Come on people, let's post our ideas!

It's amazing the number of people reading this forum but not posting anything. Often I'll see 5-7 people "browsing" the forums. I'll come back later to see nothing has been added. OK, we can't force you to post, and I do know some people do prefer to read, but please don't be shy if that's what's bothering you. Delurk now, and share your opinions. Everyone's (friendly) opinions are most welcome here. And when you do finally "come out," you'll often enourage others to do so too.

I notice that a lot as well. and judging by the amount of viewings that some threads get, you would have thought that more would have been posted. Oh well! If they don't wanna talk, but just lurk in the shadows, then there's not a great deal we can do about them. Someone will eventually break the ice for them and we'll have a torrent of messages :smile: Here's to wishing B)

That's all in your mind Doug. You seem to think we have some personal vendetta against you. Not true. The thread in question was deleted at the request of Susan and Arno who both agreed things had gone too far and I was happy to comply with their wishes. As for us "tracking" people, that's ridiculous. You're right about one thing; you're not welcome to make unfounded and untrue accusations like that. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-31 05:15 ]</font>

Doug,

I don't know what went on in the past on the other board(s) between you and other people, so I won't get into that.

From your post I get the sence that you don't feel welcome here and you state that we only aim at heel wearing people. This is absolutely not true. Quote from the introduction page: The main feature of this site at the moment are the forums. There you can get in touch with fellow heel wearers and admirers.

I don't know where you got the idea of not being welcome here, but let me tell you, you are. In fact, everybody is... As long as they treat others with respect.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Quote: If that's true how did anyone know I was from the south west US? Heck, here you are tracking us now. 1. No, we aren't 2. Yes, you are welcome even if you are an admirer as Jeff says. 3. If you want to contact people for on line or RL relationships, please use the contact forum provided. You may also use the private message system (if you care to register, that is). Introductions on PM's are fine. Continued solicitation and harrassment is not. This has got way off topic now. If you have any further grievences, please feel free to contact me on PM or email. I'd like to get back on topic to encourage all those lurkers out there to say hello occasionaly :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Firefox/everyone,well there are people posting still - here's another! Like the heels Firefox,I've got a long mission ahead to reach those,but something tells me I'm going to enjoy it - cos this is my favorite site! Getting back to the subject,r u looking for new ideas for the site only? or can we indulge ourselfs? If I may be so bold,being from the UK ,I would like to see a separate forum just for us - people from UK,who r into higheels or things of that nature,It's a small world - I might have neighbours that r into this and never know! That way it would be easier to locate posts from my area,and if there were other countries for other people too,it's just a thought,it could be grouped into one forum -appropriately titled, and say for people who specifically want to get other peoples attension in their area,and talk 'HHeels'. Bfn.

Maybe not a separate forum is required, but you are welcome start a "UK heel wearers thread" in general, or in "real life meetings". In fact, I've started one for you there. Any UK heel wearers can post information specific to UK wearers there. I've also set one up for Australian and USA wearers and Benelux wearers. They don't have to be about real life meetings specifically, just local items of interest.

While I approve the setup for local interesting things I much prefer the global idea. If the previous board would have been split like that we would never have had those European heel meets. Segretating us would for sure close the door to a world heel meet. Even splitting up between genders is already doubtfull. Why couldn't our heel meets be open to all, I'm sure girls from all over the world would be interested in a shopping trip through London or Paris mainly directed at available footwear.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Hiya Highluc, Agree with you, but there are some who might be a bit sensative, hence the split in the boards. Me, well I don't care, think you'll find Debbie and myself (female mod's) look at all the board's, yeah and contribute. Including the guy's board. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Segregation, such an awful word. It should only be used for when one is doing the laundry. We need to have some division on topics, I think. Have you ever noticed that women can go off in a large group and talk, and they wish the men to stay away? It's just what we need sometimes. It's all about happy compromise. A little something for everyone!

I think that the board is quite well balanced at the moment, but I agree that strict segregation isn't a good idea. I agree with laurie that the girls to sometimes feel the need for "girly" chat without blokes around, is that why they go to the toilets en-mass? B) Only kidding laurie, but I hope most people find the board as well balanced as I do :smile:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

I agree, this board needs to stay balanced. Part of the purposes of this board is to merge people to getter to accept high heels for both sexes.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

On the subject of the amount of people just browsing, i've got admit doing some of that myself! But I would like to see more of the Anonymous browsers registering, the more voices the more varied the discussions, so come on, register, login and join the debate :smile:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Yes, Bob, that is why we visit the ladies' room in such large groups. We like the company, because we can chat about things. At a party, this interaction becomes very important, and anyone seeminlg ymore popular than we are gets the critical treatment, such as "she has ugly shoes and thick ankles" But generally, it is about having time away from others to just reflect on what only we may understand. It is like this for shoes as well. We women wear our heels quite easily and openly. Some of the men here do this, but it is about boots and worn with pants, and while we know you can relate, you still aren't girls, and none of you are looking to be. So sometimes, a woman needs women to provide the good opinion. We cannot all mesh together as a group and expect everything to run smooth. We all need our seperate moments as well.

And such is the advantage of being female, just imagine what would happend if a group of guy's vanished en-masse to the loo's for a chinwag, that would raise a few eyebrows :eek:

Hey I would prefer is Men did the same thing, they would certainly be better for it. They would communicate and they would SLOW DOWN. I think it has something to do with the ability to urinate while standing, it makes the trip to the rest room so much easier and quicker, in that sense. Men should go in groups, talk about things out of the auditory scope of women, and just let go. And because part of your trip is quick, the rest of the time can be spent discussing things before the return. It would be beneficial.

The more enlightened among us think in a similar way (although I may be lynched for saying so here!) but unfortunately there is a certain mentality among many men that the loo's are just for urinating in, get in there do it quick and get out (certainly many guy's loo's are not exactly conducive to conversation, when I go in I want to get out quick! :smile:

I agree generally we should mix where we can and that will be 99% of the time. There is however, no harm in having a UK heel wearers thread, or one for other areas of the world to discuss "trivial" issues only of interest to local people. What's the point of telling someone in the USA there is 50% off shoes this month at "New Look" if "New Look" shops only exist in the UK. Futhermore, someone making a visit to the UK could read this thread and quickly get an idea about the scene there with the specific posts collected in one place. I didn't create threads for other world areas by the way. I'm leaving that to the people in those places to do so if they want to.

• 7 years later...

It's amazing the number of people reading this forum but not posting anything. Often I'll see 5-7 people "browsing" the forums. I'll come back later to see nothing has been added.

OK, we can't force you to post, and I do know some people do prefer to read, but please don't be shy if that's what's bothering you.

Delurk now, and share your opinions. Everyone's (friendly) opinions are most welcome here. And when you do finally "come out," you'll often enourage others to do so too.

I agree, I think the posting of new and intriguing threads is most important.

:winkiss:

The more enlightened among us think in a similar way (although I may be lynched for saying so here!) but unfortunately there is a certain mentality among many men that the loo's are just for urinating in, get in there do it quick and get out (certainly many guy's loo's are not exactly conducive to conversation, when I go in I want to get out quick! :winkiss:

Men's rooms just aren't the sort of place most of us care to spend more time in than we have to. Get the job done, and get out.

You ladies have to understand, men's rooms tend towards the utilitarian. The (*ahem*) atmosphere doesn't encourage one to loiter.

Besides, we don't have to go to the men's rooms to talk about ladies. We just wait until the women head off en masse, and talk about them while they're gone.

If that doesn't happen, we head to the bar for our chats. Or didn't you notice, when one man gets up to get more drinks, another one does the same about a minute later? And it takes quite a while to get those drinks and return to the table?

Same thing going on, we're just not as obvious about it.