five years of age. I have all ready explained my desire and girls were the models displaying the footwear up to this time. Then came one moment when a lovely girl appeared and somehow she helped me to connect the dots just by seeing her in an outfit that looked devine with her 3.5" stiletto court shoes. From then on, the models became girls with the ability to present a total package of beauty, especially when they wore the footwear that fulfilled every desire I wanted to wear.

I dunno, Roni. The only time I stole my mom's she was very pissed off when she found it wasn't one of my sisters..LOL

I was an only child so I couldn't blame it on my sister. When mom saw me in her high heels, she just calmly and politely reminded me that I was a boy, not a girl. I kept wearing them anyway when she wasn't home.

1970's and puberty... Everyone wore heels, platforms were worn by male and femal rock stars and my school teachers. I remember two teachers who always captivated me. One, a beautiful woman who always wore 'pant suits' with 4-5 inch heels. And this guy who taught math, he always wore 5" heels. He must have had dozens of pairs of shoes. When he'd sit on the edge of the desk, he'd put one shoe up on the seat. His pants would reveal these gorgeous shoes and boots with massive heels. I had wood in his class every day!!! I'm mostly str8, but I've had a few man crushes. He was my first man crush. What I wouldn't have done for him.... :thumbsup:

Hmm... Can't remember just what age, but I seem to remember my first grade teacher had some nice mary jane heels. Older sister also had some nice heels too. I think it really took off when I was around 12-13 and girls at school started wearing heels. That's probably when I really started staring at them and wishing I could wear them too.

Then there was the grade school teacher (5th I think) who wore 3.5 inch knee high boots. First time I saw them I couldn’t take my eyes off of the boots or her. I was hooked on boots after that.

Oh the teacher! I must have been 11 or so and one teacher wore black wet look knee high stretch boots - ummmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! She had slightly wider calves and those boots stretched! When she wore them, I couldn't take my eyes off of them! But if she wasn't wearing them, that high powered attraction just wasn't there. I guess things haven't changed so much for me in the last 44 years!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all about the heel!

Early teens i actually realised i love heels, my morning tutor always wore "cute" heels shall i say, 3inch pointed toe boots were her favourite, but it wasnt until i was talking to a girl i had a crush on (who had great legs and shoe sense) that i made a passing comment about being uncomfortable in heels for school that she then turned up in new 2inch heel square toe dolly bar shoes by Faith a few days later! I found my size of those shoes on Ebay almost a year later, and at the end of Secondary school the whole class chipped in to buy our morning tutor a leaving present; a pair of 3inch light pink pointed toe slingbacks, it's safe to say it confirmed i loved how good heels (and some flats) looked and wanted more for myself ever since.

• 3 weeks later...