flip flops are bad for the feet!

They sure are popular, though. Must have been 50 different pairs on sale at the shoe store this afternoon. (all different colors, and ornaments on the toe straps). Not a pretty sight to the "real" heel lover. :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

They sure are popular, though. Must have been 50 different pairs on sale at the shoe store this afternoon. (all different colors, and ornaments on the toe straps). Not a pretty sight to the "real" heel lover. :thumbsup:

They are a fad. Most places they're pretty inexpensive. When I was growing up, they were called thongs. Now they make bright colors, add designs to them, advertise them, call them flip-flops: the latest fashion trend, and they sell like hotcakes and it seems like every other person is wearing them. That's great marketing on a cheap product that we now find is not good for you to wear. How about that?

Fad Huh?? I don't know where you are, But here in NY Manhattan and rural areas they are going strong!! for more than 2 seasons!! They are being worn by all kinds of women too! It's times like these that make me wish for the winter again.. at least then i saw heeled boots! sure there are lots of cute feet to look at and some not so cute.. but i would like to see some shoes fit for a woman!

Cheers

Fad Huh??

I don't know where you are, But here in NY Manhattan and rural areas they are going strong!! for more than 2 seasons!! They are being worn by all kinds of women too! It's times like these that make me wish for the winter again.. at least then i saw heeled boots! sure there are lots of cute feet to look at and some not so cute.. but i would like to see some shoes fit for a woman!

You're right, they are not a fad, they are a monster! What started out something simple and inexpensive (few colors to choose) is now flooding the the market as I described above. No, where I live it is the same a s you described. Fad was the wrong choice of word in this case.

I have a friend who lives in Paris who came to visit me. We went out for the day.. she could not believe the number of people men and women wearing "beach shoes"! I told her that she should not say that too loud as i could not vouch for her safety. We also went to a wedding MORE OF THEM THERE TOO!!" she asked me if "americans work"? I asked her what did she mean.. she went on to tell me that she has never seen so many beach shoes- but not at the beach! she has seen them at work sites,weddings, parties, "I would never wear such silly shoes in france". I just think they are ugly and serve no purpose except at the beach.. and that might be a stretch too..

Cheers

Moderation is the key word in the video. My issue with flip-flops is that they seem to have become omnipresent as a fashion trend. In my opinion, they are akin to being barefoot and should not be acceptable anywhere shoes are required. They are NOT fashionable unless you are at the beach/pool, etc. The increase in casualness of fashion is most disturbing and there are alternatives for attractive flat sandals.

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks for the reply. I believe that very much! I do think that FF'S belong on the beach and that's pretty much it. I think it's too bad that they are being accepted everywhere. oh well winter's coming at least there will be Boots to look at.

Cheers

Well folks, I'm abot to add "FitFlops" to my collection!!!

I'm also about to add a few styles by Crocs which are very comfortable!!!

Just be careful walking in these shoes. You don't want to hurt yourself. LOL.

y does the word "sad" come to mind... crocs: let me get out ,with regrets, from my rubber room at St Mildreds. Flip flops - please look at all your other flipflop wearers... Hmm... do we really want 2 be in their posse... I know i swear a bit, and have been told off by the moderators, but crocs.... Moderators, please fill in the blanks 4 me crocs r ....

Look Folks, Like I just Got done Saying to the LOVELY YOUNG LADIES, Do YOUR HOMEWORK, AS IN Do The Research, try DIFFERENT Things!!! As You And Possibly YOUR SIGNIFIGICANT OTHER MAY LIKE, BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF Y'ALL, Nick!!!

Well folks, I'm abot to add "FitFlops" to my collection!!!

Well Folks, I Just ordered a pair of Fit Flops Isos In Dark Bronze patent and I love them already as much as I love all of my Danskos, Including my Margurietes that I just ordered in Brown Pull-Up Cabrio!!:thumbsup: