Thanks everyone!

Well, my first post...:smile: I am a 33 yr old hetero man, born and raised near Boston, MA. Ever since I can remember I've had a "thing" for women's shoes (and things like stockings, garters, etc...), but even dabbling with it at "safe" times and places (home or out late night strolls), it's been something I've "had" to surpress for years. Was married 5 years, and shared my love for the above with her. Big mistake.:thumbsup: Happily divorced 4 years now... Of course that was only part of it, but it hurt me to know the women I loved didn't accept my passions. Only a couple close friends (women) and my older sister knew...except, I am sure, my parents who I bet found some of my items back when I was a teen..:wink: Always could walk very well in high heels, and simply, as I am sure many of you know well enough, feel great in them. I can still remember the excitement when I was first working in Boston of buying a pair of size 10, 5" stiletto pumps. Luckily for me, my feet are very small for my size, and slender. Those were gorgeous shoes (wish I still had them), and how I felt in them was more than I can describe. Heck, I even remember sneaking into my sister's friend's mother's closet and trying on her high heels when I has like 5 or 6. Or finding (and subsequently keeping) a pair of nice stiletto sandals while playing baseball when I was like 12 or 13. Fun time trying to sneak them home rolled into my shirt with a bunch of neighborhood kids around! Now, though, I have been more "brazen" with my heel wearing. Nights, driving during the day, doing errands (even things that I don't really need to do at the time)...just trying to dare myself to wear them in public more. I only own 5 pairs now, all stiletto from 4" L'heroux and pumps, 4 1/2" slingbacks and pumps, and 5 1/2" clear heeled "clubbing" sandals. I rarely buy any other color than black, but my slingbacks are brown to match an outfit I like. I dress in regular (boring usually) men's clothing (unless I am clubbing at a local gay bar wearing my clear heels, garter-n-stockings, and tight skirt), and even with bland men's clothes, the heels look and feels great! As far as my build, well, I'm 6' tall and very muscular (235lbs). Not your typical heel wearer. Wide shoulders, big chest...yet walk well in them. They "slim" my appearance a bit, which I like. Because of my build, I have no interest in dressing like a women from my waist up at all, and besides stockings, rarely do so below. Over the last few months, I have come to grips with my passion for heels enough to "come out" to many people in my life. Family, many friends (especially my friends who are gay/lesbian who are usually way more accepting), etc. In doing so, I have been more encouraged to wear my shoes out in public more. Hoping to feel as confident in doing so as many of you (thanks for the inspiration!!:wink1: )!! It was an eye opener, but, besides my ex, the people in my life have been good about it. Is there anyone here from the MA north shore area? It'd be nice to actually meet someone who shares in my passion for shoes besides just at a club. Just wanted to say thank you for this site. I will definately stick around! Scott PS, I'd like to learn how to post pics. Wish this forum had the typical "browse" upload system for dummies like me..B)

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Well, my first post...:thumbsup:

Just wanted to say thank you for this site. I will definately stick around!

Scott

Welcome scott, hope you enjoy your time here and make many new friends :smile:

PS, I'd like to learn how to post pics. Wish this forum had the typical "browse" upload system for dummies like me..:wink1:

It does, but not for "Brand new members" so dont worry, once your been here a week+ and made 5+ contributions to the community, more features will open up to you, such as attaching images to your posts.

Its just to encourage new members to take some time to look around and see whats available first and catch up on whats going on.

(Doesnt it mention this in your welcome email?)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Welcome stilettoscott. Your story brings back very old times in my early years. The hiding, sneaking out at night, trying on neighbors shoes when they were not looking etc etc. How far we have come. You have came to the the right place.

real men wear heels

Thanks Johnie and Richie!

I went out to a friend's house to play poker with the "boys" and gals". Noone seemed to mind, even the people waiting at the elevators. One of the ladies there did inquire about my shoes, how I walk in them, and if we could go shopping one time together!!

This was my outfit. Nothing special, except my shoes. I love 'em!

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w143/Big_Carphuna/?action=view&current=heel.jpg

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Welcome Scot! You've come to the right place. Sorry things didn't go so well with your s/o. Lots of others here with wives and girlfriends who are cool with it. My wife was cool with them too, although we split for other reasons. Good for you for trying them outside, something I'm doing more of too.

welcome stilettoscott. If you like heels, you will love this forum. I am sure that you will soon find some other men in the Boston area that also enjoy wearing heels. Why not search the members roster and see if you can find someone that lives close to you? At any rate, nice to have you here. And, we're looking forward to reading all aboout your high heel adventures. :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Scot. Dress with class instead of looking like someone who lost a drinking game! The shoes are fine and the outfit is ok for a man, but both together. :thumbsup: If I was walking along and saw you I would possibly cross the street and run away laughing. Please take another look in the mirror and see where you could improve things. It's not that hard :smile: It's like car 'tuners' who modify the engine and nothing else and end up as a road death statistic. What should be done is... Learn how to drive fast at an advanced driving school... Then sort out the brakes then the suspension and only then touch the engine. If not you will end up dead in the back of a pick up truck. Sorry to sound rude. But I think in the long run I'm doing you a favour! Big love, Ben

Any tips for me, then? Please PM them to keep the thread on topic....

Dont worry, you have quite a number of threads with your picture, I moved these last few posts into 1 thread where others might be able to help you refine your image.

Best done in public threads though, not via PM only.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Any tips for me, then? Please PM them to keep the thread on topic....

This applies to EVERYONE that wears stilettos with baggy jeans and shapeless t shirts...

1. Go and see a stylist. Be honest and tell them you want to integrate heels into your look.

2. Ditch the baggy t shirt. Get a really nice slightly feminine shirt instead.

3. Burn those jeans then go and buy some that show off you legs.

4. Go and buy a great slim cut jacket.

5. Buy some shoes that don't make you look like you are on 2 little sticks.

6. Smile more

7. Look in the mirror and realise how great you look.

Guest Loveshiheels

Hello and welcome to HHplace. Somewhere in your post you say that your not the typical heel wearer. What male is a typical heel wearer.

Dressing tips? Check out Kneehighs, JeffB and Thighbootguy's postings (as well as a few others). They all know what goes with best what when it comes to males dressing with heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Stilettoscot... Welcome to High Heels Place. I too am a heterosexual male who has worn high heels for years. I wear high heels in public, too. I dress in men's suits, sometimes fedora hats, and I wear 4" and 5" stiletto high heels similar to the pair in your picture. I can definitely relate to you brief introduction and bio. You are going to fit in great here at this website. Have fun and hope to hear more from you soon. Welcome again.