Anno 1972

heelma

Greetings Heelma, Wow the news from back then, I did not look at the date until the end of the read, it could have been now! Well I think the only difference is how we want to see our present time. I think we are well on our way to catching and perhaps passing those historical trends to being able to do this as much as we want. It is kind of fun to think what the headlines will say in about another 30 years regarding our styles gains in wearing heels today. Good article and cool to read about it. Thanks for bringing it out on the threads. Mtns of heels

Talk about a blast from the past! I thought the article seemed vaguely familiar, and when I read the part about the guy who broke his ankle and was thankful that he didn't strangle in his pearls, it hit me that I read it when it was first published. I was just getting into the shoe scene then and that fall I bought my first pair of platform clogs. They were navy blue suede with a black, genuine cork base made by El Greco. Man they were hot! Little did I know that a true monster had been created, and I wouldn't change it for the world!!! P.S. Before I bought my clogs I already had a couple of pairs of boots with a 2-1/2" heel. It was great then. Guys could wear just about any platform shoe and get away with it no questions asked. Believe me, I did!!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

In one regard, I'm sorry the platform disco shoes went out of style. On the other hand, that encouraged me to wear more feminine high heels privately and publicly and experience the thrill and fun of doing so. But I really do miss those male high heels.