Outed in a very nerve-wracking way!

Back in 1994, I worked in Boston as a mailroom clerk for a large finacial company. As a 20 year old who had a closet "thing" for heels, I was just starting to get out (working in Boston helped) and buy some "stuff". Well, I was working 2nd shift then (3-11:30PM), and my shcedule would be such that I would do my last mail pick-up run to another bulding (about 3 blocks from the mailroom) at 10:45, get back to the mailroom about 11:20...sort through the mail really fast, leave, catch the subway and get to my train about 11:50 in time for the 11:59PM train to my hometown (last of the night)... About a month after starting that shift, while doing the last run on the 41rst floor (I'd have to pick-up mail from the 41rst, 42nd, and 44th floors), I noticed a pair of GORGEOUS 3 3/4" stiletto sling-backs in a cubicle on my route. It was obvious the lady who worked there wore her sneakers in and shoes while there. Well, luck would have it she wore size 10....my size! Obviously, late at night (very rare to have anyone there), I HAD to try them on...beautiful fit! Little test walk...awsome! Next day, my plan was hatched to wear stockings under my uniform (black slacks with navy blue collared shirt...went well with black stockings and these sling-backs!). So arrived, slipped off my ugly shoes...slipped on her sling-backs, and went about my route. What a feeling!! Over the next couple weeks, I did this 2-3 days per week, and always enjoyed it immensely! One time, I almost got back too late as time went by a little too fast... So, this random day comes, and I, as usual, slip off my shoes and leave them near the guard station at the elevator bay, walk just around the corner to her cubicle, and slipped on her shoes. No sweat. Did the 41rst floor, no probs, until I got back to the elevator to go do the other floors from the back way and the cleaning crew were in the lobby!! Panic! Run back the way I came! I was a very shy 20 yr old then, wearing nice high heels...but there I was, cringing and anxiously waiting for the cleaning crew to leave before I had a heart attack! They did leave, but I had no time to change back, as I was now running late. Did the other floors as fast as possible in stilettos, got back to the 41rst floor to change back to leave...and the cleaning crew took my old shoes!!!!! Oh MY GOD!! Now what?? So, I ran around, panicking, looking (hoping) for some guy to have left some pair of loafers or something in their cube. NO luck! 11:35PM comes...I HAVE to leave wearing these shoes!! I am ready to cry... Of course, in the lobby were polished granite floors...and I had to walk by the guards on the way out...then 3 blocks along the busy shopping area...then up the elevator to drop off (left it next to the elevator in panic) my mail (unsorted)...and with my head down, click-clicked through the street to JUST make my subway....packed with Celtic fans! Horror. The worst part was walking through North Station (Boston Garden) with hundreds of Celt fans just getting out of the game. The occasional whistle, "hey babe" comments from drunks...etc.... I just made the 11:59PM train. Cowarded in the corner of the furthest car, I still had all kinds of people (it seemd at the time) staring at my feet.... Cab ride home was fun. Talk about shocking yourself into going out in public (that was my first time..and last for a while!). Of course those sling-backs became a nice part of my collection. Occasional midnight walks around town with them... I would, however, have loved to see the lady's face when she came into work the next day! :thumbsup: True story.

• Like 2

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I'm sure a lot of us have done things like this. I was a watchman in a factory on weekends, and had a chance to do this when no one else was around. Fortunately, I've graduated to styles that are not too showy, I am pleased. Thankfully, had no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

i had an episode like that in junior high school. i snuck back into the classroom at lunchtime to try on a pair of one my gal classmates boots. just as i got the second one on the teacher came in the room. the look on her face was priceless...pure horror. i was too young and scared to appreciate it at the time. she admonished me at length on my heinous activity and promised further discipline if i did it again. amazing what people will kick under the rug isnt it...if i was smoking a doobie,etc i would have been keelhauled and hung from the tallest yardarm in the fleet.

It's interesting to know how many people felt the same urges to HAVE to try other's shoes on here growing up. While I've been in some precarious heeling places, the feeling of dread that I felt, riding down that elevator to the main lobby in those sweet sling-backs, was a feeling that I still get a chuckle over to this day! Total helplessness...

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

• 4 months later...

I remember working in the office in Junior High and an awesome pair of wooden heels with ankle straps was in the Lost and Found pile. How I wanted to grab them. I had the opportunity a couple of times but chickened out. I wore my mom's shoes when I got home until she arrived.

I had a similar opprotunity once when I was teaching. The teachers lounge was empty and there sat a pair of black patent flat heel kneehigh boots with the fuzzy interior as it was winter time. As I was inbetween classes and the lounge was empty, I took them into the bathroom and locked the door. I removed my shoes and just as soon as I got both boots on, someone came into use the bathroom. After knocking on the door and asking who was in there and getting no reply, the lady left. I was quiet and didn't answer and thank goodness the boots weren't hers. When all was quiet in the hall again, I removed the boots, being careful to place them back as they were before and in the very same postion, I entered the hall and went back to my room like nothing happened. No one knew and nothing ever came of it after that, thank goodness. I was careful after that not to do anything like that ever again on the job. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

great story stilettoscot! My first time wasn't that long ago and was quite interesting and unplanned. I live in a terraced property with a garage at the end facing out onto an alleyway. It was a typically British damp, dark winters evening and I was taking the rubbish out to the bins in the garage. I'd been wearing my 4" thick stilletto ankle boots with boot cut jeans during the afternoon as I often do. It was a windy day and as I walked from the house the back door blew shut and the bolt dropped down. I thought never mind until I realised I put the front door key on the side... My uncle lives nearby (about half-a-mile) and has a spare front door key for emergencies. I had the car keys but I couldn't drive as I had some alcohol in the afternoon. Fueled with a bit of dutch courage and no alternative, I thought what the hell, let's go for a walk - the boots weren't that visible, they're not that noisy and I can walk well in them. I also figured that there wouldn't be too many people about as it was late. I was really nervous at first when I headed out into the street. I was going to keep to the back roads to avoid people but as I walked around a corner and literally bumped into my neighbour, I completely startled myself and almost fell over. We chatted for a couple of mins and he didn't even look down once. I felt so charged after this encounter I carried on much more confidently. I reach my uncle's, rang the bell, asked him for the key, he even looked down at my feet and didn't say anything. On the way back I went via the more main streets walking passed people realising that no-one actually notices each other! I even passed a work colleague who was none the wiser. I just didn't want to stop so I carried on passed my house and just walked around. I even went in the local convenience store and bought a few items. About an hour-and-half later I finally decided to go home after my first heeling adventure. Anyone thinking about going out you should just do it. Most people won't even notice and you'll have an amazing time.