Come on girls :)

roz

:smile: Obviously our corner of the forum is never going to be as busy as the mens' forum because there are less of us here, but I thought I'd do a few new threads tonight to see if it can encourage more girls to post. If you don't post very often it would be interesting to hear why. Also, if you're a new member, hope you can join us in talking 'bout heels! I really hope people have something add to the topics I added tonight, and hope that it encourages even more conversation, and if you have any ideas for topics, make sure you add them :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

hmm i think the reason their are less girls is because for girls its more just a general fashion and not a fetish that needs to be discussed... as for why i dont post.. works gotten way busy of late.. busy playing ffxi.. and just in general withdrawn in myself again of late and hiding from the world.. i dunno. another 2 hours till i get off then i get to go visit my cousin lol. always with love angel

Hi Roz, I have to admit to being too busy just now as well. I have to say you made a valliant effort to revive the Girls section and I'll post there as soon as I have a moment. xxx

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you roz. I am new to the High Heel Place and I was so excited to find it that I spent hours reading the forum discussions and adding my two cents were I thought I had something to say. I am a little surprised by the male to female ratio here. I think that there are a lot more girls out there who love heels, but as was stated earlier, for many of us it is not unusual to wear high heels; but for the men, it is. I have to say, that I am more comfortable with the responses from the girls than the guys. That may be because being a girl, I can't understand the guys position. I mean, I do understand them having a love of heels, but beyond that I don't understand. I really like what the ladies have to say about shoes, and you all are a great source of information, particularly regarding where to find shoes. And looking at your photographs and reading your descriptions, I'm begining to realize that the quantity of different types of shoes is almost overwhelming. How wonderful for us. roz, it seems like most topics have been discussed, but I will post a new thread.

I am beginning to understand the male/female ratio just because us women are always talking about heels to each other, while men don't have as much of a chance to which is why they're here. I think men are more 'forum types' too, most forums seem to have lots of men vs lots of women. I think as well a lot of the topics I start here are applicable to both women and men, such as "how tall are you", "how high are your heels", "what are your favourite heels" etc - all applicable whether you're guy/girl, while there are plenty more male-related topics that aren't relevant to girls.

Although I read through the forum areas for guys and everybody, I think that it is a little weird having guys responding in the girls section. I agree that the way this forum is set up is good and all members should observe the rules. . .me included.

Franie, I did a little research. I don't know that it will answer your question, but you may find it interesting.

A fetish is defined as the attribution of religious or mystical qualities to inatimate objects as a primary stage in the development of a culture or civilization. An object believed to have supernatural powers, or in particular, a man-made object that has power over others. [That may be true in attracting a partner. the part about having power over others.-Chrissy] The attribution of inherent value or power to an object. [That is definately true. Even those who don't consider themselve to have a shoe fetish wouldn't pay so much money for shoes that they like if they weren't attributing value that exceeds the cost of the materials and workmanship.- Chrissy]

Until Freud contributed to the conversation, fetishes weren't thought about in terms of sex. He defined a sexual festish as "paraphillia", from the greek words "beside" and "love". He stated that paraphillia is a persistant, intense sexual interest, fantasy or urge involving a non-human object, pain, humilation or non-consenting adult. [so men's wearing of high heel shoes intended for women, which is considered taboo my many societies, fits with Freud's definition; but this isn't necessarily true for women.-Chrissy] He went on to say that paraphillia is the use of an inatimate object to gain sexual excitement. When men have a fetish for women's clothes, it is called "transvestic fetish". When women have a fetish for women's clothes, it is called "exhibitionism". [i am not creating this information, it comes from Wikipedia.-Chrissy] A shoe fetish is called "Retifism" after the guy who identified the fetish.

I think that men who wear high heels can also fall under the headings of exhibitionism and retisfism, but I suspect that most men (I know there are some here) do not wear their high heels out in public and are therefore not exhibistionist but retismists.

Franie, do you, or any of the other girls here, believe that you are described by the definitions above, as having a shoe fetish? I think there is a fine line between loving shoes and having a fetish. You can have a million shoes and not receive sexual gratification from them in the same way that some people collect stamps. Personally, I think that most of us here, by virtue of our being here at this forum, have a little bit of a shoe fetish. I know that when I wear high heel shoes in public, I feel good about myself. I feel confident and attractive. And let's face the truth, although high heel shoes can be comfortable and practical, they are never as comfortable or practical as, say, a cross-training shoe. We buy them because of the way they look, the way they make us look, and the way they make us feel. We do this for ourselves, but we also do it because of the way we want to be perceived [there's that exhibitionism again -Chrissy].

I look forward to hearing some thoughts.

(PS. I'm going to post some information I found on the history of high heels, but thought that it would muddy this discussion if posted here.-Chrissy)

Chrissy, that is some deep thinking. I wear heels for both fashion and fetish. I noticed when I broke my leg and was in a long cast with my foot pointed down and wore a 6" heel to keep from dragging my toes I sure attracted a lot of male attention. Since then I take full advantage of that weakness in the male gender. Heels up to 4" are fashion, 5" can be either, and over 5" is fetish.